Leader Class Brawl

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by TCracker, Aug 12, 2007.

1. Cujo

Cujo United States Air Force

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i got this today alllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll kinds of awesomeness..... my only gripe is mine's eyes arent fully red........ any way i can fix him?

2. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Mine need more red too. Someone suggested red transparent testors paint but I didn't try it yet.

3. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Veteran

News Credits:
    I just unscrewed the light piping and did a few coats with a red Sharpie. Worked well.

4. Ripclaw

Ripclaw DementedDino1

seeing all these pics make me say one thing

I WANT ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WWWWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

(reason for the wwwwaaaahhh is i cant afford it)

5. jetrex

jetrex Transform and Roll Out!

Ebay:
    I just got mine!!! He's Sweet!!!!!
    There was a gigantic pile at my local WM!!!

6. Andre

Andre Autobot Guardian

News Credits:
    I was inspired by another image in this thread :)  :

[​IMG]

7. DilaZirK

DilaZirK Is bullheaded.

News Credits:
    ^:lol  :lol  :lol 

8. ckbuddha

ckbuddha Well-Known Member

I just picked Brawl up tonight, and I must say it is a very impressive TF! By far one of the best TFs produced from the movie next to Ironhide and Robovision Prime.

9. Pooky

Pooky Well-Known Member

One request. Can I get a shot of Brawl alongside Voyager Optimus/Megs? Thanks.

10. TCracker

TCracker R.I.P., 5/2019 Veteran

News Credits:
    Ask and you shall receive....:D 

Sorry no Voyager Megs, I dont have him.

[​IMG]

11. Deadend

Deadend Spark of Creation

News Credits:
    mmm Finally more decepticons in the right scales. All we need now is voyager bonecrusher, leader starscream, and leader blackout.

12. Night Flame

Night Flame TFW2005 Supporter

Having finally fiddled with him a bit, I feel like the feet may have an assembly problem. They have ankle articulation, but in the wrong direction. If you have the legs separated somewhat, for flat-foot-stance you'd need them to swing somewhat inwards, but they don't. They do, however, swing outwards. Quite a bit actually. Which makes me wonder if you can switch which foot is on which side and have it work, or if you'd have to take a file to the inside of the mount-point to make it articulate properly.

Outside of that, he's the ultimate in Transformers engineering. I've never seen anything quite like it. There's a lot going on on this mold, including a lot of things that don't need to go on but make a lot of sense. Like the inside of the forearm moving when you move the hands. And the finger articulation is terrific.

Basically, I love him. He's what all leader class figures should be. Not just big, but very complex on every level. Even the turret transformation is something that makes you go, "how'd they think this up?" Brilliance.

13. primenemesis

primenemesis Banned

Ebay:
    I got him yesterday all I got to say is Snap this Transformers is one badass.

I'm on the blackout needs to get leader sized bandwagon.

14. Maximo Prime

Maximo Prime Bassist of Ill Repute

Ebay:
    I am going to wait on the recolor, that desert one looks nice. Saw it today, but passed (the original deco).

15. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I was expecting to like Brawl, but there's a lot more that I find annoying.

The 'automorph' panels on the sides of the tank can pop loose easily. Similar can be said for the head Automorph if you hit the wrong spot in handling.

Certain aspects of the transformation, mainly the leg-assemblage, are a little too 'origami-style' for my tastes.

All the parts that pop off for safety are in positions to do so quite easily. Right now Brawl has one top turret gun and one arm blade MIA. hopefully I will find the spot where they flew.

The head automorph is pretty neat, and the face looks like a grumpy bulldog. If you look closely, you can see it peering out of the hatch hole in tank mode.

I simply have to take the batteries out of this thing. I can't stand toys that make lots of noise when you handle or transform them, and making noise is pretty unavoidable with Brawl.

If it weren't for the terrible shoulder design, I would give Deluxe Brawl a higher rating than leader Brawl. Maybe the leader version will grow on me, but it's kinda even now.

16. Night Flame

I was having this problem with the head constantly popping back up no matter what I did with it until I realized locking the center gray bit up against the body locks the head in whatever position it's currently in. I'm still not sure how that works when nothing else is in the right position, but it work every time.

Still haven't figured out what locks the side bits in place outside of friction and getting them squished up against other pieces that prevent them from flopping back.

17. Razerwire

News Credits:
    I just tried to take apart his feet. Doesn't work with the pin on the heel. :( 

Plus after looking at it, it does look like it swings the outwards more but after studying it more carefully, it swings equally on both sides. For some reason it's really decieving.

18. Razerwire

News Credits:
    The two gray lights in front of the tank lock the front of the side panels. And that's pretty much it.

19. Night Flame

Hmm. Maybe, depending on where you consider "center" to be. But it's still annoying to see ankle articulation that essentially doesn't do you any good.

I think I'll be getting out the punch set at some point to see if I can budge that pin on the heel. Or just breaking out the rat tail files.

Oh, I thought we were talking about the panels along the legs when we said "side panels." I figured out the "cow catchers" (which one of my friend's sons started referring to them to and has stuck) locking with those little grey lights pretty quick.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2007
  20. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Banned

This picture disagrees with you.
    [​IMG]
    From the JPN Image Board.

I'm gonna take the legs apart and fiddle a bit.