Lead paint on tfs?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by NemesisBruticus, Nov 20, 2007.

1. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    Hasbro or HTS?

I'd imagine it's just a "sold out" problem... The fact they won't get any more just goes back to the still short supply of figures (shelfwarmers everywhere, but nothing popular ever). There is probably no plan to get more because the time it will take to get more isn't worth waiting.

2. Night Flame

Night Flame TFW2005 Supporter

Awesome. Though I do wonder if final production uses the same paints as the hand-painted prototypes, it's still worth giving a shot. I'm always up for a paint experiment.

And I'm also jotting down the name of that masking tape in my notebook. I like the stuff I've been using, which is also a Japanese import, but it's never too late to try something different.

3. netkid

netkid Where's my Goddamn shoe!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    She said they use the same paint on the mass produced toys. This is so the paint is durable and able to last the roughness of factory assembly, shipping, and store wear. It costs 1 cent for every paint app. on a figure. This answers why on most figures, they try to use as little paint as possible but still not lack any color details. This also is why the plastic parts of figures are molded in the dominant color and not a color that would need a large covering of paint around it.

So those exclusively painted movie figures that we are now getting (like BestBuy voyager Ratchet, voyager Megatron, and Target's voyager "Deep-Space" StarScream) are more expensive to produce. And thus, are sold as limitedly produced exclusives at stores which will not likely mark them down, which means they will sell at full price and make back the money needed to generate a profit.

4. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    Those were Mexican, not Spanish (although the packaging was IN Spanish). Also, wasn't that a few years later? The invasion of Mexican TFs in Europe (unsold stock from Mexico imported through grey channels, not sanctioned by Hasbro in any way whatsoever) happened in late 1989/throughout 1990.

And the importing companies actually had to open the toys' packaging, scratch off the yellow paint (the eyes, mostly) and paint it over in red. Which led to nice effects like these.

I would assume it MIGHT have something to do with the toy being EXTREMELY popular, and thus being out of stock and whatnot. You know, Transformers movie? Toys being hot sellers and all?

Nosiree, must be the lead paint for sure!

5. aussiehippy

aussiehippy Au contraire, Blackadder.

Ebay:
    AGH! Horror movie Prime! Looks gruesome.

6. gabumon

gabumon papertoy designer

News Credits:
    So only repaints for Movie Voy Prime? Speaking of bad paint! I saw a nasty red with white stripe repaint on the web a while ago, now that he has flames I want him to keep em!

7. Night Flame

Night Flame TFW2005 Supporter

Sadly, that's the one that a group of grumbles wanted because it's "MOR GEE WON D00DZ!" Makes the mold look pretty ridiculously plain if you ask me, but more power to the people who wanted it.

8. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Were going to be okay. :D 

9. Paladine

Paladine Well-Known Member

You can only get sick if you eat the paint. So don't eat your toys.

10. Deceptikitty

Deceptikitty all about the hasubandos

nom nom nom..

what?

11. gabumon

News Credits:
    I see that shortages might be due to popularity, but, hey, if I was hasbro I'd kick up production and make some $$$ (That's why I was wondering about lead)

12. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    Well, I assume Hasbro ARE kicking up production to the max.

But first.... er. Just read this. It's a few months old, but still relevant.

13. gabumon

News Credits:
    Thanks for the info, that's an interesting read!