Non-TF: LD Voltron Wing Shield Template (for combiner)

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Autobot00, Jul 7, 2017.

1. Autobot00

Autobot00 Well-Known Member

After binge watching the new Legendary Defender series and being full of giddy school girl love i bought the combining Voltron. After seeing that the wings can easily detach and other people attempting a wing shield i went to work. I have not completed it but i wanted to share my template for anyone wanting to give this a try themselves.

I fabricated a custom piece to hold the wings together as shown below using instamorph. More on that when i post the final product.

As you can see i took a picture of the combined wings and traced it and put it into autocad
    shield trace.png

This is what the template looks like.
    voltron shield template.png

And here is the uncut template taped to a case i bought from Michaels which will serve as my shield. Lines up pretty good i think.
    20170707_075225.jpg

Here are the files if anyone would like to use them.

Printable PDF template. Be sure to print 11x17.
    voltron shield template.pdf

DWG
    voltron shield.dwg

Last edited: Jul 7, 2017
  2. big hank

big hank Resident Slacker-Basher

News Credits:
    That's a great idea and thanks for sharing the file! I reeeaaaally am on the fence with LD Voltron, l love everything about him except the shoulder area. To me the relationship between the head and shoulders is off.

3. Autobot00

Autobot00 Well-Known Member

I was too but I must say aside from the stuff they did wrong it really is an impressive figure. I wish it had chogokin voltron articulation but I'm glad i got it. I wish there were more mods out there.

• Like Like x 1
  4. big hank

big hank Resident Slacker-Basher

News Credits:
    Agreed, l love my Anniversary Voltron. I'm sure the shoulders could be modded