Lazy roomate:the sequal

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tarngold, Nov 4, 2006.

1. Tarngold

Tarngold Knight of Braves<br><font COLOR=limegreen>G Stoned

News Credits:
    Ok, first off id like to thank everyone for their support in my last thread about this. Yes i did read your replys. Seems like you have all had some pretty rough experiences(roomate using your bed for sex......ewwww...). i didnt feel like searching for the old thread and this is kind of a different take on things.

See, it turns out its a mental issue, in that he takes pills for a problem he has. He has depression, bouts of un-agravated moodiness and he even told me he has suicidal thoughts. He RARELY comes out of his room(plays World of Warcraft...go figure), and never have i seen him set foot outside the apartment unless we both go together to get groceries. He says he finds it extremely hard to go out and do stuff in the physical sense, but its not because of a physical problem. Its all mental. Hes supposedly going to see a doctor about this, but hes taking like 7 or so pills, and he has me worried sick. He wont even go out to get toilet paper when we run out, or take out the garbage.

I didnt sign up for this when i signed our lease. I am NOT a housekeeper or a babysitter, and i feel like all of his problems are being pushed on me. It hasnt gotten to me yet, im being very patient with him to some degree, but im starting to feel like that wont be for long. :stick: 

2. Blunticon

Blunticon The Oddjob

Well..he may have mental problems but thats no exscuse for laziness or being a disgusting slob. If hes got enough sence to play World of Warcraft and sit on a computer, hes got enought sence to help you out and help himself. He seems like hes not a moron so go figure.

3. QuantumShock

QuantumShock Stay for brunch ?

News Credits:
    Feeling suicidal yet playing WOW at the same time ? I don't get him....

4. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    OK. You know what, TG?
    I have depression. VERY BAD depression.
    I have bouts of moodiness.
    I have suicidal thoughts.
    I am on several different forms of medication at present.
    But that does not make me an asshole. Or lazy. Or a slob.
    Throw this twat out, d00d.

5. Tarngold

News Credits:
    Unfortunately its not that simple Draven. Ive signed a lease that entitles me to a year in this place(till october) unless i were to sublet, and thats near impossible with what id be moving away from. Id have to get someone to move out into another place with or find a cheap enough place and get a better paying job, all before the beginning of the summer(u have to give 3 months notice if ur moving).

Ive confronted him numerous times and he always makes excuses or talks about my contribution, which is a fucking cop-out, or says he knows hes being a dick on some things and reminds me of all the stuff hes going through and never shows any form of improvement later. Maybe its time to get extremely confrontational, and let him know just how i feel, but im worried about it. I mean are there different forms of depression? What if i push him over the edge?

holy crap this all sucks.....

6. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    If his condition's so bad that he's not even able to look after himself, may I suggest that you contact his family. This shouldn't be your responsibility. I think you have been kind enough already :) 

7. rattrap007

rattrap007 Insert witty comment here TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I think most people are a little depressed at times. Me I'm kinda gloomy at times. I may be a little lazy now and then, but I clean up. I keep my room fairly straight. I go out once in a while. Mainly to pick up new DVDs or go on a toy hunt.

I agree throw the twat out. I may lay around a lot and be a bit of a bum, but I get out once in a while with out having to be dragged. Kick him out.

8. alphie

alphie Veteran

News Credits:
    Definitely kick him out. Like Draven and Rattrap said, being depressed and moody does not make you lazy. I've been fighting severe depression for MANY MANY years and there was a time where I was barely functional, but then once I started moving and doing things, it actually made me feel better. Still suffer from mood swings every now and then, who doesn't.

9. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    I agree with what has been said...I have severe depression as well, and there are days that are hard as hell to get through, but I still force myself out of bed and function in the real world. Your roommate's depressio is probably as bad as it is because he doesn't do anything but wallow in misery and doesn't do anything to keep his mind off of it.

10. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Have you had a talk with him about everything? Maybe there's a better solution than just writing him off, maybe, even if you feel it isn't your place, you can help him and the two of you can possibly get on better. I'm not sure, I'm just trying to be positive here.

11. RandomFerret

RandomFerret Fuzzy Forever

News Credits:
    This is an excellent thing to say out loud.

12. Tarngold

News Credits:
    I agree on the being positive sense. I have seen him at his best, and for a time he was helping me out with his parents car a couple times for big loads of grorceries i needed.

I confronted him on the issue, and hes in full agreeance with dividing not only dishes but kitchen space(so i have a spot to make stuff). I told him some things simply cant be ignored and he has provided some kind of assurance that his current temprament is not long term and that he is seeing his psychiatrist this friday, so ill wait it out and see how things go.

Again, ive seen him at his best, so heres hoping he makes a turn around.