last video game beaten and your rating out of 10.

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by bignick1693, May 26, 2010.

1. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking The world has moved on...we've always said.

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Dragon Age: Inquisition 8/10

Beat it as a human male warrior on "normal" difficulty. Romanced Josephine (kinda weak payoff).

Fantastic amount of content. Overpowered for the final boss fight which left it somewhat anti-climactic. Dragon fights are where it's really at, although the fighting pattern could be a little bit for varied from dragon to dragon.

2. Kimmer

Kimmer Well-Known Member

TF's Devastation- 8/10

Great nostalgia factor for a G1-er like me. Game is gorgeous and boss fights were cool. Wish the combat system was more diverse and the game was longer. All in all a fun playthrough and hope they make a sequel.

3. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    Oh, have you got the Trespasser DLC? Because while I too found Corypheus to be a tad anticlimactic (in terms of game difficulty, narrative-wise I found it satisfying) the enemies in that DLC were tearing me so many new butt-holes I loaded a save before I started that DLC so I could go and do every other side mission possible to get some more levels in me.

And for human males, honestly the best romance option (on the ladies side anyway) is honestly Cassandra. Oh you gorgeous, romantic, dragon-slaying badass you :p 

4. SHINOBI03

SHINOBI03 Well-Known Member

And this is how I spent my birthday
    [​IMG]

9/10. Hands down, best game of the franchise until we see how REmake 2 fares.

I had one eventful year. Yep, I've been going through the main Resident Evil games that I've missed for a year now. This has been a long run, and now it comes to an end until RE7 or when I decide to play the good spinoff games.

Now for recap, here's my best/favorite RE games list in order:

01- Resident Evil Remake
    02- Resident Evil 2
    03- Resident Evil Revelations 2
    04- Resident Evil 3: Nemesis
    05- Resident Evil Zero
    06- Resident Evil
    07- Resident Evil Revelations
    08- Resident Evil 4
    09- Resident Evil: Code Veronica X
    10- Resident Evil 5
    11- Resident Evil 6

Now... I need a break from Resident Evil... October is still fresh and I have two other games to play: Until Dawn and Project Zero: Maiden in Black Water. Along with my horror marathon.

5. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking The world has moved on...we've always said.

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    I haven't tried any of the DLC yet. At $15 a pop and my son's birthday in a week, it might be awhile before I do.

6. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    Well fair enough. I tell you what, it was so dumb, the Game of the Year edition went on sale on Origin and it was cheaper for me to buy that since it included all the DLC than it did to buy the DLC separately :p .

But yeah, save some pennies, and grab the Jaws of Hakkon, The Decent and Tresspasser. Great fun.

• Like Like x 1
  7. SHINOBI03

Until Dawn:
    Played it in one setting. It was a nice B Horror movie setting and I did like how the plot went... until "you know what" showed up.

Yeah, I didn't like the Wendigo plot element being thrown at the last minute. Not only it had a zero build up through the entirety of the game, but it also broke the realism the game had until that point. What I would do, is keep Josh's pranks while also throw a real killer targeting the characters, I want to say Hannah, but I think a different character might've worked instead of the Wendigo.

Some annoying game mechanics like the lack of a map system in this large game, the dropped framerate (though I assume it's just only me?), the slow moving characters, the slow moving characters, the motion controls being too sensitive, and the QTEs are too quick and too sudden.

But when I ignore all these issues, I did like what I liked. I liked the narrative and the multitude of choices, I loved the investigation and learning about the history of the place and people.

Sadly my plan to save everyone did not work due to wrong choices or QTEs got wrong and ended up with three survivors. It's not a long game, but it got its replayability and I will play it again and try to achieve the ending that I want.

8/10

8. cyberpredicus

cyberpredicus Well-Known Member

The last game I completed is Tomb Raider The Definitive Edition. I give it a 10/10

9. shogun221

shogun221 timewaster extraordinaire

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ratchet and Clank (PS4): 7/10

Gameplay is solid and the weapons are all unique and fun to use. It's absolutely one of the most beautiful games I've ever played, to the point where the graphics truly elevate the experience.

On the other hand, the story and writing are a bit limp and it's not particularly long. I was able to nab all the gold bolts and Ryno cards on the first play through. Ended up short a few card packs and raritanium shards that appeared during segments of the game where you have only one opportunity to collect them. HATE that. The (optional) Ryno weapon tips the scales of the final boss battle in your favor to an absurd degree, taking it from "moderately challenging" to "press x to win." Have to admit it made the whole climax kinda....anticlimactic.

Still, it's a decent entry in a genre that doesn't get much love nowadays. Very much worth the $20 admission.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2016
  10. marvel b

marvel b Bearer of the Matrix of Smash

News Credits:
    dragon ball xenoverse 2: 9.5/10

a vast improvement from the first one in almost every manner! i never was bored going through the story, side quests are a plenty, and the story itself is amazing! the reason i didn't give it a 10/10 is because i felt the story mode needed a bit more.......it went too fast. along with that, the MANY typos in the game, and the inability to change conton city's BGM in game, but only on the title screen. a very great game though!

11. Primal1987

Primal1987 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare - 8.5/10

Great campaign mode. Was quite taken with the bombastic story and likable characters. The various set pieces and side missions were also a lot of fun. The ending could feel a bit rushed, and there was a multitude of dramatic moments at the end that I got desensitized to by the fourth time the narrative pulled something, but all in all, this was a big improvement to Infinity Ward's Ghosts, which was fun, but had a rubbish story.

12. AMG

AMG Old School

Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare - 8.5/10 - Very enjoyable campaign overall. Enjoyed the optional side missions, it had some very good characters and I loved the Mass Effect vibe.

Call of Duty 4: MW remastered - 9.5/10 - Same great campaign with a nice facelift.

13. Boulder

Boulder Rock Lord

I'll echo that sentiment.

For me, Ultimate NES Remix (3DS) - 10/10. This is my favorite mini-game compilation ever. A must play for NES fans. (And I surprisingly found myself enjoying Balloon Fight.)

14. Puck Hockey

Puck Hockey Well-Known Member

Replayed both Ico and Shadow of the Colossus for the first time in years and they are still fucking amazing.

any day now Last Guardian i'm ready baby
    [​IMG]

15. marvel b

marvel b Bearer of the Matrix of Smash

News Credits:
    pokemon sun- 9.9/10

best and favorite pokemon game i've ever played. i felt all sorts of emotions that i never thought a pokemon game could bring out. the story feels a bit plain for the first three islands, but it picks up unbelievably afterwards. a few pokemon are just a pain to get, and others i didn't even know existed. all the characters are full of life, and the game does have its share of very dark moments.

if you ever played a pokemon game, or wanted to get into it. THIS IS THE GAME!

16. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    Pokémon Sun
    9/10
    I entered this generation thinking so far this is just okey. As of now I think it's my 3rd favorite game in the series behind gen 2 & 1.
    This game got rid of some big issues that is great but added some new ones along the way.
    For the improvements
    The story, best in the series. For the first time in the series you really feel like you are on an adventure with your friends. The legendary is an actual character and not a trophy. The evil team in the game isn't the usual capture legendary rule the world.
    Rideable Pokémon. No more hm slaves! I tried to play a no water and flying type play through in White recently and it was a pain going back to the poke center to move forward. Now it's press Y and you're done.
    The map or should I say maps. The world feels like a living breathing place. It's not just small cities and routes with a gauntlet of battlers. The map for the generation feels like 4 small maps.
    The Pokémon this generation going in I felt like average but some grew to become some of my favorite in recent years.

The bad
    Sos battles can be annoying early on in the game
    Dig lost is ability to get you out of a cave
    Not much water travel and fishing sucks in this game
    At times the difficulty was unbalanced and going to new islands bring a huge level spike.

17. Arale

Arale Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Final Fantasy XV, great characters....But you level up too quickly. 7/10

18. PcPrime23

PcPrime23 501st Legion Trooper

News Credits:
    Pokemon Sun - 9/10

I really enjoyed this. I thought I'd I hate the removal of gyms but the trials were very enjoyable! I also love how you can finally
    "defend" your champion title.

19. Puck Hockey

Puck Hockey Well-Known Member

The Last of Us
    Literally The Walking Dead but with ladders.

The Last Guardian
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]wow look at this shit this is what it looks like in game it's like a painting in motion!!

It's the worst of the three but it's still good. Solid platforming/puzzle action adventure with some very magical, unforgettable moments. Art direction is gorgeous, the animations and Trico are very charming, and I had a lot of fun with it overall. Framerate on a slim PS4 was inconsistent depending on the location but overall better than Colossus on PS2.

The complaints about the controls and camera don't make sense to me, it plays just fine, but I can understand people pulling their hair out from Trico being unresponsive to commands. That will make or break the game for some.

20. SHINOBI03

Project Zero: Maiden of Black Water (WiiU):
    I FINALLY finished this. It was a great horror story and another proof that Japan knows how to write their horror story and know what makes them scary. What the game suffered from was the gameplay. The controls were stiff and a little unresponsive and the ghosts take a long time to beat it makes tired quickly, and that's why it took me this long to beat. The long and tiring battles makes me exhausted and not wanting to play for too long.

Is it worth the play? Sure. If you're fan of the series or love horror games, I say play it if you can have it. Sadly the game play was a bit weaker than I thought it would.

7/10