Leader Bumblee?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by rodimus62609, Oct 21, 2009.

1. rodimus62609

rodimus62609 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    When did this get announced? Damnit! Is the Ultimate or HA not enough? We could have gottan a Blackout/Grindor! Oh well, maybe for the third Leader of 2010

2. benzo

benzo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    there isn't going to be a leader bumblebee. the third leader is Jetfire and leader Starscream will be out in 2010.

3. Dran0n

Dran0n miss me w/ that

News Credits:
    Was this announced? I haven't heard of it.

4. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    It hasn't been, but there have been rumours with the name dropped by the same dude who said there'd be a leader Starscream.

You mad?

Not to Hasbro. Why not engineer a new Bumblebee?

No we couldn't. Because Blackout/Grindor is not profitable enough to warrant a Leader. Bumblebee is. That bitch is all the rage.

5. $shockwave$

$shockwave$ Banned

News Credits:
    BB is so far the shiz. You saw what he did to Rampage/Skipjack. He did not have those balls in the first.

6. Optimus Prime

Optimus Prime TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Apparently some credible sources have suggested that a Leader Bumblebee will be released alongside Leader Starscream. I personally think it's lame, since they've put out 2 Ultimate Bumblebees and HA Bumblebee, not to mention the myriad other Bumblebee toys, but of course, Bumblebee is the most popular Transformer character, so I can see how it's a good marketing move.
    I would have liked to see a different character get Leader treatment, too; the oft-mentioned Blackout, The Fallen, Jolt, maybe even Sideswipe, would be more appealing to myself (and collectors), but nothing would be more appealing to kids than yet another Bumblebee.

7. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    While it hasn't been officialy confirmed by Hasbro, it might as well be...

Bumbelbee is going to be the fifth. frenzy_rumble is an EXTREMELY reliable source. I personally have never seen one of his bits of info turn out false, and from what I've heard from other board members who have been on here longer than myself, he's never been wrong.

It'll be interesting to see how complex they make him, and how many gimmicks they give him. Hopefully he's as complex as Leader Prime and Starscream. Which will hopefully influence them into making a new Leader class Megatron for TF3 like they did for Leader Prime in RotF. Hopefully Bay and crew don't decide to change Megatron's design yet again. If he stays the same it'll allow Hasbro the chance to make a new Leader figure for him that's as awesome as Prime and Starscream. Changing his design again will only set them back again.

8. Mechafire

Mechafire Shadow Broker Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    It'll be interesting to see how a Leader Bee will turn out, if the rumors are indeed true.

9. rodimus62609

rodimus62609 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Guess your right about Blackout. And dont get me wrong I love Bumblebee. Just everyone in the Leader SS packaging news was talkin like it was a fact..just curious.

10. Toxicon

Toxicon Banned

News Credits:
    Masterpiece Movie BB? I'll buy it, seeing as it'll probably end up as the definitive version of the character, just as Leader Prime and Starscream are.

11. Waverider

Waverider Supreme Dude

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Bumblebee is a popular character. Hasbro will try to make as much money as they can from it. Personally I think that they should have released a leader class in place of ultimate. And while the movie is still hot, he should have been released this years to ride on the popularity and holiday sales.

12. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    What if Frenzy_Rumble is just hinting at a project in the making that he is doing. After all wasn't he the same dude that is making/made Leader The Fallen?

13. Toxicon

Toxicon Banned

News Credits:
    Yeah, F_R also said that he had the Constructicons before they were revealed. And then was surprised every time we saw new pics. :lol 

14. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    He wouldn't have mentioned Hasbro if it was a project he himself was working on.

I don't remember him ever saying he ever had them, just that he had seen them/got info about them.

15. Toxicon

Toxicon Banned

News Credits:
    See:

16. ghowildseven

ghowildseven SG Decepticon

Alrdy have Ultimate BB, prob will pass on it even if it does get released.

17. netkid

netkid Where's my Goddamn shoe!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I wouldn't be surprised if this turned out to be true, and it does make sense for Hasbro to make a Leader BumbleBee since they know he would $ell very well,

BUT

I wish other characters of more appropriate sizes were given the Leader treatment first.

Some obvious ideas would be:

Blackout
    -which could be repainted into Grindor!
    -robot head can be ripped in half (for Grindor repaint).
    -made to interact with deluxe Skorponok.
    -have large rotor blade weapon.
    -have small tail rotor blade weapon.
    -arm gatling gun.
    -handheld emp cannon.
    -hideaway chest cannon.
    -light up right robot hand (for hacking the data terminal).
    -small data terminal accessory (activates light up hand when picked up by hand).
    -a disappearing holographic driver gimmick -think more of a thin translucent plastic strip with the pilot's image on it that only appears when illuminated by a blue light. That would probably be the best way to not let it get in the way of transformation.
    -sounds include G1-mixed in transformation noise from 1st film (when you transform him), rotor blade sounds (for vehicle), and rotor blade "cutting" sounds (for robot).

The Fallen
    -his staff of power (that could activate his electronics through a sensor).
    -removable "face" piece.
    -matrix of leadership accessory (to make up for a lack of gimmicks).
    -sounds include "Yes, now I claim you SUN!", "Revenge is mine!" & "Only a Prime can defeat me!"

"Forest Battle" (Buster) Optimus Prime
    -with a "Premium & battle-worn" paint job that is detailed but on a "Hasbro level" (not as detailed as Takara's Buster Prime/No Chrome). Has small black "battle-worn" marks (not overdone).
    -his gun (from the 2 gas tanks).
    -Interchangeable "Battle-mask" head (the head from the 1st RotF Leader Optimus).
    -sounds include "You'll never stop at one" & "I'll take you all on!" (robot mode), truck sounds (truck mode).

"Forest Battle" Megatron
    -retooled "Murder-Arm" that has claw "grasping" function & light up cannon (no missile firing).
    -"battle damaged" paint job has a mix of black(damage) & brown(dirt) marks, with some small light green highlights & wash (to represent algae still on him since emerging from the sea).
    -sounds include "Decepticons!" & "You're so weak." (robot mode), cannon blast (tank mode).

One of the Constructicons. Most likely the green dumptruck or red bulldozer.

18. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Did a quick search, and I honestly can't find any instance where F_R claimed to have the Constructicons before they were revealed.

I trust F_R, and if he says there's going to be a Leader class Bumblebee, I believe him.

19. Shadow25

Shadow25 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think it's a dumb move. If this is true, he'd be the first super out of scale Leader we've gotten in the movie line. The Fallen or even Blackout are genuinely BIG characters, so it would make more sense to make them. Besides, why would this be much different from the slightly taller than a leader Ultimate Bumblebee?

Besides, with the ton of BBs out already, why would this particular release warrant a purchase from any consumer, since they probably already have a BB at this point.

20. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Ultimate Bumblebee is riddled with gimmicks that take a tole on, well, the rest of the figure. Where as a Leader Bumblebee, while still having gimmicks, would still be able to have plenty of detail and articulation. Basically it wouldn't suffer from having the majority of it's body filled with gimmick after gimmick.

Personally I think it makes perfect sense. Bumblebee is a big seller for Hasbro, so the more Bumblebee's they can make the better. It can seem like a bit much to us, but the kids are eating them up. I think that if they can make a MP level movie Bumblebee like they did with Leader Prime, that it's worth them not making a physically larger character in the Leader size class. Typically Leaders don't sell, so the more popular characters get made first, as they will sell better. Though there is the occasional oddity. TF1 Brawl was a little out of left field, but still makes sense. He was a major part of the battle in Mission City.