Laserbeak: The only competent Decepticon

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Autovolt 127, Nov 21, 2011.

1. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Isn't it sad that out of all of the Decepticons in the Transformers trilogy the only one that wasn't incompetant or had little charecter development was the only bot I that i had no expectations was Laserbeak.

Before Dark Of the Moon Laserbeak has never had much of a important role other than being Soundwave's courrier/go-to bot or even spoken (I think Marvel Comics had him speak but never in the original cartoon. Once I saw DOTM for the first time you had no clue how shocking it is for Laserbeak to talk or even have a personality.

It was more shocking because whenver they did "Mechanimals" in Bayformers like Ravage and Scorponok, they didn't speak and they thought it was weird. Espicially since in Beast Wars and the Japanese G1 Dub Ravage had spoken before. I was perplexed that Laserbeak spoke and not Ravage...but anyways enough of that.

Laserbeak was a competant proffessional assassin who killed humans, yes humans such as Alexi Voshold, Jerry Wang and even the Dad of the little girl. That was by far the darkest hour of the entire Trilogy.....Did he kill the girl too?

What also amazed me was how versistile Laserbeak once. He transformed into everything from computer monitor to photo copiers to even that Pink Bumblebee. *Hasbro I'm still waiting for the only Bumblebee repaint any of us would buy now.*

Lastly his personality, the most intriguing and more badass ones. He's a creepy stalking sarcastic pyschopath that enjoys each kill he gains. The part where he shoots up the office scene was worth the crap we seen with Sam's Job. Keith Szarabajka did a fantastic job with his voicing espicially with the fact he usually voices tough guys or bad guy tough guys. Really playing againist the type. :thumb 

Unfortunatley like all other Decepticons in Bayformers, he died a anti-climatic death which involved his head decapitated by Sam Witwicky but hey for a Bayformer Decepticon he got around and accomplished more than bigger name Decepticons like Starscream or Shockwave ever could. Laserbeak: The greatest surprise of Dark of the Moon and the only competant Decepticon. So what do you gusy think, Did you like Laserbeak? Do you think he was the best part of Dark of the Moon or a plesant surprise? Should Laserbeak for now on have this personality? (because I sure as hell think so.)

2. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

Laserbeak is indeed a truly lethal Decepticon; versatile, sadistic and competent, just as you said. He was kinda like Blackout from the first film; moves in, gets the job done, gone before you know it (Granted, with more subtlety then blast-everything-helicopter-guy XD)

Died quite quickly, true, but he definitely ranked himself right up there in the whole scariness factor. Nightmare-fuel with wings, that's what he is!

Laserbeak FTW :D 

3. OptimusPancake

OptimusPancake Prime's Breakfest Chef

Laserbeak honestly creeped me out. I never thought i would go into Tf3 and be scared but the "kill them all" scene made me cringe

4. UTF

UTF Manifestation of /toy/

News Credits:
    I wrecked an entire Air Force base by myself in less than 3 minutes.

[​IMG]

Yes, Laserbeak was efficient and a creepy fucker

5. springerbee

springerbee Well-Known Member

Laserbeak, Sentinel, Optimus, and Ironhide are the only transformers in the entire trilogy to get decent characterization.

6. Barricade24

Barricade24 The Decepticop

News Credits:
    Barricade was one of the only few Decepticons to kill an Autobot and not get killed by Optimus.

7. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    I agree Laserbeak is the most impressive of all the movie decepticons!:thumb  I mean I was surprised of how big a role he played in the movie! He can make friends with Airachnid and BW Rampage VERY well!

8. decepticon2020

decepticon2020 Best there is @ what I do

I think of DOTM Laserbeak as the creepy evil psycho metal bird that mercilessly assassinated humans like it was nothing. In the scene where Soundwave says: "Laserbeak, kill them all...", and all those pictures of dead people start to show, it really gave me the creeps. I was expecting Laserbeak to be more like Soundwave's assistant. And the fact that he could talk, combined with that cold, evil voice, added to his creepy murderer personality. In conclusion, I think Laserbeak had great characterization (considering that DOTM was his first and last movie), and he really stood out from the other Decepticons as the one who got the job done quick.

9. Wars

Wars Regular At Swerve's™

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Flickr:
    Tumblr:
    Yes, Laserbeak was awesome, as were many Decepticons. I was really surprised to hear him talk, and his voice was just excellent. It sent chills through my spine each time, especially when they had those little screeches in between words, like they had when he killed Jerry. He was an awesome character, and I wish we could've seen more.

10. Eric

Eric Per sempre marciamo.

News Credits:
    But still didn't get beyond the basic characterization of "I'm an evil Decepticon, grr."

Admittedly, Laserbeak did do a lot more, because of his role. Had he been with the Decepticons in the first movie, they could have done better.

11. Autovolt 127

News Credits:
    I disagree. Back in 2007 they agreed none of the mechanimals seen in the movies would speak. If Soundwave had been in the first movie. Laserbeak i'm certain would have still been same old, same old Laserbeak.

12. jametron

jametron Release the Kraken!!!!!!!

News Credits:
    I've got 3 words...

"Is Daddy home?"

Yeah, Laserbeak is way cooler than I thought he'd be. Prior to seeing the film I had assumed he'd just be no more than a name-drop. But he turned out to be really neat and have a crucial part.

13. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Well-Known Member

I was pleasantly surprised by Laserbeak in DOTM. I was shocked when he flew down and said "Pleasure doing business with you." to the guy he just killed. It was like an animal had just stood up and talked to me. Unfortunately, he suffered from being unserious, like the hole film. When first watching it, you are distracted by pink Bumblebees when he goes killing people. Thinking back, (as I am yet to buy the DVD) he did seem quite evil and sadistic and all that. I hope future continuities bring us Laserbeaks even nearly as good as he was.

14. eagc7

eagc7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    despite reading TF Covergence in where laserbeak spoke before i saw the movie, i was still surprised to hear him talk

Like all others cons, i like him aswell

15. springerbee

springerbee Well-Known Member

I read on IMDB that Laserbeak had a voice actor before I saw the movie, but I thought it was just going to be a guy squawking. I was surprised by him talking also.

16. Ceasar121

Ceasar121 Wants a Toxitron repaint!

News Credits:
    If all the Decepticons were like Laserbeak, evil sadistic and effective, the way they allowed them to be cut down like nothing would have been more satisfying. As a Decepticon fan, he is the only Con I was satisfied with in the movie trilogy. Sad that they could handle him so effectively, but manage to botch Megatron, Starscream, and Shockwave, and barely manage to do Soundwave any justice. Future script writers take note... Laserbeak sound be the character archtype of more of the Decepticons.

17. UltraAlanMagnus

UltraAlanMagnus Big Green Dead?

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    They Should Release a Artic Attack Laserbeak toy. Pays a little homage to Mr. Freeze.

18. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Laserbeak was DOTM's breakout character, to be sure, and every inch true to what the original character was like: a creepy, sadistic bastard who takes pleasure in toying with his helpless prey. So great did I like his portrayal, I wasn't bothered too much with how he met his end. Although I would have loved to see him go down in an epic battle against Wheelie and Brains - that would've been fun to watch.

19. rook

rook Well-Known Member

No love for Frenzy I see.
    Frenzy, who snuck on board Air Force One.
    Snuck into Section 7 at Hoover Dam.
    Freed Megatron.
    So badass he was that he alone would kill himself.

20. Autovolt 127

News Credits:
    Dude I know you like Keith Szarabakja a lot but do we really need another shelfwarming toy on the market?

Besides I'd rather have them do Buzzsaw.