Late Hasbro QNA Answers

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Tony_Bacala, Jan 5, 2009.

1. Tony_Bacala

Tony_Bacala Car Robots Professional Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    These are some second string questions that got answered for the Toyark. Apparently, our TFW2005 first string questions got lost some how, and were never returned this round. We were waiting hoping it would get fixed. Then, holidays, then blah blah. So, anyway, here are the answers from the December QNA with Hasbro.

Question: Are there any plans to release the Mickey Mouse Transformer in the US? If so, would he be in the Optimus Prime color scheme or something closer to Mickey's standard colors?

There are no plans to release TakaraTomy's Mickey Mouse toy outside of Japan.

Question: With the difficulty that some people have had finding store exclusives, due to that stores distribution, have you considered carrying that it simultaneously through HTS or offering it through HTS at a later date?

This had been briefly discussed, but technically HTS is a retailer and therefore would not truly be a retailer exclusive. But we hear you and continue to look for ways to get these exclusives out to you in a better way.

Question: Will we see any more new Mini-cons (or Micromasters) for the 25th. Anniversary, or will the Jolt that is coming with Hot Shot be the only one?

Very good question. As we might have mentioned before, we saw the 25th Anniversary as being a celebration of all the different eras of the brand. Since we have 25 years to celebrate and many different eras, it became difficult to do multiple iterations of some of the same eras. So while there won't be any other mini-cons in the 25th Anniversary Universe line, this certainly does not mean that we won't try to find ways to incorporate more of them in the future.

Question: When the movie toys of '07 were so overwhelmingly successful, retailers went back to you and said, "We want MORE!" Was this a bit of a surprise, or did the TF team have a contingency plan in place with ideas for extending the line with exclusives and repaints if there was a need?

While we always plan a line for success, we have been amazed by the longevity of the 1st movie line. With this in mind, we are excited about the prospects of Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen and are planning accordingly.

Question: Can we expect more brand-new characters in 2009 lines instead of more "homage" characters?

Since 2009 will be the 25th Anniversary, we feel that paying tribute to where our brand has been over the past 25 years is a remarkable milestone to mark . We feel that this was an appropriate way to kick off 2009 as Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen will hit screens in the early summer. Similar to the first movie, there are likely to be new characters and interpretations of characters introduced in the new movie so keep posted for more info as we get closer to the movie's release!

2. Moroni Prime

Moroni Prime #TFYLP Podcast

News Credits:
    wow, it's about time I'd say.

3. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    All good answers. A lot to look forward to.

4. Skylock

Skylock Rogue

News Credits:
    New characters in the movie, I like the sound of this.

5. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Yay! they sorta kinda eventually showed up off the bottom of someone's boot! ;) 

No big revelations there, but that's not a big deal or anything. It's kinda easy to get hyped up for something when forced to wait.

6. Powersa

Powersa Car Robots

News Credits:
    good Q&A. that's what I thought about exclusives.

7. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well, better late then never I always say. Shame the 'original' questions got lost over the holidays or whatever, but these second stringers are all interesting. Nothing revealing in any deep way, but I can't say I expect them to give us a whole lot of info on upcoming stuff for this year given that the movie is now six months away. :) 

8. Transfan2

Transfan2 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Those are some good answers and I am glad that we had back-up questions especially with the original choices gone (better safe then sorry).

To quote the saying: "Better Late Then Never" so thanks for getting those Answers.

-TF2

9. Beastbot X

Beastbot X The Toad Knows.

News Credits:
    Darn, I was really hoping they'd answer my "Where's Backtrack/Gunbarrel/Reverb?" question. I really want to know the answer to that one.

10. neospark1

neospark1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    And again nothing about quality control. Sigh.

11. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Better late than never, though nothing really all that exciting. Here's looking forward to the next round.

Last I knew, they've already answered questions about QC.

12. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    these arent our questions, are they? these are Toyarks, right? so ours could still be answered, even if it is a bit late

why not resubmit our questions?

13. AnimatedFan

AnimatedFan Banned

That's good and bad at the same time. On one hand, that means "Yay! No shortage!". On the other hand, that means "OMG! It's been a year since the movie and there's no new Classics or Animated figures! I hate this friggin' movie line and it's ugly robots!"

It's worth the price, however. Especially if all of the main figures are half as awesome as Mech Alive Optimus. (That thing is rock your face off awesome.)

14. omega ranger

omega ranger Well-Known Member

As a lover of Mini-Cons, I am glad they are looking into ways to incorporate them into the future. Despite their lack of storyline, I love the little buggers.

15. Omega Charge

Omega Charge Prepare for trouble...

News Credits:
    It's awesome that they're aiming higher for the Movie line. I only wish I was made of money.

16. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    I think reading between the lines anything that is not Movie or Animated is going to be rather thin on the ground.

As for saying they are going to do more minicons - they may just mean the single carded toys that repack the Minicon 12 pack.

I'd like to see more Universe toys come out in 2009 - and if they have to be repaints so be it - but there's somethings I'd love to see with new heads or completely redesigned.

It's funny really as I think lots of members of the general public couldn't see any difference between Transformers Universe & Movie toys to them they were just more Transformers on a red card or a red box.

They got easily muddled to the causal eye. sort of like how Star Wars Transformers can be lost in the middle of other Star Wars toys as they share the same general Packaging look.

17. Soundwave84

Soundwave84 Banned

News Credits:
    good answers i hope they do alot with this 25th anniversary line

18. Gadep

Gadep Banned

News Credits:
    damn straight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

19. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    I'm sorry but, weeeeeaaaaaak.

20. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Is there any way we can find out what the "first string" questions were going to be, regardless of whether they ever get answered, or would that break some kind of agreement?