Last package from KO toys

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Grandum, Jan 3, 2012.

1. Grandum

Grandum Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So...I got my last shipment from KO toys today and - not a big fan of knock offs, but I got the japanese tapes and they were...ok...not great, but ok so I figured I'd get the city commander & ultra magnus (mostly because I wanted to hold the KO mold in my hand and compare it to a Henkei Optimus to make sure it wasn't a KO) and the other two combiner casettes, still sceptic, but they were relatively cheap so why not? :p 
    It took them 3 weeks to actually send it to me, and when I got them...wow...the box looked like it had been kicked around (dirt marks from a shoe) the ultra magnus kit fell apart in my hands, but I know now that my henkei OP is infact genuine. The tapes came "carded" and I use that term loosly here - one of them had roughly 30% of the very cracked blister glued on, while the other had 2(!!!) blisters glued on top of eachother, these being roughly 50% glued. The tapes themselves looked like they had been assembled by a drunk and painted by a blind person. Both of the combiner faces had thick lead paint over their eyes and roughly an 8th of an inch around them. All tapes were loose, but by unscrewing some screwes and placing all the parts right they felt like the real deal everywhere except for the heads and the chest of raindance - granted they were a bit loose on the originals, but here they were flopping all over the place. The main reason I got them though was the weapons - weapons that ofcourse sufferes from not taking the chrome into account when designing the pegs - they are so thick that you will worry about breaking the tape, mine also came with different kinds of chrome where some weapons are alot darker than the others.

So yeah, if you missed out on them then don't beat yourself up over it.

PS - never really knew what you guys meant with cheap plastic. It's hard for me to put it into words myself but the movie verse legends...ratchet? (half bot/half bug looking thing that turns into a van) I got as a gift from them felt like it was made out of the same material as those plastic space marines...anyone that can describe it better?

2. Megatron31

Megatron31 I Belong to Nobody!

Ebay:
    did the ko ultra magnus fall apart or did the city commander upgrade fall apart?

i always wondered about the ultra magus KO i thought it looked nice

3. The Dark Seeker

The Dark Seeker Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sounds like you got the same kinda box I got when I had my last order with them a while back. Mine looked just like yours....as if it was used as a kickball. Luckily, the toys inside were ok.

4. Grandum

News Credits:
    It was the ultra magnus that fell apart, more specifically the door part on his arm. It has a bad paint job to boot - I'll take some pics for you after posting this. My biggest issue with it though besides the falling apart bit was that the arms are screwed in with a screw witv a really big head so you can't actually move his arms close to the body, the closest you can get them is the position they are in when you buy it/the henkei version.

I would say that the ultra magnus was the biggest disapointment of them all as I had heard good things about it.

5. Megatron31

Megatron31 I Belong to Nobody!

Ebay:
    that sucks, i mean i have the original but i seem to remember the KO actaully had a chrome grill and some different paint apps if i remember correctly

6. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    You could replace the screws with flat headed ones or chop down some nails or panel pins or tacks and use them instead. or even take the screws out and file the heads down a bit with a metal file.

I think people like the KO Magnus as it allows people to free up their City Commander armour from a legit Magnus inside it. As an Endo skeleton it's fine.

You can't rough handle those doors though or they will snap off that is true of any KOLD Convoy too.

7. Grandum

News Credits:
    Yeah, I was thinking that - or maybe actually cut into the plastic that it colliding with. Truth be told that's probably what I would have done had not the arm fallen off - not sure if the CC armour needs that door though - if it doesn't I might just go ahead and snap the other door off as well and just have it be my never ever transforming Ultra Magnus...until I get the real one...I hate OCDing like that, but I really feel like I need an official release if there is one - same goes for the tapes, still hoping they do a full on encore set for the remaining ones.

Anyway, as promised:

The missing door:

(also, this is as close to the body as the arms will move without doing something about the screw)

[​IMG]

The screw:

[​IMG]

I would take a pic of the missing piece if I hadn't thrown it away as it shows the misserable paint job - it looks like someone sneezed white paint over it.

8. The Dark Seeker

News Credits:
    Why does it look like the door broke off rather than just being missing?

9. evil ivotron

evil ivotron destroy'em all

I've had no problems with kotoys. I've purchased many items from them. What can you expect from Ko's. I've only received a couple of items, that I didn't have to fix or repair. If that's all it takes to have a decent figure, it definitely saved me from the hassle of making custom's. Now, I've got some cool figures outside of hasbro and takara product. As for shipping. It's never an issue. Always on time and trackable.

10. Grandum

News Credits:
    no, no it wasn't missing - it was broken off, the door part was still in the blister when I got it, my guess is from the kicking of the package.

You must be one of the lucky ones then - All I can track is that it has been sent, but after that it's UPS, and I don't get their tracking number. And, on their forum in the tape section you could see ALOT of people wondering when their packages would be sent.

11. The Dark Seeker

News Credits:
    Ouch....man...I would say that I would suggest you ask Mike for a replacement or a refund, but the hassle you would go through (and the potential for being cussed out for something that isn't even your fault) just isn't worth it.

If it were me, I'd do it just to piss him off and file a claim with paypal....especially since his ass is known NOT to respond to you until you initiate that claim.

12. process

process Hanlon's razor Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I was under the impression those Prime KOs were absolute crap. Even the CHMS ones are iffy, and their issues are usually magnified by whoever carelessly assembles them.

I recently put together two clear KOLD/CHMS kits with little issue. After a few poor fully-assembled samples from KOTOYS, I decided to cut out the middle man and build 'em myself. Hopefully the Universe Sideswipe kits I ordered will turn out just as, well, decently.

13. Fishdirt

Fishdirt Tin Toy Transformer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have never had a package come in good condition from KOtoys. Luckily I never ordered any hq KOs. I have ordered elsewhere and received things well packaged.

14. Ceerad

Ceerad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The only thing I ever bought from KO was the PE Reflector and my packaging was fine.
    Box lined with hard foam and packages wrapped in plastic bags. No cardbacks, but that
    was expected as those came in six-packs and needed to be split up.

15. robowarrior

robowarrior Arcee's BF

News Credits:
    The only thing I've ordered from KO toys was the CHMS TC hype. Yeah you all remember that? :lol 

Package came somewhat decent, but not to a point where it was crushed or kicked around.

16. MoonStreakr

MoonStreakr Heroic Decepticon

Anyone got extra DIY Lambor kits???

17. gargunkle

gargunkle someone

I ordered from kotoys and my order has shipped. I can't seem to get the track-chinapost.com or intmail.183.com.cn sites to work (problems with captcha not loading, not working, or overall site just load loading). I can view my tracking number in the USPS web site but it just says that the other country is preparing to transmit.

Does anyone know (with the slow shipping) how long I might expect before the USPS web site changes to be able to track my order there?

18. process

process Hanlon's razor Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ~2 weeks after it actually ships.

19. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

1. You knowingly bought knock offs. There should be no expectations other than that.

2. China Post is notoriously terrible.

3. It's my D- in a BOX! - YouTube

That's my haul/vlog I shot late last week with my KOToys order. And all my figures came out fine aside from some loose joints here and there. Though my KOLD Crystal Convoy is by far the worst figure of the lot.

Like I always say, buying toys is a roll of the dice. Buying knock offs even more so.

20. gargunkle

gargunkle someone

Ah that's not too bad I guess, it shipped around Dec 24 so maybe I can expect an update in USPS this week. Thanks, appreciate it.