LD Black Cheetor

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by GenZhao, Jan 3, 2009.

1. GenZhao

GenZhao Banned

News Credits:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/TRANSFORMERS-LU...ptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?_trksid=p3286.m20.l1116
    just noticed someones auction for a black LD cheetor was news. I thnik this auction itself is about 1 month old (and probably on for a repeat run) and the black cheetors seem to always be on ebay, there are atleast 2 on ebay now.

I love cheetor and cats, but I think this has to be one of the least sought after LD figures.

Since there is no discussion thread for this news article, I thought I would start one here.

What do you guys think?

2. cobra zartan

cobra zartan Think's He's a Detective.

News Credits:
    At least a year old, I remember I was going to buy it from him and then got it for less than half this price. Same goes for his LD white moon I think I have had 3 of them and the total of those 3 never came close to his asking price, most of these .sg sellers are out to make as much cash as possible, I know MR has had some decent deals from him thou.

3. miasboytoy

miasboytoy Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    lucky draws are pretty common on yahoo japan. maybe on ebay they are rarer. the cheetor ld isnt as rare as other lds. i totally agree with you.

4. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Agreed. I was once offered this guy for $140 shipped from Japan. Sadly, I passed at the time because of my no LD policy for my own collection. Had I known I would develop such an enduring love for Beast Machines, I would have grabbed him.

But yeah, he's up for sale pretty regularly. I'd imagine you could get him for under $200 if you looked around a bit.

5. cobra zartan

News Credits:
    Easily find him for 80-100, he pops up on yahoojp all the time...it seams the less sought after lds are some of my favs :( 

6. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    Not a fan of the mold, would still be good to own to polish off my complete BM collection though.

7. grock35

grock35 Hmmmm...

News Credits:
    deff a nice ld also one of my favs

8. cheetorBWORG

cheetorBWORG Cheetor Fan

News Credits:
    Bleck... Beast Machines.

9. Starscream2008

Starscream2008 Megatron sucks!

I'd rather have the LD Black Fire Convoy or the LD GF Flame Convoy on E-bay right now, but this isn't a bad price for a lucky draw. Hmm...

10. Buzzer-Bot

Buzzer-Bot Kamikaze

Might as well call it Jaguar/Ravage/Shadow Panther exclusive...

11. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Who're you calling a geek?

News Credits:
    Ugh, ugly ugly toy.

12. Might Gaine

Might Gaine The Devil Express

News Credits:
    Yeah, I have no idea why this was front paged...

13. AngusDF

AngusDF Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Isn't that supposed to be Beast Machines Cheetor and not BW Cheetor?

14. Automorpher

Automorpher Autobot Slut!

News Credits:
    Hey! Now I've to call bull on this statement. :thumbdown 

When it comes to "making as much cash as possible," Sellers from ALL nationalities are involved! I'd came across some Non-Singapore Sellers whom are also asking for kidneys for these LD pieces.

Scalping is an international issue man, regardless of race, language or religion.

...Especially so since it's not a new auction. :sly: 

15. cobra zartan

News Credits:
    Talk to them on msn all they go on about is how much money they have and how they are living like kings. They buy from yhjp and mark things up 400% and also take frequant trips to jp.

16. grock35

grock35 Hmmmm...

News Credits:
    yep that's the reason i don't talk to ks on msn anymore

17. Shipley

Shipley No Topic Required

News Credits:
    Quoted for truth. I like seeing out of the ordinary stuff in addition to the news, but this is a kinda older figure, and older auction, and they labeled as Beast Wars when its clearly Beast Machines.

Verdict: Destro either needs to go back to school and learn his TFs, or is possibly on the take for posting an overinflated auction.

18. Malach Ra

Malach Ra TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    the hell with ksg, he is a piece of shit.

19. Automorpher

Automorpher Autobot Slut!

News Credits:
    Here you go. You too, quoted "Them" so its not fair to use the term "Most of these .sg Sellers."

I can easily spot a few good Sellers from Singapore that has utmost integrity in selling so not MOST of these .sg Sellers are out on a scalping purpose.

Of course, I'm not saying that they're not making $$$ but at the very least, NOT MOST/ALL OF THEM are making/scalping 400% off you. ;) 

Some of these Sellers are only making a substantial amount to just cover their business costs & perhaps a little bit more. (Eg: How do you expect Sellers to go overseas then? Swim across the atlantic with the aid of a life buoy?)

Also, let's not forget that Japanese Yen is especially strong in these times so all these contributes to the high costing as well. What about food & accomodation then? Japan is ranked Asia's TOP 5 most expensive place to be in thus everything's expensive. All this aside, do you think Japanese Sellers are gonna sell you a rare TFs at their cost? :sly: 

No offense but now said, do you STILL seriously expect people to buy & sell you a limited model at Wal-Mart/TRU's pricing? If so, probably not in this life. :crazy: 

20. cobra zartan

News Credits:
    Well all of the .sg sellers I know do nothing but brag about how much they make off a single item, never did I say that everyone from .sg is a ripoff and such I know thats not true. Why would I expect things @ cost? Did I say they should make no money and sell everything for what they paid? Nope. I know they have to make a living and selling toys are insane prices is how they do it. Look at ksg's white moon he is selling it for $249, I have had 3 of these in my collection all which I paid 1000yen ea which is roughly around $12usd, I know for a fact he buys and sells on yhjp also which would make it easy for him to obtain one, with this being said he will make roughly $230 + whatever he overcharges on shipping. I don't buy from these guys as most stuff I can get elesewhere for much much cheaper, the scattered item that these people sell id rather be without than support them. Are all .sg sellers crooks? Not at all just a few of em.