Heavy/Scratch: Leader Class Blackout

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by CooljazCustoms, Jan 29, 2011.

1. CooljazCustoms

CooljazCustoms Autocon/Deceptibot

Ebay:
    Leader Class Blackout - Pic Heavy

This is my attempt at a Leader Class Blackout. it still isnt in scale like we would all like a figure to be, but its def a hell of a lot better, at least in my opinion than the Voyager figure we were given. i took the general design from UltraMagnus2008 and his idea here... http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/radicons-customs/253223-blackout-grindor-redux.html ... but did quite a few changes on it to help it stand out as its own figure :) 

all i used to make this was a TFTM LC Megs and a Voyager Blackout(minus the gun, that came from Powerglide.

as of right now, i am considering this a done piece. 2 things i might change...
    1. i might go back over it with some "rust" details to darken up some of the robo parts. my wife likes it like this, so for the time being im gonna leave it to keep her happy LOL.

2. paint the gun. im not 100% that im keeping that gun on there, might swap it out for Jetfires or LC Brawls machine gun.

This figure was my first major bash. i have made a few custom so far including a couple different LC Fallens, and a LC/Supreme Fallen, all which had some work put into them. but this guy by far took the cake! hope you enjoy it and thanks for looking!!

....WIP pics remain as attachments to see some progress of it

OH, this will be going up on EBay around April 20th

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    it is somewhat poseable...
    [​IMG]
    hey there lil buddy :) 
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. darkpsi

darkpsi Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Very nice work. Always wanted to see one of these. Well done!!

3. Optimus-wave

Optimus-wave A.K.A. Omega-Wave

Looking at the alterations i would assume it can't transform anymore. Does it? (by the way, this looks like it's going to be one awesome figure!)

4. CooljazCustoms

Ebay:
    no, no transformation any longer, but i felt that having a nicer looking robo figure of Blackout was worth it!

and thanks, i hope it turns out as well as i want it to lol

5. 12bulkhead

12bulkhead Artist

WHOA! What's with Megatron's head!??!

6. Wikkid

Wikkid Semi-retired customizer

Transformable or not, that totally captures the imposing character that first wrecked havoc in the first movie. Once a suitable (smaller) head is in place, it'll be badass personified.

7. UltraMagnus2008

UltraMagnus2008 Autobot

News Credits:
    Nice work man! Im flatered and honored you used mine as a reference. Good luck with the head!

8. CooljazCustoms

Ebay:
    LOL, im not done with the head yet, that is the last main thing i have to do with it

no doesnt transform unfortunately, wed all ike 1 that could, ive seen 1 or 2 out there, but with what i had laying around, this is all i could come up with :D  still nice to have a taller fig since that Voyager was so damn small lol

of coarse man!!! i was blown away the first time i saw yours!. took me some time to get everything in place, and figure out a few ways to switch it so i wasnt flat out coping yours, but you def put a great figure out there for inspiration!!

hoping to get the time to finish this up within the next week or 2, have a few other customs going on right now its its a bit rough lol

9. legolas grof

legolas grof Cardboard Industries CEO

News Credits:
    that is by far the best leader black out ever; you really should toss the head and use a blackout head

10. CooljazCustoms

Ebay:
    oh, the head doenst look like that anymore lol. that was just on there so it had a head in the pics. ill have to post some updated pics

11. rmac-69

rmac-69 TF HUNTER

Personally, I'm not minding the smaller size of this custom anymore. I'm kinda diggin the Voyager battleblades Prime as well as the deluxe Ironhide and upcoming Ratchet. Voyager fallen is working great as well and if they keep coming out with Cyberverse figures like say Bumblebee, Sideswipe ect.ect. Then we could end up with a line of toys that fit together much better.

So I wouldn't feel any regret it not being bigger and would be happy to have it in my collection. Great job!

12. Robot.MacGyver

Robot.MacGyver Improvisational Engineer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That's really good. If it wasn't for the fact that Megatron's head is there, I would be hard pressed to make out that he's who you used as a base for this guy.
    Great work, I can't wait to see him painted up proper.

13. CooljazCustoms

Ebay:
    just a lit shot of some of the paint that has been added. im going for a nice weathered look, not all nice and pretty :) 

Attached Files:

14. rmac-69

rmac-69 TF HUNTER

I like it! Lets see more.

15. legolas grof

News Credits:
    I'm really excited to see how this guy turns out.:popcorn 

16. CooljazCustoms

Ebay:
    ok, so im almost done with this guy now. the main thing i have left to do is add on the head, which is almost done. besides that, i think im going to add some weathering/rusting effect to the robot pieces, the silver is just a little too bright compared to the weathered effect i did on all the Helicopter parts. also, the blue is a bit lighter than it appears in the pics, i dont know why my phone darkened it up. when its actually 100% complete, ill get nice pics with the Camera posted

Attached Files:

17. legolas grof

News Credits:
    WOW, he looks great love that's turning out

18. legolas grof

News Credits:
    you should give him a little dry painting

19. CooljazCustoms

Ebay:
    ok, first post has been updated with what im considering to be complete pics, at least for the moment.. hope ya enjoy it. as always, comments and constructive criticism is welcome :)  but be nice :D 

20. rmac-69

rmac-69 TF HUNTER

Everything is looking awesome, except for one small detail. Small and detail being the key words. The head needs more detail and could stand to be alittle bigger. Other than that, this so has me wanting to do my own. Love the comparison pic with Voyager Blackout. Really shows how closely they match. Once again, awesome job.