Lack of Wreckers - Missed Opportunity?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Girl Pants, Jun 17, 2011.

1. Girl Pants

Girl Pants aka brickonator

News Credits:
    I personally don't follow NASCAR, so maybe it's their "off-season" or something but does anyone think it's really weird that we've gotten so little of the Wreckers? I know we got one trailer a while back that was related to a race (Daytona maybe?) but it really seems like something they should be pushing hard.

Maybe we'll get more scenes with them after the movie comes out as maybe a lot of their scenes are spoiler-filled. Probably the same reason we've yet to see Sentinel or Megatron.

I just think it's a miss opportunity to not try and bring in a large demographic. And I think most NASCAR fans would enjoy a good action flick. They should totally have the teched-up wreckers on display somewhere or have the real race car drivers doing co-commercials for DotM and NASCAR or something.

I just see so much cross-promotion these days that I find it odd when it ISN'T there.

2. Browns2212

Browns2212 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yes, it was during the Daytona 500 back in February.

And if you didn't know (since your not a NASCAR fan), the Daytona 500 is the biggest NASCAR event of the season. So, pretty much every single NASCAR fan was watching and saw or already knows about the Wreckers being in DOTM b/c they were a part of the race, etc.

3. Barricade24

Barricade24 Decepticop Artist

News Credits:
    Considering that DOTM is only a few days away and the only real clip we have seen of them was in the NASCAR tv spot. I would guess they are really trying to keep them underwraps like they are with Shockwave. Limited clips and no confirmed voices. I am certain the Wreckers will get plenty of time in the film. I don't know when they get envolved with the battle but I am sure they will wreck stuff.

4. Browns2212

Browns2212 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Isn't Bill Fagerbakke confirmed to voice one of the Wreckers?

5. tonks00

tonks00 spec ed

I see what your saying but that was feb, especially in this packed summer, that I huge crowd to pass up. With the way the average ticket is there is a lot of movies that people are going to want to see other movies as well. I personally want to see cap, cowboys vs aliens, possibly go with my wife to Harry potter, plus tf3. That's 160 for me. The industry has become so competitive.

Just think that any fraction of the advertising venue not used is definetly a missed opportunity.

What I would like to see is how Kevin smith can do with his budget stragety for making movies without the studios and advertising. Seems to be coming along well and a lot of word of mouth of red state and peoples awareness.

6. hound88

hound88 Well-Known Member

I think the Trailer and TV spots are pretty weak for DOTM. THey missed out on a lot of new characters. We just see a lot of Bumblebee and Optimus in the trailers, and the same old alien ships attacking scenes.

7. Sideswipe94

Sideswipe94 Autobot

News Credits:
    Personally i'm glad they havent shown off too much of the wreckers. I'd rather see what they get up to in the movie, rather than the t.v spots. But i'm sure something will come up.

8. Tkemert20

Tkemert20 「Dojyaaa~n」 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Yep, Roadbuster. Also, some have speculated that James Avery (Uncle Phil and Shredder) might end up being Leadfoot.

9. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    This.

And, this.

10. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    He hasn't been confirmed as Roadbuster at all. It's still up in the air which one he is.