Laptop problems, anyone here know their stuff and is able to help?

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Recall, Oct 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    I'm legit fed up of the "help" offered that is so mother fucking drastic that it actually doesn't fix the problem.

My laptop is only 2 years old, runs XP and has a tendancy to run real slow and/or lock up at times when all i'm doing is surfing the net or just listening to music. According to the internet I have to either de-frag every time, get a new motherboard or re-format my system.

So I was wondering is there anyone here who actually knows their stuff & may actually help me fix my problem, and not just be one of those guys who suggest the most OTT "fix"?

If so, i'll post my problem and we can troubleshoot and hopefully get my laptop sorted. Thanks.

2. JetRaid

JetRaid Jhet Rheyd

News Credits:
    Hmmm. The last time I had that I had to get a new mother board but it seems you already have done that. Maybe its over heating?

3. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    I haven't gotten a new motherboard. As its not needed. Thats my complaint, problems exist and instead of real help being offered silly things like that are suggested. Its like when I had my itunes problem a few months back, I fixed it real easy when the "correct" way to fix it according to the smart people was to re-format my laptop.

The only things that are coming to mind are static build up/discharge issues Toshiba laptops are known for as to the lock ups.

4. JetRaid

JetRaid Jhet Rheyd

News Credits:
    Can you still send it in for repair?

5. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

Close at OP's request.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.