Minor/Repaint: Leader Bulkhead Hand Mod

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Peaugh, Aug 21, 2008.

1. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    Cracked it open to take pictures for a fellow member and decided to show it off here. It's the Leader Bulkhead Hand mod:

[att]12309[/att]

Basically, just crack open the forearm, and shave down the plastic so the mechanism fits. Test-fit as you go and you should be fine. The end result looks like this:

[att]12310[/att]

You can see where the plastic's been cut away. It's rough. I did it by hand with an exacto knife, but it's all inside so you don't see it when everything's put back together. Then just make sure the mechanism fits and slides freely and put it all back together!

[att]12311[/att]

Not the most in depth tutorial, but now you can see what's involved in getting it to work. I'll try and take more pics later and update this post.

Attached Files:

2. FallenWarrior10

FallenWarrior10 Crazed clown!

Ah, much better! An improvement over the saw hand. Was the new hand taken from another leader Bulkhead, or was it modified?

3. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    It was from a second Bulkhead, so both hands are of the "grabby" variety. I did the same mod to the other forearm and sold the double-bladed Bulkhead to a fellow board member.

4. plowking

plowking I'm with ErechOveraker. Veteran

News Credits:
    Cool :thumb 

I always wondered how you did that mod.

5. SuperRicko

SuperRicko New Member

I did the same to my Leader Class Bulkhead but instead of modding to fit in the new hand, I exchanged the forearm instead to keep everything intact. It looks great! Both hand still grabs and both saw still spins.

I also returned the Saw Arm to my 2nd loose Bulkhead and made it so like it was possessed by Headmaster (since he can't help but upgrade everything).

6. ORIO

ORIO Team Sentinel Prime Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Buying this guy tonight. finally. But, I take it the saw is molded into the hand? you can't just remove the saw itself?

7. SuperRicko

SuperRicko New Member

You can unscrew the saw out and keep the hand in. Most have done that to their Leader Class Bulkhead.