Lair playable on PSP

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Prowl, Sep 4, 2007.

1. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Too bad this accident couldn't happen to a better game. But Sony "oopsed" and didn't put a block for people to access Lair via remote play on the PSP. So you can basically play Lair via remote play. I just left the disc in my system and played it from work. You control the dragon via analog nub, but some of the missing buttons on the PSP prevent some actions, though, for the most part, you could play through an entire level. I hope this OOPS happens to GT Prologue and Heavenly Sword.

2. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Isn't that the point of remote play? Why would they block it in the first place?

3. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Because Remote play is more access to the media on your system. I can view my videos, play my music, go on PSN and download shit. But because the PSP controls don't match a PS1-PS3 controls, you are missing a lot of control schemes that may cause the game to not work properly. My opinion is just let us play the games but put a dislaimer that games may not function properly.

4. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    What does the game look like on the PSP?
    I really didn't know the PS3-PSP had this feature.

I am intrigued.

5. jdre_124

jdre_124 Super Dick

News Credits:
    Not very pretty and its kinda choppy.

6. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Actually, I was playing fine through it. Not as smooth as the direct thing, but definitely playable. I'd say the only thing that made it difficult was the fact that some enemies were tiny on the screen, so the shit in the far background were barely visible........

But screw Lair. My hopes would be more that I could load up an RPG (something less demanding on speed and framerate). I would love to level my characters on FF12 from work. This booboo on Lair proves that it can be done. Like I said, Sony should take a hands-off on it and just disclaimer that the game might not be playable... play at your own risk. I could literally B-Spec some races on GT4 from work and earn some money.

O-O or if I still played FF11, I could farm and get money off mining and shit. Come on Sony, stop being so damn protective, that shit would be sweet.

7. toma

toma eskimo in disguise

yeah my brother in law told me he could play ps3 games on the toilet from his psp, he said it was pretty cool. i had no idea about that feature until he told me about it.

8. Frognal

Frognal Prodigal Son Returned

I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around this. So each PS3 game comes with a PSP version?

9. MegaMoonMan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    No, the PSP is acting as a screen and a controller, accessing the PS3 wirelessly. The PS3 does all the work, you're just remotely controlling and viewing it with the PSP.

10. Frognal

Frognal Prodigal Son Returned

Okay, that makes more sense.

11. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    You're not the only one.

I had no idea the PS3\PSP combo could do that.
    And Sony's leaving the feature in Lair is an accident?
    They primarily block the feature?

Man, Sony is truly its own worst enemy these days.

12. MegaMoonMan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    No doubt. I thought it was standard in all PS3 games. Guess I was wrong.

13. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't think it's that big of a deal. It's not like their error caused any issues. If anything it made me realize how cool the feature would be. But honestly, the PSP doesn't have enoughbuttons to compensate, which is why they prohibit it. Even with PS1 games released on PSN, they remark that they are configured for the PSP now, but with 2 shoulder buttons, you lose a lot of what most PS2 and PS3 games have to offer. So they might be worried that someone might lose a save on a game or something worst and then bitch at them for it.

Personally, I'd prefer them put a disclaimer up (at the fron end of Remote Play)because I want to farm money on GT4 from work (something that does not require the shoulder buttons).