Larger pics of Authentics Grimlock, plus new/differently-sized Optimus Prime and Bumblebee?

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Nevermore, Jan 15, 2018.

1. FAKER II

FAKER II Cheap Repaint

My son loves Transformers Devastation and he likes simpler Transformers so I will definately pick up this Grimlock for him. He got Cyber Batallion Optimus Prime for Christmas and this Grimlock will go nicely with it.

• Like Like x 2
  2. neospark1

neospark1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sorry. No. Just no. This goes WAAAY beyond hollowness. There simply is NO SIDE OR BACK OF THE LEGS.

And if I hear one more person use BUDGET as an excuse for shitacular cutting out of ENTIRE pieces of the toy I'm going to scream.

The larger 7 inch figure of Prime has the SAME amount of CUT OUT of the toy as the smaller version. And you think there's going to be a budget price point for that? Nope.

Look at leader class POTP Optimus' legs on the Orion Pax part. That is beyond hollowness. It's simply cutting out the ENTIRE inner leg. And it's just one more step Hasbro is seeing how far they can go and still charge regular retail price for a leader class figure.

• Like Like x 1
  3. VortexPrime

VortexPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    True that, that figure really feels like a KO to me for what I saw, the exact opposite to the Rodimus mold, great "evolution" poor "voyager" Orion.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Calabask

Calabask Waspinator Cultist

News Credits:
    This guy knows what he's talking about. Welcome to Corporate America everyone, where companies carve out as much as possible to charge you as much as possible and see how far they can take you. Look at Battlefront 2, Destiny 2, The new Blazblue game, etc.

• Like Like x 1
  5. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Gnodab Kidult (He/Him)

News Credits:
    The inner robots of the Evolution figures aren't billed as Voyagers. I don't think Hasbro ever billed them as any size class. Fans have compared them to Deluxes, but that's about it.

6. ToaDraco

ToaDraco Lightning Strike Coalition Force

Ebay:
    Well the Grimlock is the best of the group which isn\'t saying much. He actually has a decent aesthetic going for him and I\'d like to see this design in a normal deluxe or voyager class figure with more paint apps, detail and articulation . I\'m not going to get bent out of shape like some people are I think some of us are forgetting that this line is intended to be warming shelves at dollar stores, not as a mainline companion at major retailers.

• Like Like x 3
  7. VortexPrime

VortexPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, they are a thing on their own, but they are pretty close to voyager size... sure they don't have voyager engineering, I get that for the gimmick, but Orion still looks like a good KO.

8. KnightHawkke

KnightHawkke Flynn Lives

My God even on these they have inward curling elbows! It's like they can't stop with it! and worst of all to do it to an Optimus! What purpose does that design choice in general serve except to make the toy(s) worse? Can anyone tell me a valid reason for it?

Last edited: Jan 16, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  9. User_136440

User_136440 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This is all true, though whether or not you agree that being a budget line justifies how crap they are doesn’t change the fact that it’s Hasbro’s intent for them to be a budget line.

All I’m saying is yes these are shit, but it’s not like they’re the only Transformers available; there’s stuff that’s not quite as shit available ;) 

10. primalxconvoy

primalxconvoy Banned

News Credits:
    Indeed, but the points being made are that there hasn't been a decent CHUG style Grimlock since G1 (and even the MP was too small), it's not rocket science to actually update the original G1 version slightly, that there are, in fact, KO or 3P versions of Grimlock that are the right size and/or of a better design AND that there are KO TF figures (in general)out there that are simple, without parts lopped-off, cheap and STILL poseable. In fact, it wouldn't surprise me if there are cheaper and/or improved KOs of these molds coming out.

So, basically, between this and the POTP Grimlock, Hasblo STILL couldn't make a simple, poseable, large G1 styled Grimlock. If they already had, I suspect they could have cut both his legs off and popped him in a wheelchair like BM Ratrap and hardly anyone would complain.

11. User_136440

User_136440 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oh I know that, but I wasn’t referring to any one character in the first place, just the lines in general. It sucks if you want Grimlock in particular though, I agree.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Mizzinno

Mizzinno Merc With A Mouthplate

News Credits:
    Might grab the more articulated Prime to turn into Huffer.

• Like Like x 1
  13. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Hey look, they made the shampoo bottle TFs transform. Neat.

Not.

• Like Like x 2
  14. microclone

microclone Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    that is absolutely true, basically bricks that have moving arms, that might be a good thing for the target audience.

• Like Like x 1
  15. JT-bob

JT-bob Autobum

Ebay:
    Man, these lose a lot of what charm they had upscaled like this. I get that they want a simpler line for kids that's also affordable since production on the main lines has priced younger kids out of the line, and the $5 size you can forgive a lot, but this 1-up version seems just lacking. I applaud the desire to get a functioning IP at that lower pricepoint, but larger toys need to have more charm in them... or just go JAKKS Pacific "Big Fig" and go stupidly large instead.

16. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    Every flat-nosed prime should get repainted as Huffer.

As a rule.

• Like Like x 2
  17. rapid_fire

rapid_fire Banned

If these were 2 inches tall, they'd be awesome

18. Mizzinno

Mizzinno Merc With A Mouthplate

News Credits:
    From what I can tell the cab could be miss transformed to give the standard Huffer look.

19. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    They make those. These are upsized versions with added articulation of the $4.99 figures listed on HTS.

I think Grimlock benefits from it. If Hasbro thinks beasts sell well to kids, they'd do well to introduce more into the simplified evergreen line. The chunky design works with animals better than vehicles sometimes.

20. CrossHero

CrossHero Nothing is too weird

Ohhh boy, I can´t wait to see the super, awesome, beautiful and mega cheap Ko´s of those "things".

Now that this is said I can come to my real opinion about this "things". They do look ugly even for toys that are meant for kids. The only two good so far are Megs and Screamer, the other two look like how a blind person would designe a Transformer. Even as a kid I would rather get less figures but the better once instead of this crap. I kept silence untill now because I had no real reason to hate this two figures but now seeing them with a lot better pictures I just had to express my opinion about such a wasted potential for good starter figures for little kids.

• Like Like x 2