last video game beaten and your rating out of 10.

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by bignick1693, May 26, 2010.

1. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Banned

I beat God of War today, though, it didn't feel like it was an ending since there was no actual final boss to fight at the end. The reveal of who Atreus is was pretty awesome though. Surprisingly though, despite having completed the story, I only have 42% of the trophies, what the hell? Honestly though, I'm not sure if I can bring myself to do them all as the trials in Musphihelm and Nifhelm are quite boring and/or frustrating without being fun. I will go after the last dragon and attempt to take out the remaining 4 Valkyries I have to do though once I find them. Overall, it was a good game hindered by too many half baked ideas, which ultimately knocks it down to being the weakest for the four main entires into the series. Better than the PSP games, but they have a lot to work on for the no brainer sequel they are making. I just hope they fully flesh out their ideas this time as I feel like the game was rushed to the market. I give it a 7/10.

• Like Like x 1
  2. inturnmike

inturnmike Well-Known Member

I have achieved something I never thought I would.. I beat METROID (original NES) last night for the first time ever, lol. I know I know.. it has been around since 1986.. But when this came out, I did not own the NES and I only played it on my friends' until I finally got one. And I never got this game. And it was amazing how easily you get lost in that game, lol. I beat Super Metroid way before this! Anyway, the last lair is a pain in the butt. The first time I got to Mother Brian, i had FULL everything, and i got knocked into teh lava in front of her and could never get back out.. was PISSED!!! Spent like 20 minutes to power up again after continuing... and got stuck in lava while metroids had latched on to me.. But, I finally did it. I would say this is a 7/10, due to no map and the difficulty.

3. UndertakerPrime

UndertakerPrime What's mine is mine, and what's yours is mine too!

Yeah, I know what you mean, just with a different game.
    I could not finish the original Castlevania no matter how much I played it. The Grim Reaper at the end of the 5th stage would always destroy me. I got so frustrated I sold the game.

A few years later, after finishing Castlevania 3 and loving it, I found a used copy of CV at a game store for cheap. I beat that f***er in one day. Being older, wiser, and more experienced with games can have its benefits :D 

4. Imaninja

Imaninja Member

PUBG and other type game like Path of Exile.
    I love PoE and developers for frequent updates.

5. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Banned

Platinumed God of War today. I don't know why, but having to complete stuff after the story is over just feels underwhelming. There should have been one more boss fight or something for getting 100% completion.

6. Scrapper6

Scrapper6 Lord of Constructicons

Castlevania Lament of Innocence: This was a fun game, and the first 3D game I've played since Castlevania 64... Not a bad title, but I will say this, whipping onto rails and posts in 3D to get to higher platforms is a massively annoying finicky bit of coding that makes it really frustrating with the trial and error element. Boss Battles aren't too terrible, but some of the difficulty curves can be infuriating when you aren't sure where you're going. And unlike the 2D games, there are a lot of empty rooms, which makes the fighting seem to be rather tamer compared to some of the precision platformers of the early Castlevania era.

I'd give it a 7.5 out of 10, the story and the game itself aren't terrible, but some of the issues with the whip and the utter repetitiveness of the rooms with so many empty corridors makes the game a bit tedious, especially with the backtracking element. On top of that there is no stat leveling in this game, seriously you give us stats and no real way to increase them because there's no experience in this game. A far cry from the likes of Symphony of the Night.

7. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Banned

I really liked LoI, especially its music and design layout.

8. Scrapper6

Scrapper6 Lord of Constructicons

Yeah, music wasn't bad and the cgi models looked great, but after thirty attempts in a row that whipping up onto higher platforms was a bitch compared to the seamlessness of 2d style whipping. A dedicated targeting reticle would have made that play feature way better.

9. inturnmike

inturnmike Well-Known Member

I finally (after 18 years???) beat Zelda: Majora's Mask for N64 last night... I tried it way back when and didn't understand/hated the time concept of it. Plus I always hated n64 graphics... But, in my quest to beat all of the older games I have, in order, this one was sitting there in my way. I gotta say.. I still think it sucks. It is by far my least favorite Zelda game :(  The time component still blows. The SAVE component is the worst thing in the history of gaming. I spent over two hours getting 5,000 rupees and doing other things for a side quest... SAVING and Quitting multiple times throughout.. only to have the game completely go back to day 1 after I messed up and had to reset the game. Finally, I said screw that and just ignored that stuff and beat it. Played a bit of Twilight Princess before bed and it is so much better. Eff You, Majora's Mask.. Oh and the ending was garbage after all that hassle anyway!?!?! 4/10

10. Nemesis Otaku

Nemesis Otaku I love both Nemesis Prime and Anime!

Titanfall 2- 9.5/10.

11. Puck Hockey

Puck Hockey Well-Known Member

Ghost Trick
    [​IMG]

Basically perfect. Loved everything about it. The timeless graphics, the colorful and yet noir style, the slick and efficient presentation, the dialogue and animations and character designs, the fair difficulty, the masterful handling of tone, the music and its usage and progression, the integration of gameplay and story. It's rare for a story to have SO many mysteries and then ACTUALLY deliver surprising and satisfying revelations with a little bow on top. Extremely well handled balance between text and game. The backgrounds deserve special mention for how its used in gameplay as well, it's so clear and lively and expressive while also being extremely functional mechanically. There is a dog.

Absolutely loved it. Ghost Trick is a game anyone can play and enjoy.