Lauren Shuler Donner talks "X4&5", "Deadpool", & "The Wolverine"

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by RebelMan, Mar 28, 2011.

1. RebelMan

RebelMan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    "X-Men: First Class" Producer Lauren Shuler Donner recently talked to Empire Magazine about X-Men 4&5, Deadpool, and The Wolverine.

She says "X4" is in 'active development at Fox.' "We took the treatment to Fox and they love it... And X4 leads into X5."

On Deadpool, she says the film will be "a total reboot. We're either going to pretend that didn't happen, or mock it, which he could do. We're looking for a director, yes. He's very involved, Ryan. He's working with the writers on the screenplay and it is as much as it is ours."

She confirmed that this would be the Deadpool of the comics. "I'm tellin' ya, it's true to the comic. You'll see all of them. You'll see Wade Wilson, the good-looking Ryan Reynolds! You'll see Deadpool in his costume and you'll see the cancer-scarred face."

Donner also mentioned that Hugh Jackman's The Wolverine "will have depth and a dramatic backbone. And yet there's more action in this one than in any one we've ever done. It's such a good script. We have the great Christopher McQuarrie writing and it's very true to the Japanese saga. This is Logan on his own..."

2. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    All you have to do is have Deadpool watching XMO: Wolverine on DVD or something. Have him say "That ass looks nothing like me", snap the DVD in half, role opening credits.

3. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The Deadpool movie might suck, but it's Deadpool. Therefore:

:bay 

4. Jadryx

Jadryx Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I like that idea!

5. Erector

Erector I ruined the Hall of Fame

News Credits:
    Can't wait. It can't be as bad as the first big-screen Deadpool outing :lol 

6. Trenner Dios

Trenner Dios Humility > Huge Ego

I'd be down with that.

I'm going to enjoy the hell out of X4 and X5, if for no other reason than just to annoy everyone that will hate them.

Unless they really suck.

Like Rebecca Black suck.

7. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

i just want my x23 movie with Chloe Moretz; is that so hard to ask for? :lol 

8. Hiraga

Hiraga BILL BILL BILL BILL BILL

News Credits:
    The Deadpool script already takes care of the 'Barakapool' in a funny, yet suprisingly tasteful way.

A figure of Barakapool is sitting on a desk in Deadpool's room. In a voice over, Deadpool says "A little piece of me curled up and died the day this came out". We then find out that Deadpool is not referring to the figure, but a Wham! album. Deadpool throws the album, it knocks the figure over, and they both go in the trash.

If Fox's movie follows through with the script, it might just redeem all the wrongs they have done to Marvel before.

9. KnightHawkke

KnightHawkke A Man, Who Does Not Exist. TFW2005 Supporter

Total Win!

so long as brett crapner goes no where near any of them, I will give them all a shot.