Lansay Robotech / Macross Tread Legioss HELP NEEDED!!!

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Red leader, Sep 24, 2008.

1. Red leader

Red leader Nom Nom Nom

News Credits:
    I thought about posting it in the Macross thread but was worried it would get lost in amongst the posts.

I recently found my old Lansay Tread Legioss Alpha Fighter in a bucket of stuff from the loft, the tread in unfortunately smashed to buggery and has gone in the bin, the green alpha fighter is in good condition with his Mars Base stickers intact and no damage.

My question is - Is it worth trying to track down the Tread by itself or call it a day and sell the alpha ?? I know they are a pain to find and I dont really know where to start and quite frankly dont know if I can really be bothered as I prefer the reissue stuff anyway.

Any help would be appreciated, just for Reference its the 5 inch Green version made of Plastic and stamped ''Gakken Singapore'' on the back

Cheers fellas!! :) 

2. crasis

crasis Yahk Deculture!

News Credits:
    Wow, you had one of the rarest of the rare Mospeada toys. In fact, they are beyond rare at this point, almost to the levels of impossible to track down. I've seen them go for $3,500+ on eBay in recent years. Sorry to hear that yours is in such bad condition. You're much better off tracking down a modern Tread toy, like the CMs Tread/Legioss combo set (which is a much better toy, anyway), or waiting until Toynami releases their upcoming "Masterpiece" Beta.

Just for fun, here's an old article on the history of the Lansay Tread:
    Lansay Tread

3. Red leader

Red leader Nom Nom Nom

News Credits:
    Wow, cheers for that!!! the info in the article was cool, its def the toy I have although my alpha is green :) 

The stomuch churning part of your post is the fact I actually had 2 of the treads the other has a red alpha, I looked at it a year or 2 ago before I got back into Robotech and thought ''What a piece of crap'' and threw it away with a Gobot Helitanser that I could fit together :(  BALLS!!!!!

Last edited: Sep 24, 2008
  4. Rewind

Rewind Be Kind TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Wow...even in buggered bits I bet that Tlead would have sold for a handsome sum on Ebay. Like crasis said, if you want a good Tread toy and aren't offended by the price, track down the CM's Legioss/Tlead set, it's a fantastic and quite durable toy. Nobody knows what the Toynami one will be like yet, or if it will ever actually be released, so I can't speak for that one.

5. Red leader

Red leader Nom Nom Nom

News Credits:
    I am totally shit out now! I cant believe how rare that thing was and how badly I treated it doooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhh

6. Rewind

Rewind Be Kind TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Go chase down the garbage man! :)