Leader Class Grimlock

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by er4smiths, Jun 8, 2008.

1. er4smiths

er4smiths Optimus Prime Titan

Someone PLEASE give me some hope as to Hasbro maybe releasing a Leader Class Grimlock in the near future. I love the Voyager figure - but it's TOO SMALL!!!!!! It is NOT show accurate as far as size! He doesn't match up to the other figures at all. He is at least Megatron's sizein the show. His figure is barely taller than deluxe Prime and Ratchet.
    I mean he is the Leader of the Dinobots - and I know Hasbro could do some awesome things with adding sounds to him etc.
    Any thought? Please?

2. Shark Jumper

Shark Jumper さあ、お前の罪を数えろ

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    When you think about "Snarl" is a bit small as a deluxe...

But yeah a leader size Grimlock would be nice, especially if they fixed some of the issues with his alt mode (the gap). I doubt hasbro has plans of doing that any time soon... I'm having a hard time looking for V-Grimlock as is...

3. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    If Hasbro made a fig of every character who needed to be bigger half the line would be leaders. grimlock is fine as he is. He's in scale with Voyager Bulkhead and Lugnut, not to mention close in scale with deluxe Prime.

4. er4smiths

I found 2 at Walmart last night and snagged them both. They were both way up top behind everything else.

Do you think Hasbro would listen if enough of us rallied around the request for a Leader Grimlock?

5. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Judging from past-experiences, nope. besides, IMO, Lugnut needs a Leader class fig more.

Still, there is a glimmer of hope. Hasbro often releases like four-five Leaders, two of which are repaints, but since Animated has no real repaint value thanks to the highly involved show, we could get brand new moulds for the other Leaders. (One of which could be Grims or Lugs)

6. Kingplay

Kingplay Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:

lucky!

7. er4smiths

Hey Split Lip - you're right about the scale thing. Why does that always happen? I wish they would make the sizes show accurate SO BAD!!!

8. er4smiths

Yeah I got lucky alright. One Walmart I went to had most of the first couple waves. Voyager Megatron, Starscream, Bulkhead, Grimlock, plus all the deluxes. Only thing I haven't seen in Voyager Prime

9. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    It's physically impossible for Hasbro to make a totally show-accurate line of figs size-wise while still ensuring quality of design and filling of each size class. it was just easier for Hasbro to make "two" scales that you can add to. Plus, Size is not everythign with Abnimated figs. Voyager Bulkhead is probably one of the best figures if not the best of the line. Hasbro does these things because they basically have no choice.

Also, Voyager Prime isn't out yet, so don't feel bad if you can't find him.

10. dark69

dark69 BlackArachnia Terrorize!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    lugnut yes he needs one but i don't realy think grimlock needs one hes a LIL to small but not that bad

11. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    One thing I've noticed, Grimlcok is huge in Dino mode. Can we really can that fig small just because he's out of scale with a few figs? That's like saying Voyager Bulkhead is smaller than Deluxe BB.

12. MaikeruSan

MaikeruSan KnightStalker

News Credits:
    all I need is a leadr class lunut.

13. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    I think Lugnut deserves a Leader more, because unlike Grimlock and Bulkhead, his Voyager isn't as accurate. While cool, he could deffinately benefit from a bigger, beefier Leader toy. (If it's possible)

14. Lockdown

Lockdown Bootey Hunter

News Credits:
    If they did this what you would get would be smaller renditions of characters on the show not more large scale toys.

Honestly I think people dont actually see what gets done with scale on the show they only focus on certain aspects. From what I've seen alot of characters sizes seem to alter depending on who they are near the scale of characters on the show is very fluid and very vague "Bulkhead is bigger than all the other bots except Magnus who is notably taller but most of the Decepticons are larger than Bulkhead'.

And really I think thats the point scale isnt important in itself on the show its simply a tool used to convey certain themes

15. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Lockdown, well said.

16. Codimus Prime

Codimus Prime Missouri Toy Hunter

Enough with the "this bot needs to be this class/size" ... it's all just wishes and dreams.

I don't care to buy a toy, only to have a bigger and better one come out months later.

When we say "well I think autobot (insert name) needs to be this (fill in size/class)" we're basically saying to Hasbro "we don't like our money to stay in our wallets and yes we'll buy multiples of one character within one line to of toys just to get the most awesomest one."

As much as I'd like for them to get it right the first time, I know that "right" will not please everyone.

That said, Leader Class Grimlock would be cool. Maybe if we get MP-07 as Grimlock you can call him "leader."

17. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    I'm perfectly happy with all of the figures I have so far. Lugnut and (voyager) Bulkhead, while short, are still great figures. If they only make one more Leader, I'd rather it be Lugnut than Grimlock, but if this is all we get for both of them, I'll still be just as happy with them.

18. Synthetic Breed

Synthetic Breed Supreme Autubot Commander

Lugnut is easily one of my top 5 Animated figures.

19. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Lugnut for Leader. Even that sentence sounds so right.

20. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yup. Leader Lugnut please!