Leader Bulkhead Problem

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by EvaUnit13, Jul 12, 2008.

1. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

Until a few minutes ago, the Headmaster was working okay, but now it won't even if I use a screwdriver to push the peg inside the notch to the right of his head. Can someone take some closeups of the tab there? Thanks

2. MushroomPrime

MushroomPrime ******

News Credits:
    Is there anything wrong with the Headmaster Toy?

3. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

Pretty sure not, I think the button got dislocated and now the tab on the Headmaster doesn't press it

4. MushroomPrime

MushroomPrime ******

News Credits:
    The only solution I can think of is unscrew the toy, fix the button and put it back together.

But it is highly dangerous to the toy.

5. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

Yeah, I'm not gonna take it apart because there are shitloads of wires in there I don't wanna mess with. I learned from Ultimate Bumblebee. Right now I'm trying to maneuver it back into place with a screw, but I can't tell how it's supposed to go so I desperately need pics from anyone who can provide

6. Kingplay

Kingplay Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    good luck fixin it

7. Ashstar

Ashstar Liberator of Toys

News Credits:
    Which part do you need a pic of? I'm at work now but will be able to get some close up shot once I'm back home (that'll be abt another 8-10 hrs btw).

8. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

Agh fuckshitballs

The black piece snapped off, I'm pretty sure the electronics would still work but I can't even reach the fucking thing. I think it was glued to a green peg but it snapped off

Fuck balls, I hate this toy. I didn't even have it for an hour until it broke and it didn't even suffer a major fall(fell over once, that's happened to like every one of my toys but has never broke). The fact that it's ridiculously hard to take apart doesn't help. I'm contemplating of returning it now....

Fuckshitballs

9. Ashstar

Ashstar Liberator of Toys

News Credits:
    I've lost you thereafter... try returning it for a better one and I guess you wouldn't be needing the pics now?

10. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

Thanks for the offer, but it's beyond repair now. I took off the front cover and found that a wire snapped. I guess I'm gonna ask my dad if he can return it, he might be slightly pissed since there were only like 2 left. Can anyone tell me about store's returned items? Do they stay there on the shelves for other people to buy or do they get sent back? I have a pretty guilty conscience when I know someone else suffers because of me

11. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

Fuck this figure has been a roller coaster. I just found out that if I keep the removed wire on the metal connector thing that the button works. Off to try and fix it

12. a person

a person Is not amused.

News Credits:
    :lolol 

13. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Bum luck on him breaking on you.

As for your question about returned figures. If you tell them it is broken, it won't be put back on the shelf.

14. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

I know, he's such a good figure and in less than an hour his awesome gimmick was broken. That was one of the main selling points of this figure for me

If I return him, do I need all the twistie ties on him or just fasten him as good as I can?

15. a person

a person Is not amused.

News Credits:
    You don't need his twistie ties on. It's not like you're gonna see it sitting on the shelf the next time you visit Target ... or maybe you will.

16. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

My Voyager Ops did come in a pretty beat up box with no instructions. Everything works except the Headmaster

17. a person

a person Is not amused.

News Credits:
    Good luck to fixing it anyway man. The worst case scenario is that you will have to exchange it, which is not a huge deal really.

18. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

Oh yeah forgot to update, I just fucking quit. The black box with the button that activates the Headmaster has 2 wires connecting to it, and while trying to fix the one that came off, the other one just came off, too. I called quits and said that it wasn't worth the trouble and superglue on my fingers, so I just left the box and wire in there and closed him back up. He looks the exact same on the outside, save for that there are a few scratches from trying to drive a pin out and the front section won't go back all the way without the head cover locking it htere

19. TENIME_art

TENIME_art Ethically Challenged

Ebay:
    Tell them it's broken, and they won't put it back out on the shelf. Swapping it out for the same thing "just 'cuz" looks weird, otherwise.

And, Jebus, man, I've got a filthy mouth and a homicidal temper, but you gotta watch the language...at least put an asterisk in there to replace a vowel or two...

20. Shark Jumper

Shark Jumper さあ、お前の罪を数えろ

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah try to exchange him, if not send a letter to hasbro, they'll send you a shipping label and send you a replacement Bulkhead after.