Leader Class for 3rd Movie

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Radioactive Ravage, Nov 28, 2009.

1. Radioactive Ravage

Radioactive Ravage Ancient

Just a question- with the success of RoTF Optimus Prime there is always a chance that the Leader Class Prime for the 3rd movie will be even greater. However, would you be satisfied with leaving RoTF Optimus Prime as the definitive Movie Prime and have the next Leader Class Autobot be a larger scale robot such as Ratchet, Ironhide, etc? Or, with the advent of RoTF Starscream, would you be pleased with a 3rd Movie Prime, 3rd Movie Megatron, 3rd Movie Important Autobot or Decepticon, and a second Autobot Leader Class being Ratchet or Ironhide?

I was debating this after looking at my Voyager Ironhide today- it's a good mold, but Movie Ironhide is a hulking, stocky brute with epic cannons. I think he could only benefit from having a Leader Class toy, and since Hasbro has had a long time with the CGI model, they could do wonders with one of these more massive cars- and they would be closer in scale to the Human Alliance toys, since a Human Alliance Ironhide or Ratchet is highly unlikely.

Thoughts?

2. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    I really don' think too many improvements could be made on Leader Prime, though yes the same was thought about the first one too. But I'd rather they fill a Leader slot with Blackout/Grindor or Bonecrusher should the character models be used again.

3. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    in before request for leader class Blackout/Grindor

edit damn too slow XD wheeljack prime type slower will ya XD

4. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    no. i won't

5. _Galvatron_

_Galvatron_ Emperor of Destruction

I honestly think they will offer a repaint of the current Leader Prime alongside a new mold that will likely have a supermode.

Hasbro just has to milk the current Leader Prime mold to death. That's not me being sarcastic, that's Hasbro being smart. But I am confident there will be yet another new Leader Prime for the next film.

Of course, I can't wait for it to arrive.

6. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    I could get behind a leader-class Ironhide. He's my second favorite movie design besides Starscream. I never felt like the voyager version accurately captured his design, looking more lanky than it should.

7. Tyrannosaur

Tyrannosaur 100% Sarcastic Saurian

I want a more articulated, better, Megatron figure. One with a larger head, red painted eyes, arm/leg swivel, the whole works.

8. Radioactive Ravage

Radioactive Ravage Ancient

Well, yes. I suppose the whole Leader Class Blackout thing does factor into this as well- but my main point is, would you like a Leader Class Ironhide or Ratchet...?

9. Shadow25

Shadow25 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd say make minor retools to Prime and Starscream, and redo Megatron whether or not he gets changed for TF3. Then fill the remaining spots with the large new characters, perhaps Ultra Magnus, Galvatron, or Grimlock, if they are included.

10. Waverider

Waverider Supreme Dude TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Leader class Wheelie.....

11. MarioBilll1

MarioBilll1 Well-Known Member

leader class jolt...

12. OptimusPrimeFour

OptimusPrimeFour Autobot Supreme Comander

I personally don't want a leader ratchet or ironhide because it would be way out of scale with the others, besides save those leader spots for more important bots or cons in the 3rd movie that would go with scale, voyager ironhide is pretty much in scale with the rest of the autobots its just that ratchet needs to be a smaller voyager because the toy of him is bigger then ironhide and in the movie its the opposite.

Also if you want a cgi correct ironhide you need to get the premium ironhide and use the new head and arm cannon's from the 1st ROTF ironhide and just give him a little touch up paint and he looks like he just came out of the movie!!! Mine looks perfect from doing that but i don't have a camera, if i did i would post it in radicons!

13. SilverDragon

SilverDragon YEAH TOAST!

News Credits:
    They'll most likely redeco RotF Prime, considering how spot-on that mold is to the CGI model, but a new Megatron would be likely now that they have a finalised concept to work off. Maybe he'll be something of a triple-changer like he was in the film, going from tank to some kind of jet-tank.

14. Rijie78

Rijie78 Vinyl junkie.

News Credits:
    Whether new or tweaked, I'd expect Prime and Megs to have Leader class toys for TF3. I'd also expect the Leader Starscream to be reissued/repainted. As for a new Leader toy - I'd assume there'll be a new character in the third film that will be a more obvious fit than Ironhide or Ratchet.

However, I wouldn't be at all surprised if a new, far more accurate Voyager Ironhide gets made. He's a great design & a central, popular character, badly served by the existing toy. The Voyager size is perfectly suitable, it just needs a decent toy design.

15. Buzzer-Bot

Buzzer-Bot Kamikaze

I would be happy if they do a Leader Long Haul. Seriously.

16. ThaConqueror

ThaConqueror Rock! Robot Rock!

I say the Leader slots will be used by a new Prime (either new mold or repaint...I'd prefer new mold), new Megatron (I hope he doesn't change forms, I'd like a more accurate tank Megs), whatever new character they feel is fit for a Leader Class mold and maybe a Blackor/Grindout, because I couldn't give two shits about a better painted Starscream.

As for Ironhide and Ratchet, I'd go for new mold Voyager class toys, for more accuracy and more in scale. I'd really, really, really like HA Ironhide w/ Lennox and Ratchet w/ Keller, though, that'd kick arse.

17. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I put my bets on there being a leader Galvatron.

18. ComicGuy89

ComicGuy89 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't know about you guys, but personally, I'd like a Leader Soundwave.

19. Toxicon

Toxicon Banned

News Credits:
    Thank you. Being that the only Decepticons remaining (alive, that is) are Megatron, Starscream, and Soundwave, he's sure to play a larger role in the third movie, hopefully ensuring him a Leader toy.

20. Autoclot

Autoclot Well-Known Member

If they were to put him in the film, I'd love a leader class of the 2007 game version of Shockwave. That thing ruled :) 

I think Prime was pretty much spot on for RotF, so someone else could replace him as a new mould. Of the other known surviving characters

* Megatron needs a new mould
    * Bumblebee, Sideswipe, the twins and jolt are too small to warrant a leader class mould
    * Ratchet or Ironhide may work as leader class, but as others have said, they may be too big for the vehicles
    * Starscream is already getting a leader mould that looks great
    * Soundwave may work as leader class

I'd hope the lineup, based on known survivors so far, would be

* Prime - RotF reissue
    * Megatron - new mould based on current CGI model
    * Starscream - RotF reissue
    * Soundwave - triple changing to satellite and earth mode (but lose the bodgy space plane thing from the deluxe)