Lady Starscream

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Barberism, May 28, 2010.

1. Barberism

Barberism Reaper of Skulls

Do you think they should make Starscream a girl in any new Transformers series?

It might add another level to why Starscream isn't taken seriously as a potential leader. It might add another level to his... her manipulation of others. It might be interesting seeing Starscream use feminine wiles on other Decepticons to get her way or on Autobots to trick them.

Not suggesting this for the movies. I just think it could add an interesting spin on things for a comic series.

What do you think?

2. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

Er, no.

Starscream is among the most recognizable characters in Transformers. Changing him into a girl for a new series is most likely, in my opinion, not going to sit well with the fans... especially the fan girls who love him.

I wasn't too big on Red Alert being a girl in the Animated series, having always known Red Alert to be a guy since G1, so I'm not too big on Transformers characters changing genders.

3. shibamura_prime

shibamura_prime Jumpin' Jellyfish! Super Mod

News Credits:
    I kinda doubt it. Gender-bending seems more popular in fan fics than in mainstream stuff. Besides, Animated already poked fun at the idea when Starscream asks Slipstream about what part of him she represents.

4. RedWolf

RedWolf Well-Known Member

They already made one in Animated.

For a moment there I thought the title referred to a TF fan whom I vaguely remember.

5. Moonscream

Moonscream YES, We EXIST!

News Credits:
    No.

Personally I find it kind of oogy to imagine Starscream using 'feminine wiles' on the other Decepticons, but that aside, suddenly changing Starscream's gender after 26 years could make it look like he was supposed to be gay the entire time, and I don't think Hasbro is ready to handle such a thing yet.

And why wouldn't a femme be taken seriously as a potential leader? Slipstream led her fellow clones, Stryka was a general, Beta was a co-leader of the rebellion, Override repeatedly proved her superiority over others on a physical level...they certainly haven't all been Thunderblast types, in fact most femme TFs have been shown to be as capable and respected as their male counterparts.

--Moony

6. RedWolf

RedWolf Well-Known Member

But Override was a manbot... *Runs away*

7. Skeeve

Skeeve Well-Known Member

Yes. THAT'S what makes him look gay.

:rolleyes2 

8. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Flickr:
    I wouldnt mind seeing a change for one series, the same old story gets old to me anyway.

If SS did become a female, I would rather see her not be a back stabber but more of a strong second in command type.

9. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    Waaaaaaait a second

Are you tryin to tell me Starscream isn't already a girl?!

10. Barberism

Barberism Reaper of Skulls

I was trying to think along the lines of Starscream as a lady macbeth type.

Megatron has been portrayed in recent media as a revolutionary who went over the edge and became a fascist. Starscream could be cast as the one as who has been subtly manipulating him.

I think really it would be more of an aesthetic change than a character one.

I don't think this should be a mainstream thing. Just interested to see how it could work in an 'elseworlds' situation. What is Starscream was female?

11. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    There was some bizzare artwork on TFW the other day, forgot to copy it, now I can't find it. Optimus Prime in an office setting in shirt and tie arguing with a female Starscream with an uncomfortable-looking Soundwave standing by. Anyway, any TF series with a female Starscream would be totally bizzare.

12. Prime Noble

Prime Noble Well-Known Member

How about a female Prime? I always thought it would be interesting. Shame Nissan have copyrighted the name Primera.

13. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Give Starscream a sister maybe. But actually make Starscream be a fembot? No thanks.

14. E. C. R. Former

E. C. R. Former Is probably insane...

It wouldn't Starscream any more. Oh sure, she might carry the name she would be virtually universally recognized as "Starscream in name only". For that scenario, it would make far more sense to make up a new character from scratch.

15. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    I wholeheartedly support this, explicitly for the opportunity to watch the epic fanrage. It would be worse than trukk not munky, trukk not firetrukk and trukk not trukk with flames combined.

16. Brave Magnus

Brave Magnus Hecho en Argentina

News Credits:
    XD You made me laugh ^^

I dont know if changing Starscream to a girl wll be a good idea but having a female seeker actually is. We barely could see Slipstream in Animated. :( 

17. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Animated would've certainly been the toyline to give us a curvy female Seeker figure.

18. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

In the Cybertron series, Override is a girl.

19. Spin-Out

Spin-Out Are you afraid of the dark?

Hmmm... I could actually see this workin', as crazy as it sounds. Starscream's a pretty gender-neautral name, and it would be funny to see his fangirls rage about "OMG THis is so WRONG! I can't be attracted to a GIRLBOT!" while the fanboys were trapped between "AAAAAAAGH RUINED FOREVER MECH NOT FEMME AAAAAAARGH" and "DO WANT." I would just sit back, grab some popcorn, and watch the fireworks.

Come to think of it, I could see a Bumblebee as a fembot, too... More hilarious nerdrage!

20. Latias Prime

Latias Prime I'm only slightly crazy!

Barberism, did you eat a "magic mushroom" or something like that and then read some of those really crazy MegatronxStarscream fics? Because your idea sounds like it might have been a slash-induced hallucination.

No, I do not want a female Starscream. That would be the biggest mistake since Kiss Players. A new Seeker who just happens to be female would be great, but keep Screamer a whiny, cowardly, treacherous guy.