Leader Class Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by IceWilly, Jun 23, 2010.

1. IceWilly

IceWilly Technobot

What is your personal approach to this class? Mention what game mode you are referring to as obviously your role will change when not strictly killing.

I have yet to get very good with leader, unlike the other classes. I dislike the special abilities a lot and haven't found a good weapon set I like. Warcry seems to make the leaders into ultimate tanks, and in melee battles they seem to be unmatched. As for the other 3, barrier has it's uses and can force them to come into a close quarters fight, but this molecution bomb doesn't seem great. Maybe for defending a fixed position. Haven't gotten disruption yet.

What do you guys recommend for weapons, what have you found to be effective?

2. blumpy2000

blumpy2000 PENGUINS CAN'T FLY!!!

Leader is my favorite class for multiplayer (I prefer flyers for Escalation). I use the Ion Blaster with Warcry and Moleculon Bomb. My upgrades are No Surrender, Martyrdom (which doesn't work sometimes) and Seeker. I've looked at the next few upgrades and I dont really see myself using any of them until level 23, as they just don't fit my playing style.

As for how I use him, if I'm by myself, right before a fight I"ll use Warcry (but early enough where I"m not getting destroyed while my guy jumps in the air and yells) and if there's more than one baddie I'll throw the moleculon bomb. Warcry, as you mentioned, makes you a killing machine, but the bomb slows the baddies down so even the tanks become easy pickings. If my side is playing like a team, and sticking together, I'll wait and use the Warcry when everyone is around. I don't use the leader's grenades at all because frankly I can never kill anyone with them, but with the Martyrdom upgrade if the guy who kills you used a melee and is weak enough they die a grenady death too. As I said though, for some reason sometimes when I die I don't drop the grenades, which is kind of frustrating.

Also just to throw this out there, I'm unhappy that I can't make a naked Ultra Magnus out of Prime.

3. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    Haven't used leaders all that much yet but I am disappointed in the lack of deception chassis. Can we has motormaster or somethin plz?

4. blumpy2000

Onslaught is in the concept art, so I'm holding out that he's unlockable. But yeah until then I have three very similar looking Soundwaves.

5. Dirge121

Dirge121 Eat the chikums

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Wasnt there one big bulky guy shown in concept art?
    Covered in wheels, could be him?

6. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    Don't remember seeing that one. Either way hope there's at least one more! Not that I don't like Soundwave design but :p 

7. blumpy2000

yep same guy