Late in the game

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Weirdwolf, Sep 1, 2007.

1. Weirdwolf

Weirdwolf TFYLP Podcast Founder TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    This is kind of sad to admit, but I just last night picked up Gears of War for the 360. I've seen the game, heard people raving about it, and been wanting it for some time, but for whatever reason just never picked it up.

I also recently picked up Halo (PC version) and played it for the first time. What a great game, it almost makes me wish I had gotten in on the fun when it was in its prime. This also got me to thinking. What other games have you ever gotten into "late in the game" as I have done recently? Games that, for whatever reason, you just never got or played until long after it was considered "old".

2. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Veteran

You're not too late to get in to Halo 3.

25 days :3

3. Weirdwolf

Weirdwolf TFYLP Podcast Founder TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Oh I fully intend to. The screen shots and hype for this game have got me extremely interested in playing it, and is one of the reasons I went ahead and picked up Halo for the PC. It was cheap (about $19) and would help me get accustomed to the game's style and story. Plus, it's a cool-assed game to have on PC. ;) 

4. ABH1979

ABH1979 Veteran

I just bought Gears when I got my 360 which was the day of the price-cut. I only have Gears, Tenchu, and Burnout, but I love all three games. Since I was never a Halo fan-boy (didn't own an xbox before), I find it hard to believe that that series of games is actually better than GoW. I'm sure I'll find out if/when I get Halo 3.

5. seven

seven RIP Poopers 4-1993/5-2008

I completley avoided MGS3 for months regardless of reviews because I wasn't so trusting after MGS2. Same thing with RE4, I loved RE2 and Code Veronica was cool but I was getting a bit tired of the similar playing games.

6. Katamari Prime

Katamari Prime Hassan Chop!

I did something similar with Tomb Raider: Legend. But since it was only $10, is was easy.

7. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Banned

Back when Zelda Wind Waker came out, I preordered so I could get the bonus Ocarina of Time disc then for whatever reason never picked up Wind Waker. About 2 years later I picked it up used from a Blockbuster for $20.

8. Dirge121

Dirge121 I'll be your end of days

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Metroid Prime, I picked it up today for £4 to see if I liked it (what with the Wii Metroid coming out soon).

Im on the first area and loving it. Its awesome.