lay down...

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by eyeballkid, Sep 2, 2006.

1. eyeballkid

eyeballkid Old

I cruise lots of websites....why are you guys accepting the movie for what it is....

I have read all the excuses...and they are good....including the comics, tv, the movie, the toys...guess what...Bay has no idea about any of that stuff...he is making a movie he wants too...and we are laying down.... yes, bay.... that is good..more please...You guys actually WANT.... MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE part 2: transformers?

2. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Your avatar and subtitle has been especially well-chosen lately. ;) 

3. Prime crotch

Prime crotch Well-Known Member

I liked Masters of Universe hell most of the MOTU fandom enjoyed the movie and guess what there was a Masters of Universe 2 it was that cool Van Damme movie Cyborg so yeah I wouldn't mind a Master of Universe part 2:Transformers.

4. QuantumShock

QuantumShock Stay for brunch ?

News Credits:
    It's damn cool to see optimus prime thrust a sword into the air and yell "I hav t3h powar !!!!!!!111111oneoneoneunouynouno"

5. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    I dont understand any of your posts, eyeballkid. masters of the universe 2? what, is this movie gonna have Dolph Lundgren running around half-naked and chained up through a good portion of it? because thats what the masters of the universe movie was, and having read the earliest draft of the script and keeping up on the details for a very long time, thats not what this movie is.

I like the designs. I'm not wild about bumblebee and starscreams heads, but I still like the designs. I liked the script too. it had some corny/stupid bits, but every movie does. and hell, that wasnt even a final script.

6. eyeballkid

eyeballkid Old

The only recognizable charaters in the M.O.T.U. movie are he-man and skeletor. Bay got half as far as that for this movie...

7. Lazerbeak

Lazerbeak Keronian Ambassador

You say Bay's making the movie the way he wants to? Good, I think he's doing a crackerjack job.

Now, if I may be so blunt, kindly stop shoving your opinions down our throats. You don't like the movie? Fine, that's your prerogative, but don't act like you're speaking for everyone when you're obviously not.

If we're "laying down", then it means we're either (a) genuinely satisfied with how the movie's going, or (b) gifted with common sense and fully aware that no amount of bitching will accomplish anything at this point in production.

8. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    You do not speak for me. Please stop trying to.

9. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

Blah, I can't wait for this movie to actually come out so people have something to really bitch about or praise.

10. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Since when does not loading the frontpage up with opinionated groupthink count as "laying down"??

Seriously, speaking on behalf of people goes nowhere.

And Skeletor was -nothing- like the cartoon version in the MOTU movie. -NOTHING-.

11. Spartan-117

Spartan-117 Well-Known Member

All of a sudden I hate the movie and Transformers in general. I like some designs, I dislike others and I think the script would make a pretty good introduction movie and will hopefully make enough money for a few sequels. Well I used too anyway.
    Now I'm pretty much disgusted and fed up with a lot of people. What's wrong with constructive criticism or praise and level headed discussion? Why do people feel the need to personally attack the people involved with this movie? Why do other people feel the need to suck right up their asses? It's nonsense like this that's turned me right off the movie and Transformers in general and I'm getting pretty close to packing it in all together. Goddammit.

12. Seth Buzzard

Seth Buzzard R.I.P. Buzzbeak Content Contributor

News Credits:
    They are shooting the movie right now. They have been building full sizes models of the bots and have filmed them for the movie already. To me it seems like it’s to late to do anything about the way the bots are going to look at this point.

13. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

A lot of us here treat this board as an actual community. Unlike on some other sites where maybe they're content to merely be a dumping ground for people's annonymous knee-jerk opinions, many of us get tired of movie controversy and bullshit clogging up the boards every single day--especially those of us with experience enough to know that all of this will blow over and eventually not matter at all anyway. That's probably part of why we've got a separate forum here to siphon some of that crap off. Crap like this thread. If you want a board with a different attitiude where everyone's opinion about the movie matches yours and everybody bitches and screams in unison, then go find another board.

14. Tfgraveyard

Tfgraveyard Not a Fan of the Fans

News Credits:
    Very well said!

15. Shaun_C

Shaun_C The REAL One True fan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

Wow

That's a pretty harsh and glib way of thinking eyeballkid

Why is it so hard to imagine that some people just like the way things are shaping up?

People have differing tastes in all things in this fandom.Some are just in it for the toys.Some just for the comics or cartoon.And some like me are eclectic and enjoy the many fruits of the tree which is Transformers.

As such some people like the designs,some dislike them and some disliked them but are now starting to like them.And from the sound of your original post you make it sound like there's something mentally wrong with those who like the designs (I'm one of them as a matter of fact)

In fact maybe if you took the effort to get to understand what people like about the designs or the direction the movie's taking.You'd get along with the community easier.But instead of doing that you choose to make harsh generalizations about people who's opinions differ from your's :( 

And just because you don't agree with the reasons doesn't make them anymore valid.

Whether in real life or on a message board,it doesn't feel good to be on the recieving end of something like that.How'd you feel if someone did that to you?

16. swarlock

swarlock Autobot Supporter

I can only voice MY thoughts.

No.

17. PopCulturePooka

PopCulturePooka Longest running avatar

That was uncalled for regardless of your opinion. -2005 Staff

18. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    awesome post, pooka.

19. Trypitcon

Trypitcon No, I can't spell.

yeah exactly.

20. Rodimus Prime

Rodimus Prime Sola Gratia, Sola Fide TFW2005 Supporter

Indeed. I feel myself becoming less and less interested in TFs as a whole as the drama bomb that is this movie continues. Hell, this movie may end up killing off a good portion of the older fanbase, not due to the movie itself, but due to the stupidity that orbits it like a series of moons or planetary ring.