Laser Sight Acquired.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kenm2474, Feb 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dran0n

Dran0n miss me w/ that

News Credits:
    Cool gun, bro.

2. Coeloptera

Coeloptera Big, bad beetle-bot

You are so wrong and you don't even know.

I know people who are like that with power tools, musical instruments, and toys. Oh and medieval swords and junk. This is really more about the people who fear guns than those who like therm, I'm afraid.

You clearly don't know about the quick-unlock fingertip safes. A firearm can be both secured from children and accessible in instants.

- Coeloptera

3. joebot.

joebot. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Instagram:
    Exactly, its a hobby

4. Sportimus

Sportimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    TFW2005 is a message board filled with people "braggingg" about their new purchases. You know, threads like "post your latest TF purchase", and millions of opinionated posts about TOYS.

I am also a member of a car message board, where people "brag" about their rides, what they got for them, what they have done to them, etc. Since when is "bragging" about guns a bad thing? Because they're guns? Come one, man. I had a friend that bragged about his power tools all the time. So what? It's a hobby just like anything else. No difference. They guy got an accessory that he is rather happy with and just wanted to share it. Why make a big deal of it?

I'm never paranoid. I have guns. Some loaded, some not. I am aware of what goes on in my neighborhood, and if things are happening, I still live my life without fear. If some drugged up crazy wants to bust down my door, no big. There's a shotgun ready to greet him.

I got a cool power dril a few weeks back. I love it. Black and Decker. Want to see pics? Also got a cool nail gun. I'm real happy with my purchase.

Some would call cars to be just "tools". They get us from point A to point B. Yet people brag about their rides all the time. So what. I love my Smith and Wesson, and the TLR-1 light mount I got for it to. I'd gladly post pics of it if I felt like it. I do it all the time in, gun forums. Guns deserve admiration, just like anything else that gets admiration. A finely crafted gun can simply be a work of art, and perform beautifully at the range. I see nothing wrong with sharing something with others. The originating poster wasn't hurting anyone, only sharing what he got that he liked very much. Makes no difference if it is a Transformer, a saw, a car, or a gun accessory.

5. Murasame

Murasame 村雨

News Credits:
    In Germany you aren't allowed to carry any guns and knives. As if criminals would think "Oh snap, than I have to go unarmed" ;) 

Btw.: Lasersights are cool, I always wanted to have one, since I have seen Arnie in Terminator when I was young. I always hoped someday there would be toy guns with lasersights! But never encountered one.

6. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You are kidding, right?
    thread title + I just got this today confused you?

Facepalm.

Actually i am surprised this thread hasn't been shuttered yet.

but for now, gotta say, nice sighting system you got. as long as it doesn't affect the "feel" in your hand, nice acquisition.

7. CdnShockwave

CdnShockwave The Prince of Poses TFW2005 Supporter

I find the vibe of "I can't wait until someone breaks into my house so I can grab my gun, scare the living shit out of him, empty six clips into him, save my family from certain peril at the hands of the international crime syndicate that seeks to abduct them and use them as pawns in their world wide terrorist conspiracies" extremely disturbing. It's like people salivate at the thought of pulling a gun on someone like it's the greatest thing in the world.

The fact that civilians are allowed to own guns is a nightmare in itself. It's not so much that I'm afraid of guns. I'm afraid of people with guns. It seems like people are all too willing (and eager) to pull the trigger.

No one should be happy that they own a gun. They should feel ashamed because they live in a place where they feel that have to have one.

**edit:

I can just picture kenm reading this thread and laughing maniacally and going "Dance puppets! Dance! Dance to my tune!!"

Last edited: Feb 19, 2010
  8. RoboticPlanet

RoboticPlanet Exclusively Exclusive

News Credits:
    awww, I was hoping this thread was about Cyclops, you know, from the X-men.

9. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

Exactly, a website about people bragging about TOYS. Guns are not toys though, regardless that it's a hobby.

Not a bad thing, if you're the type of person that doesn't take it too far. I do find there is a certain mindset that goes along with the braggart that is careless and potentially dangerous. Hence my example of the friend that just had to take his gun out whenever I saw him. I'd hear everyone of the same arguments being spouted in this thread about in favor of guns. Of course, any collector of anything can venture into this territory, but I'd rather not encourage the behavior when it comes to a hobby that can potentially kill someone and is so volatile to begin with. I'm just promoting the first rule of owning which extents to mental as well as the physical.

Does He go to an internet forum about transformers and post pics of those latest purchases? I highly doubt it.

Obviously you didn't read or understand why I said I'm a little paranoid right now, otherwise you wouldn't have turned it into the classic "I have guns and live my carefree bla blah blah" defense. Who wouldn't be a paranoid if they heard of an home invasion that just happened in their neighbor. Not saying it is ruining my life, but it has made me a big more sensitive to issue perhaps.

You should start a thread about it.

Hey,bingo. A gun forum, not a forum for toy. You know the thing about a time and a place for everything. I'm all for sharing....I dunno, this just rubs me the wrong way for some reason. Things like guns in a toy forum can do that to certain people.

Again, I don't want anyone thinking I'm anti-gun or afraid of them, whatever. I just think when it comes to one of the most contested issues in the world, the pro-crowd really isn't doing themselves any favors when they're waving their guns around like it's their dicks. Sometimes discretion is the better part of valor.

10. llamatron

llamatron OFFICIAL MMC REP TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Instagram:

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2016
  11. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I shoot clays and have three 12-gauge rifles. It's an extremely fun hobby, albeit somewhat expensive (between range fees and shells). Haven't been to the range in a couple of years - just can't find the time.

As much as I enjoy it, I've refrained from getting involved in the gun-owning community as so many of the folks I've run across seem so extremely anxious for opportunities to use their weapons against someone. It comes off a bit unstable, to me.

12. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Veteran

News Credits:
    Good lord man you are on a roll. I salute you.

13. cheetorBWORG

cheetorBWORG Cheetor Fan

News Credits:
    Well... let's start this off by first asking this: For what PRIMARY purpose was a gun made?

Just curious what everyone thinks.

14. Razerwire

News Credits:
    For me?

To cause harm/destruction/intimidation, either to a living thing or inanimate object be it in a defensive/protective manner, for hobby and pleasure, or offensively to kill/destroy said living object or inanimate object.

15. Skor

Skor I HATE U TRASH MONSTAAAR! TFW2005 Supporter

The very first gun, indeed the very first musket, cannon, bow, sword or even sharp stick grasped by a primitive hunter had one purpose - to kill or cause injury to the intended target.

The purpose has always been the same, just the people who own them have changed.

16. Jeremy.B

Jeremy.B Leader Blackout LIVES!!!

News Credits:
    There is nothing wrong with owning a gun. You can cause harm and death with many different items in the proper context.

Frankly, the vast majority of people who collect guns are responsible and don't meet the stereotype some of you perpetuate. I have many friends who own firearms, and a couple who collect firearms. Most people HOPE they never have to use it - hell, I never want to use mine - but it is available to protect yourself, and with crime up due to economic conditions it has nothing to do with living in bad areas. Crime can and does occur everywhere.

If you want to make it illegal for citizens to own guns, you are taking away any rights to protect yourself. I guarantee you that the criminals will have them regardless of their legality. I'm not advocating walking around with loaded guns looking for an excuse to shoot someone, but the thought that "guns should be illegal" invokes the notion that criminals wont have them either, but they have illegal guns NOW, not to mention illegal drugs and participate in illegal activities. This utopianistic view is naive.

17. Razerwire

News Credits:
    I agree with everything you said with the exception of the first statement and only partially.

You're right, there is nothing wrong with owning a gun, especially to protect yourself and your family. I personally don't because I don't trust myself with one. I'll probably end up shooting my foot or something. I'd probably rather get a taser instead. But that's just me.

However, I don't understand why many gun owners follow the mantra of "You can cause harm and death with many different items in the proper context."

While that is true, most items weren't solely created to cause harm and death like firearms are. Sure one can argue that knives are created to do so but there many other practicalities that a knife is used for. Kitchen use, box cutters, etc.

You can't do anything with a firearm except shoot it to destroy/kill/maim/injure something. Unless there is some other practical uses for them that I am unaware of.

So in that context, the whole argument that guns, like many other items, can cause harm and death is invalid to me.

Sure cars/knives/power tools/etc can kill. But that's not what they were created for.

18. Skor

Skor I HATE U TRASH MONSTAAAR! TFW2005 Supporter

In all honesty, I saw a guy using a .44's butt as a hammer once. He knocked a nail into a fencepost.

I was impressed at the resourcefulness at first, less so when I noticed the hammer on the ground about 15 foot away.

19. Razerwire

News Credits:
    :lolol 

That reminds me of the NRA episode for The Simpsons. Need a can opener? A remote for the TV? GUN! :lol 

20. Jeremy.B

Jeremy.B Leader Blackout LIVES!!!

News Credits:
    I'll accept your point ;) 

Hilarious. I bet he was an Auburn fan.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.