Leader Class Bumblebee vs. Battle Ops Bumblebee

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by areaseven, Jun 19, 2011.

?

Which is the superior giant-sized Bumblebee?

1. Leader Class Bumblebee (Dark of the Moon)

46 vote(s)
    41.8%
  2. Battle Ops Bumblebee (Hunt for the Decepticons/Masterpiece)

64 vote(s)
    58.2%
  1. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

Yeah, anyone got any side by side comparisons they can show? Whilst the search function is diabled I can't be bothered to go hunting down a review thread for any of them.

2. Facemeat

Facemeat Give me your Face(meat)!

Just got BOBB last night for $30 (same price as I got Leader BB for), and to me, the choice is now absolutely clear which is the better figure, and which was more worth it: BOBB. Awesome gimmicks, excellent proportions, and great detailing. This guy easily deserved the Masterpiece classification, IMO. Don't get me wrong, I still love the Leader, he just pales in comparison to this guy:

[​IMG]

(Sorry for the poor pic quality.)

3. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Nobody defeats the DEVASTATOR!

I probably will buy it on clearance at some point.

4. Nightwind

Nightwind Aka Dusty Bottoms.

I've got the Costco BOBB, the HFTD BOBB and DOTM Leader BB and these pictures explain why I voted for BOBB:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I like the DOTM Leader version as well, but I don't like the holes left in the back when you don't have the backpack on in alt mode. Both toys are worth their price, though, IMO.

5. MidnightBliss

MidnightBliss Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What does BOBB look like standing next to ROTF Prime or DOTM Sentinel?

6. Sportimus

Sportimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Friggin' arm cannons! Arg! I hate it that Hasbro insists on doing that to the larger BB's. The BOBB looks better, but he is nowhere to be found in my area, which was why I bought Leader DOTM BB for $30 at Target. But that damned cannon arm looks more like he is an amputee and Ratchet just patched it up with rounded parts. I hate it.

Which is why I bought a second HA BB. I'm hoping I can figure out how to put a right arm on him by using the left arm of the other HA BB. The leg mods are easy at least, and he is almost as tall as the Leader one...sort of. Well, tall enough anyway.

7. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    Where's the "strap them both to fireworks for an American Independence Day celebration" option?

8. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

Wow.

I had no idea of the difference in size until I saw this pic! No stores near me sell BOBB so I've never seen him in person. I think there are great aspects to both figures, but alongside the larger figure, the proportions on the leader just look off.

I think what the leader does have in its favour is the updated alt mode and the more 'transformed' chest section, even if it is a complete cheat.

Given the choice (and the finances) I think my preference would be to go with the Masterpiece verison of the BOBB mold, but I guess now I have a decision to make...

9. wildfly

wildfly Fermenting pork tube.

News Credits:
    It's under the "I'm not going to contribute anything useful to this thread" category.

10. stormshadow0621

stormshadow0621 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    BOBB is a tank compared to the leader...you will get more dynamic poises with the leader. Too bad the leader has a small head and other minor issues or it would be hands on the better version.

11. Shin-Gouki

Shin-Gouki Retired Admln Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Handle):
    Pinterest:
    Bought Leader today at target with the coupon. I have to say while I like it (Especially vehicle attack mode) it seems a bit too lanky in the waist area in Bot mode. I am really tempted to get BOBB as well as on clearance it's the same price

12. Xonic

Xonic Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I read this thread, very interesting. I had leader which I thought was great, now I have battle ops. I have to say, without being too cliche about this, battle ops has redefined the way I think about bumblebee and he is not at all one of my favourites, so this was hard to do.
    I hlove the robot mode! as I understand it he looks damn near dead on to the movie, he has a ton of detail and a load of gimics which you can either use or not use, including a working battlemask which in my opinion is fantastic! Also, i really like teh cannon arm. Sure it's a bit naf when you put it in hand mode, but the fact it even transforms is worth it for me and I'd like to see more bots that do this.
    The car is also great, nice to have rubber wheels, a completely different set of gimics, not to mention blasters that come out, make a charging noise and then even more gimics. Essentially this toy has 4 modes which you just can't get with leader bumblebee.
    For those saying they like leader bumblebees vehicle attack mode, honestly i don't get that sorry. that huge pack is just an enormous piece of junk in my opinion, bad sounds, 2 really rubbish arms that just swing forward and weapons that don't in my opinion even look like weapons, just lumps of plastic, not to mention that the whole thing hangs really badly off either the robot or the roof of the car with no intengration what so ever.
    Leader bumblebee figure is ok i guess, but proportions don't feel quite right to me and doesn't have the detail of the battle ops.
    I should
    say to avoid confusion, I got masterpiece bumblebee which I understand looks far better.
    My advice, if you don't much like bumblebee, maybe stick with leader if you can get him cheaply, ditch the stupid jejetpack. if you want something you'll like looking at and playing with, get masterpiece or cosco, you won't be disappointed.

13. LegendAntihero

LegendAntihero Banned

Hard to think of anything worse than DOTM Leader class Bumblebee.

14. Cool Hand Lube

Cool Hand Lube Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    G1 Quickswitch?

15. AMG

AMG Old School

DotM leader class Bumblebee for me. I love the ability to take off the electronic gimmick and toss it into a bin (which I did immediately).

16. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    Battle Ops Bumblebee is the best version of Bumblebee that's ever been released. Period.

That Leader DotM one felt like a damn knockoff.

Anyone who says otherwise hasn't had Battle Ops Bumblebee.

17. bny888

bny888 バグバイト

News Credits:
    Battle Ops: bigger and better looking, but heavy and bulky because of the electronics.

DOTM Leader: smaller and lighter, easier to transform, no electronics in the bot itself but only in the MecTech weapon.

I have all 3 versions of Battle Ops (original, Costco, MPM02) as well as DOTM Leader.

18. Kevin XI

Kevin XI Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    DOTM BB is cool, but BOBB is better. Lock the cannon over that dumb gimp claw and forget it, and you'll like it even more.

19. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    I passed on BOBB.
    I dig DOTM leader BB's proportions.

My only problem is that he doesn't have 2 hands.

20. LegendAntihero

LegendAntihero Banned

I would take the HFTD's superior engineering and design over DOTM's articulation any day.