LAST UPDATE: 2006 Toys "R" Us Transformers Fan Event on July 1st

Discussion in 'Transformers Conventions and Get Togethers' started by Junior, Jun 27, 2006.

1. Junior

Junior Wise Beyond My Years TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The wait is nearly over….

The 2006 Toys “R” Us Transformers Fan Event is just days away. If you have never experienced a Toys “R” Us Transformers Fan Event before, this is your year. If you are a veteran of our festival, trust us when we say you haven’t seen anything yet!

We have combined a fantastic group of sponsors, activities, prizes, and giveaways that is far superior to any event we have promoted in the past. Whether you are looking for new Cybertron or vintage figures from years past, Toys “R” Us and the Toy Addict has you covered. You’ll find free comic books by IDW, a chance to win two complimentary memberships from the Official Transformers Fan Club, and a host of other incredible prizes. If you are an Attacktix enthusiast, Joeattacktix will be conducting your first demonstration of the Transformers Attacktix game. Plus, with the help of some generous local collectors and Buddy’s Home Furnishings, we will have a display of Transformers toys that will make your heart skip a beat.

Do you still need convincing? Well, how about if I said that this event is FREE? That’s right, I said it. This event has FREE ADMISSION. Our partner Chick-fil-A is even offering you discounted food. Think about it, all you need now is gas and spending money. It is just our way of saying thank you for supporting this event throughout the years.

So remember, The 2006 Toys “R” Us Transformers Fan Event on Saturday, July 1st from 11:00 AM to 5:00PM.

One more for the road and then the rest is silence……..

Junior
    http://www.transfancon.com

[​IMG]

2. † Sunstorm

† Sunstorm Sunstorm member 1

bleh, when are they gonna start an convention in scandinavia? :p 

3. flux convoy

flux convoy RIP Botcon.

Ebay:
    Hey Junior! I'm stoked! I noticed the buy a basic ad banner on the site, if you've still got Scattorshot then yeah I'm all over it. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Primus to make a showing as well. Gah! I feel the crazy coming on.

4. Liokaiser_bf

Liokaiser_bf Kaiju-bot

If this is just your area fine but, if not and, at all. . .

OH I'M GONNA BE PISSED I'M GONNA MISS OUT!

5. Omegatron

Omegatron Mandatory Fun. Buy it now TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    See, you should do the smart thing, like I did, and move from Columbus to Florida. I still miss Laughing Ogre Comics and Max and Erma's Restaurant, but I do OK without 'em.

-Tony!

6. Junior

Junior Wise Beyond My Years TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Update: This is the FIRST event, atleast that I'm aware of, that you can play TRANSFORMERS Attacktix at. Another first for our event.

7. KoolKing

KoolKing New Member

Here's a sneak preview of one of the displays you can expect to see at tomorrow's event.

[​IMG]

8. Omegatron

Omegatron Mandatory Fun. Buy it now TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Big thanks to Junior for putting this on again, though I'm sorry that it might be the last one. It was great seeing lots of folks from the boards here, chatting with other fans, letting a mom know the latest news, watching kids play Attacktix, scarfin' some Chik-Fil-A, and drooling over the collections on display- that Devastator statue is something to behold! With the movie coming out next year, I'm starting to think about putting together a small event at my theatre for the weekend leading up to the movie.

-Tony!
    Least favorite part: going 0-fer on prizes again.

9. autobotcorgi

autobotcorgi Roads optional

Ebay:
    I am going to be moving to FL next year and will be one of your regulars...however, I am up in Philly now and would like to get this done at our local TRU. Any idea how I can make that happen? PM me please :)