Lawson Metallic Movie BB

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by soundwaveCA, Sep 2, 2007.

1. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    Anybody have this guy? I have an opportunity to get one at a decent price and the sellers throwing in a freebie Japanese 08 BB as well so I just wanted some opinions on him as it's mighty tempting. I like the 78 BB ok enough but the metallic version really caught my eye and looks bloody amazing from the pic's I've seen, really a huge boost paint wise.

So for those that actually have him what do you think of it? Is he as good as he looks?

2. Jarodimus

Jarodimus the guy with that scan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I got one about two weeks ago from the Taiwan eBay seller that apparently got several. I paid US$88 shipped -- never would've thought I'd do so for a Deluxe-sized toy, especially one for which I already have the mold.

But y'know what? I'd do it again.

It's even more gorgeous in person than in the online pics. The gold looks amazing, and the transparent blue provides a nice contrast.

On mine, the hood/chest Automorph is rather hair-trigger in car mode -- at least moreso than my U.S. regular version. But it is NOT "defective" and WILL stay put.

I'd be happy to take some pics, but I'm sure I can't come near Remy's. If you want a specific comparison or something, though, just say so.

If I may be so nosy, what's the asking price for this two-fer deal?

3. Sidecutter

Sidecutter Evil Dealer Scum TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I second Jarodimus. A friend got this for me while he was in Japan and it is GORGEOUS. Absolutely beautiful metallic finish. Very rich gold color, very high-gloss sheen to it. This is far and away about the most impressive metallic repaint yet.

4. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    Awesome that's all I needed to know :D 

Again I only ask as he looks reeeealy nice just want to make sure it looks as good in person as the pic's of him make it out because he looks really good and it's been staring me in the face for a wile now.

$100 plus shipping which also includes the Japanese 08 BB.

5. Hi Q

Hi Q I don't want a user title

News Credits:
    Pictures don't do him justice. I just can't decide in which mode to display him.

6. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    Sorry for bumping up an old thread but........

Been playing around with this guy all week photoshooting him for the gallery, kick ass toy, love it. Just wanted to ask fellow owners of this guy if they have had any paint chipping/damage issues of any kind?

Just wanted to ask as I've been playing around with him quite a bit and just want to make sure about his durability and if he has any issues in this respect as I really like playing and posing this toy. On the flip side it's also to beautiful (and expensive) a toy to risk the damaged if he has a track record.

7. ShortCircuit

ShortCircuit Decepticon

I dont own it but dang it looks cool, and tempting.