Non-TF: Lazharman comic pages 1-16

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by shumworld, Jun 21, 2008.

1. shumworld

shumworld Well-Known Member

So what are you looking at? You’re looking at a book inspired by a fav show of mine, Ultraman. For some years now my friend (Bob) and I have been in a real Ultraman rush watching as many shows as possible. This got us thinking about our childhood memories of what we made when we were kids. I called mine, Laserman and he called his Blasterman. So we wondered… now that we’re older and have a better grasp of story telling, what would our boys look like now? We’ve had so much fun talking about it, that I decided to draw it out.

So here's the New Adventures of Lazharman; I changed the name because I don’t want to be sued. It takes place five years after the stories I made when I was very young; which has been rewritten. I wanted continuity because it makes for great background material and a rich history of the Lazharmen. It’s a return to my childhood, plus I get a kick out of seeing old things become new.

I decided to make it quick and sketchy because with all the things I’m dealing with as well as the time it takes to make a page of decent quality, would take me FOREVER to complete. With those reasons in mind, making it loose and sketchy allows me to keep things productive. Don’t get me wrong, a lot of effort (and a lot of heart I might add) went into this book. So sit back and enjoy the legacy of the Lazharmen.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Writing about these characters brings so many memories. Rachel is a brand new character added to the story. She’s the daughter of Jeannine, a gal who met “The First Lazharman”. When I did Ethan’s story way back, Shelly was a girl who had a crush on him. I never went any further, so I’m happy to have them married with kids.

[​IMG]

The flashback on page 4 is a story that did happen. It was about these evil aliens called the Slimoids and their giant monster Molegar; I am SO creative with names.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

What Ethen is talking is something like how in Power Rangers, Ultraman and Kamen Rider, there's always a new generation replacing the one before. I also wanted there to be only one Lazharman per a generation. So the idea why Ethan must pass his power to another within a short period of time was the only idea I could think of to keep the Lazharman stories down to one. If he keeps using the power he'll become a Lazharman permanently. So he needs to pass it on to continue the Lazhar legacy.

[​IMG]

Keith/NovaLazhar is a fav among my friends when we were kids. The original version was made of blue energy and had a black cape. Within his body he had a living galaxy; stars planets, comets, moons etc. For his updated version I removed the cape and kept the galaxy idea that resides within his body.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I love telling a story with out words. A flashback on the crash.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Introducing Dr. Photon and Memphis. I’m pretty happy with how these two guys turned out. This Lazharman comic is a to a degree a sequel to some really old crap I made when I was like a kid. Dr. Photon and Memphis were super heroes from them old comics. So I figured I bring them over to the comic and make non-superhero versions of them.

For no reason I made Dr. Photon gain a lot of weight and had loose almost all of this hair. I always wanted to draw the crazy mad scientist character. In the old stories he’s like my Ironman/Mr. Fantastic character.

[​IMG]

As for Memphis, I tried my best to add as many details as I could. Like the fact that he dressed in black and white, smokes a cigar, carries a lance, thunder bolts etc.. Memphis is a direct bootleg to a small time Spiderman villain Cardiac. Memphis is an android who fights with a lightning lance.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Specail thanks goes to Ursa Magnus for editing..