Heavy/Scratch: Leader class DOTM Megatron (new design)

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Robot_art, Oct 28, 2011.

1. Robot_art

Robot_art Well-Known Member

Just a quick note to say this guy is ending on eBay in less than an hour if anyone is interested in him, he is at a really low price too so you might grab a bargain :) 

Transformers Dark of the moon Megatron

heres my custom leader class megatron from dark of the moon (sorry for the late post)

This custom made Leader Class dark of the moon Megatron stands at 11 inches tall and is designed to fit
    perfectly with all other leader class figures. He has been scratch built to be as acurate to the Josh Nizzi concept art
    as possible. i took great care to build this custom with a sense of power and strength to acurately mirror his appearance
    in the film in addition to ensuring his rusted and damaged aspects were also represented. I wanted Megatron to be in keeping
    with the beautiful DMK-01 model kit so i really went overboard on the details, with sculpted 3d rust effects, pistons that expand
    and contract as well as wires, cables and lots of mechanical details that are hidden all over this design.
    Megatron is not just a base figure with extra bits glued on, he is absolutely unique as well as being very beefy and heavy.
    Megatron comes with his removable cloak which has been hand made and painted and holds its shape when removed, it has been created
    to look like it is blowing in the wind as it did in the film. Megatron also comes with his shotgun which is movie acurate,
    his shotgun can be held in his hand or stored on his back, as an added feature i have made his gun to fold up and attach to his arm to
    mirror his gen one appearance. Megatron also comes with the chains that wrap around his body which have been aged and rusted.
    His chains are completely removable and i have only shown them attached in a couple of shots to better show off his body detailing.
    Megatron is non-transformable.

His paint is very high quality and many days were spent applying his rust effects, dirt and dust to give a very realistic appearance.
    he was coated in crystal clear and dullcoat several times to make him very very tough.
    He is very posable and includes the following articulation-

-head is balljointed
    -shoulders ball jointed
    -elbows bend and arms rotate
    -wrist is balljointed
    -hands are extremely posable with all fingers on both hands being individually posable
    -ankles tilt and bend allowing for dynamic posing
    -hips are very posable
    -knees bend as normal
    -shoulder pads are individually posable and "wing" sections at the back of his shoulders are also posable
    -shotgun can be held in hand, stored on back or transforms to be attached to his arm as a nod to his gen one appearance.

he is up on ebay right now if anyone is curious. hope you like him :) 

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 30, 2011
  2. Zendai

Zendai Minicon Addict

Wow, good job. The shotgun is really impressive.

3. Zildjian

Zildjian Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That is the best Megatron yet...... if I may ask, where did you get the shoulder cover pieces from?

4. xaviercal

xaviercal Customizer/ Store Owner

that is really one best Leader Class Megatron out there great job Sir.

5. KINGBOTZ

KINGBOTZ www.KINGBOTZ.com

Ebay:
    This looks really good man, love the gun-attachment throwback to G1!

6. Stormvapor

Stormvapor Well-Known Member

Epic!

7. Robot_art

they are completely scratch built i searched for days to find the right shoulder bits and nothing looked right so i sculpted them from scratch.

8. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    nice. I saw this on ebay, gotta say, I love it.

9. Scotscream

Scotscream Total-con

Ebay:
    ok so im gonna pic your brain even more now bro haha,i notice the feet are of the same design as the voyager sized toy exept leader sized,did you scratch build these or what figz they from?cheers cant stop looking at this and i think i spotted parts from rid wedge on the backs of the feet!

10. Robot_art

lol well spotted, there is a cut down part from wedge on the back of the feet. the rest is scratch built, i loved Megatrons feet in the movie i especially loved all of the detailing inside the foot, like the four blades in between the toes and the piston in the centre of the foot so i took some time to build the feet exactly the way i wanted them. they are actually quite different to the voyager sized feet as i was trying to go more for the concept art but the voyager meagtron does have great feet (now i am starting to get worried i am developing a robot foot fetish) oh and the wheels are actually not from an optimus prime at all (not that anyone said they were:) , i bought them from my local hobby shop because i really loved the tread pattern

11. Scotscream

Scotscream Total-con

Ebay:
    foot fetish haha yeah iv got the same thing about robot hands!

so you never answered the question haha were there specific parts there or completly scratch built feet?and while were on it the hands to lol

12. Scotscream

Scotscream Total-con

Ebay:
    the more i look at this,taking into account the amount you scratch built,i dont even see how it is possible for you to have this finished before transformers 5 comes out haha,its got me very intrigued though.so you used styrene for the majority right?well looking closer the textures of the panels dont look like styrene,to me they look like they are from some kind of model kits,or maybe you have some of the best styrene capability i have ever seen.if so-well done!

13. BLK-OUT 4500X

BLK-OUT 4500X Well-Known Member

This is so awesome man , great job .

14. sh4d0w dweller

sh4d0w dweller Well-Known Member

great great job this is an incredible figure

15. Algernon

Algernon Radicon Acolyte

News Credits:
    Very impressive! I love how his cloak looks like it's blowing.

16. InFluenc3

InFluenc3 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    LOVE this representation, by far the best one yet!

17. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    Amazing work! Just Impressive!!

18. Robot_art

Apart from the bit of wedge in the back of the foot and a random robot part at the heel the feet are scratch built, all the toes, blades etc are all made from scratch, not from an existing robot or kit.

You were right the majority of it started out as blank styrene, as mentioned there are a few detail bits from model kits or bots but they are only detail small bits the rest started out as blank styrene which I heavily detailed after I had built the correct shape of each component, I sculpted 3d rust onto it as well as hundreds of tiny rivet holes ( that nearly killed me I gotta tell you) the paint apps also add a depth of texture to him too with chipped off paint showing rusted metal underneath etc. The hands were made from scratch with some random bits thrown in not just chopped off some poor bot somewhere. I decided to go down the insane road of scratch building because I couldn't find the exact shape of things I wanted on other bots or model kits

19. Armentitron

Armentitron Well-Known Member

THE. BEST. YET. Well proportionalised.

20. Unicron9

Unicron9 Chaos Bringer 9

The best one I've seen! near perfect proportions to the movie and great dirty rusty effects!

Edit; After starring at this in awe for the last 10 min, the only thing I think it could use is more silver-ish parts. Not that it really matters. You already won the "best eva" award by a good bit and the accuracy is insane. He just seems a little overpowered by the main color. Maybe that's totally accurate though. I haven't watched the movie in a while.

But yeah, I want this bad!