Last Knight Voyager Class Hound

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by Negronicus, May 23, 2017.

1. Negronicus

Negronicus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    For the past two movies, Autobot Hound seems to be the figure Hasbro's development team is willing to have fun experiments with. Last time around we received a figure with a massive arsenal and combining weapons alongside a sculpt with great articulation. This time, even though the arsenal isnt as large, the features they have tried to implement are still fun and impressive. The most notable aspect of the figure is the usable wheels that transform. While this is a cool idea, it leads to great difficulty in standing the figure. But that is about the only complaint i have with this figure. The plastic quality seems pretty good too, he feels heavier than his AOE brother. Articulationwise he has everything his predecessor has and more, with ankle tilts and a more functional wrist swivel. He also has a waist swivel. Again, despite all this articulation, because he is difficult to stand you may be limited in how you can pose him. Finally, the removeable helmet is a nice touch, and his headsculpt is very detailed, far superior to his predecessor.

Small update, for those that care, doesnt seem to be many people which is disappointing as this figure is awesome, but i found that poseability issues are fixed when the back leg kibble is lowered as much as possible, and he stands much easier this way. Will post pics shortly. Also this does not affect his appearance in any way

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 24, 2017
    • Like Like x 10
  2. eltonlin98

eltonlin98 Reclaim Your Identity

News Credits:
    I've misjudged this dude. From the get-go, did not like the look of it. Very surprised he's taller than AOE Hound. He looks like an inside out kind of TF, but he gets the job done without heinous amounts of kibble. Can't say my dislike of his feet has changed one bit, but the figure itself has redeeming qualities.

Could you please post pictures of this Hound posed with some of AOE Hound's arsenal?

EDIT: You heard it here first down below @Lazerwave v

Last edited: May 23, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Negronicus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    In my excitement i forgot to transform him and take pics of his alt mode! I am truly sorry! Wow, what a transformation...its complex and fun, i will do my best to describe it once ive done it a few more times. That aside, this guy feels so hefty! His alt mode is slightly bigger than his predecessor. Here are some pics

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  4. Negronicus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The AOE weapons arent really compatible with him. He can hold some, but i dont want to force the handle all the way into his hand and risk stretching out his grip. And because the aoe handles are angled to fit aoe hounds grip it looks a little weird. Anyway was messing around with his weapons and i like this configuration to "fill out" his truck back. It leaves out the smaller weapons however:

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  5. steam235

steam235 Well-Known Member

The inaccurate transforming feet is an interesting choice. Clearly having feet to break in half and form the feet as half circles would be best. But the two solutions they've come up with have been, AOE:Fake tires to make the feet. TLK:have the real tires fold our in the wrong way to make the feet.

I like the TLK choice. I like Transformers because they transform and I like having the parts transform instead of having fake parts. I hate fake windshields on Prime and fake cockpits on Seekers. I mean if those parts are so iconic follow the G1 transformation scheme.

So to me having the tires actually transform into the feet is better than having fake tire feet.

I wonder how the tire connects and whether someone witha 3d printer could come up with a clever wheel that could hinge and fold out in a more accurate way.

• Like Like x 2
  6. eltonlin98

eltonlin98 Reclaim Your Identity

News Credits:
    I know it's 3rd party, but have you ever seen the Wei Jiang DETECTIVE (Hound)? They pulled off a great accurate feet look, but at somewhat the cost of a perfect rolling vehicle

This Hound's alt mode looks like a mini breadbox, but everything compacts nicely. Thank you for the pics and first look @Negronicus . If memory serves right, you were also the first last time during AOE to post the Galvatron review. Thanks for keeping us ahead of the curve!

• Like Like x 3
  7. Negronicus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    @eltonlin98 lol good memory, i managed to get aoes voyager wave 2 early when hasbrotoyshop posted them up on their site much earlier than release date, and was first to post in hand images of voyager hound as well. Ever since getting that figure i fell in love and was thrilled they were making one for this movie, so i made it a point to scour the net to try and get one as quickly as possible. So happu to finally have him in hand.

8. steam235

steam235 Well-Known Member

Just looked it up. Those feet are intense!
    I can imagine that if a Hasbro engineer came up with that. He'd be commended but reminded that kids want to roll them around on the kitchen table.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Snake_eyes1975

Snake_eyes1975 Peace through Tyranny!!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have that one..AMAZING piece.

This one just looks...boring to me, and the truck front on the back of his legs looks funky.

10. JohnRedcorn

JohnRedcorn Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have that Japanese version that you have in comparison. But, in comparison, I don't know... its a toss up between the two.

11. jaws

jaws Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The fat ballerina is back in 'da house! Such better proportions including his big head over AOE skinny Hound voyager.

12. World Prime

World Prime Za Warudo!

Ebay:
    At first I thought he looked like garbage, but now I'm really excited for him! The feet really suck and the weapons are extremely boring compared to the last iteration, but other than that he looks great. Just like all the other TLK figures I have, I'm gonna have to paint a LOT of the details in there myself, but the good news is that every TLK figure so far has really impressed me with the amount and accuracy of the molded details. As someone who doesn't mind painting my figures a little it doesn't bother me so much.

Thanks for the first look! After him and voyager megs (or should I get the leader figure????) I might be done with TLK figures, unless they release an awesome Hot Rod figure or a better Barricade.

EDIT: CAN SOMEONE PLEASE DO SOMETHING ABOUT THE GODDAMN IMAGE UPLOADER AUTOMATICALLY ROTATING THE PICS? IT'S RIDICULOUS!

• Like Like x 3
  13. Olivus Prime

Olivus Prime Space Ranger

News Credits:
    He certainly looks better than I initially thought, but I'm bummed that they didn't do a better job on the alt-mode, considering what a unique look it has.

14. Tracer

Tracer _

News Credits:
    I really like the design. Any chance you could measure Hound from head to toe?

15. Negronicus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    As soon as i get home ill measure him. I think hes around 6 or 7 inches

• Like Like x 2
  16. Negronicus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Heres a pic of how i have his legs, all i do is angle the back leg kibble lower until its almost touching the back of his wheel feet. Its helps greatly with stability and the posing looks alot better.

Attached Files:

17. World Prime

World Prime Za Warudo!

Ebay:
    Do you find that the back of leg kibble gets in the way at all? Can you please post a pic showing the posability? It's the main thing I'm worried about with this figure (that and the shitty flat wheel feet). Thanks!

18. Negronicus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    No the back leg kibble doesnt get in the way of anything, and the fact that you can move it lower helps it greatly. I freaking love his wheel feet! Wheel feet that actually roll are awesome! Even if its sometimes hard to make it stand i think its worth it. He has limited waist articulation as well, a ball jointed head, and large range of motion in both arms. Double jointed elbow and wrist swivels. The only weakness this guy has is the difficulty in standing him other than that hes great, and if you do what i showed you with he leg kibble you wont even have that problem!

• Like Like x 1
  19. Negronicus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Having this guy gives me the urge to buy more hounds to make a robot army haha.....there needs to be more tformers in the vein of this guy

20. prfctcellrulz

prfctcellrulz Emperor Of Destruction

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Much as I really like this guy, because of my already established "Go big or go home" mantra I'm most likely thinking of getting one of the oversized KOs of the AOE Voyager figure.

• Like Like x 2