Laura Bush @ My high school's graduation

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jorod74, May 30, 2008.

1. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    this isn't a political post by any means, okay mods?

She stopped down here in Enterprise last night and gave a commencement speech to this year's class after the tornado wiped out the high school and the adjacent elementary school last year.

My mother and my neices were caught in that awful disaster- my mom worked triage with doctors and nurses all day after that- and i feel blessed that they survived. and the kids that didn't, i can only say that we are still empty from their loss.

8 students died and for the second year, at our graduation, we have had a row of empty seats for them.
    but i am glad that someone came down, publicly said we are an inspiration- they, the 2007, 2008 and 2009 classes are an inspiration- and a fine example of how to survive and not live in defeat a day longer than we have to.

The picture below is the only piece of the high school that was salvaged. it was a tile wildcat my 11th grade teacher installed her senior year there. we had a ritual for seniors- if a senior caught an underclassman walking on it, we made the kid scrub it with a toothbrush and water.
    some things should be remembered.

[​IMG]

2. Cobalt Agent

Cobalt Agent My dick kills dinosaurs

Well that was nice of her. Sorry to hear about that tragedy, though.

3. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I couldn't agree more.

I'm just not sure any ritual involving toothbrushes should be one of those things.

4. Lance Halberd

Lance Halberd oh hai

News Credits:
    *note to self: at botcon 09, hide toothbrush from squirrelcar*

5. Jeremy.B

Jeremy.B Formerly Leader Blackout TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Yeah that was messed up. When we had the AAFL draft, we had the cheerleaders from Enterprise as our CL, rather than a professional team like the other teams.

I am glad that people are remembering, that was an awful tragedy. I lived in Dothan for a while, and I know how tight-knit a lot of these smaller communities are.