Last Night, I picked up DDR Ultramix 4 for the Xbox.....

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Skywarp_TPK, Feb 12, 2007.

1. Skywarp_TPK

Skywarp_TPK Harbringer of the MegaDub

Man it was such a disappointment. I really like DDR Ultramix 3 for its great songs that I have heard prior to buying it(around a dozen songs) and some great songs that I haven’t heard before, there were a lot of anime sounding songs. Ultramix 4 really doesn’t have as many songs as its predecessor in terms of just numbers of songs, and most of them suck. I’ll stick with it to see if they grow on me, but I don’t foresee that happening. I really don't like how most of them are just for insane dancers that want to DDR to techno.

Even more negatives for this game are that the load times went from 1-3 seconds in Ultramix 3 to 5-15 seconds for this iteration. Also the animated backgrounds have went from nice pleasant animated pictures to clashing ecliptic flashes that hide the arrows. Also, they have changed the interface and the easy to read difficulty bar to horrible versions of Ultramix 3.

The positives are that they actually have a couple more of the actually videos and they use the actual vocalist on the featured music. However, that just isn't enough to make this game worth it. I am glad that it only cost me $30, as full retail for this game would be a crime.

I would rate this game a 2 out of 5.

2. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

Good thing I only downloaded the ripped sim packs for StepMania.

3. Skywarp_TPK

Step Mania is a great way to do DDR. I really enjoy its wide variety of songs.

I really was looking for Ultramix 4 to just be more of the same that we got from Ultramix 3, but sadly that was not the case.

4. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

i might pick up 2-4 after we move out (currently living on the second floor)...

whats the price of 2 & 3 now?

5. Skywarp_TPK

I haven't seen 2 anywhere, 3 is still $30, but it is actually worth it. 1 goes for around $15 used.