Lack of Transformers when I went to see Spidey....

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Simian, May 4, 2007.

1. Simian

Simian Biscuits and Gravy....???

News Credits:
    Don't know if this is the place but....

Just got back from Spider-Man III...It was alright....No surprises or real WOW!! moments for me...Kinda the same Ol' Spidey so I hope (and think) Transformers will smoke it...Basically cause it is new and has never been seen where as Spider_Man has...But the most disappointing thing was the lack of a TF trailer and The Cinemas where I live had the TF huge Prime/Megs standee tucked away where few would see it...However Simpsons, Spider-Man, and Fantastic Four were plastered everywhere...UUGGHHHH....:mad 

2. flywheels

flywheels Decepticon Assault Team Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I too am wondering how well SM3 will fare at the box office as I think most of the critics got this one right...not as good as it could've been...2 1/2 stars max. If SM3 is a let down @ the box office, watch out b/c the TF flick just might steal the blockbuster winner of the summer movies!

3. PrimeConvoy

PrimeConvoy ShickaBAM!

There is a lot of lack were I live I can barely find a poster at some theatres here let alone that huge display. I dont know about the rest of Canada but there not much going on here and I've only seen the a tv spot once so far.

4. Blunticon

Blunticon The Oddjob

Yeah you would think they would promote the hell outta this movie especially starting now. Its two months away and the world needs to know its coming out.

5. Team Jetfire

Team Jetfire Pop-POP!

News Credits:
    Give it time, soon there will be Transformers everywhere...

6. QuinJester

QuinJester T. Bison

News Credits:
    Spiderman 3 was complete and utter garbage.

... and every time I see the start of the Silver Surfer movie trailer I think it's Transformers. Silly comet themed intros.

7. transmetropolitan

transmetropolitan nonjon TFW2005 Supporter

Pirates of the Caribean and Shrek the 3rd. The trailer will be in front of these, and it is the best marketing this movie could get. Highest grossing animated movie ever along with one of the few movies to break 1 billion. Honestly I don't care much for either of the series, but man are they going to help sell a lot of tickets for TF. "Is the movie sold out my Hufffeer...Yeah we got your tickets...Yeah we got your tickets...Fandangobots."

8. Optimal Optimus Prime

Optimal Optimus Prime The Ultimate Prime

Well I saw spidey at midnight of the 4th..........big mistake, waste of money, but enough about that.

The Transformers trailer was shown before the movie and it got the best crowd reaction of any trailer shown, beat FF2, Harry Potter, Shrek 3 and Pirates' trailers.

9. Codimus Prime

Codimus Prime Missouri Toy Hunter

Remember that $250 Million in special effects won't buy fans...

10. darksage78

darksage78 Maximal

I went yesterday as well, they had a huge TF display for the movie outside but no TF trailer :( 

11. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot Arise Rodimus Prime

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    so what? the myspace home page was transformers for about 5 days. :p 

12. Sy-Rein

Sy-Rein Rogue Stunticon

News Credits:
    Well Transformers is 2months away yet. Honestly I dont remember seeing any major push for Spiderman until maybe 2-3 weeks ago and it was JUST released. Like Team Jetfire said, give it time, probably about a month from now, you wont be able to walk 10' without seeing or hearing something about Transformers.

13. cybertron2006

cybertron2006 Fly By Clockwork Pictures

I can see it now... Fantastic Four 2 posters EVERY-F**KING-WHERE!!! :( 

14. Optimus Prime

Optimus Prime Roll out! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    They had a TF movie poster at the theater I went to. They had TF popcorn bags, too (cinema logo bags = small, Spider-Man 3 bags = medium, TF bags = large) but no trailer. S-M 3 was good, in my opinion (best of the 3) but the audience (as I've posted elsewhere) was VERY disappointed, and laughed at how corny/lame a lot of the parts were. However, it's been projected that Spidey 3 is going to break box office records. Still, if people don't like it, opening weekend isn't going to matter much...
    And I too think that the F4 2 trailer is the TF trailer at first, only to be disappointed. The first F4 was okay, and I don't think F4 2 will be anything special.

15. Fairlady_Z

Fairlady_Z Official Voice of Flareup

No TF trailer when I saw Spidey last night either (good movie, but not as good as the other two so kinda a let down). I wonder if it's a studio thing, like only upcoming movies made by the same studio end up being previewed most of the time or something like that. And for the record the push for Spidey 3 began back in Feb with interviews on On Demand and the short preview airing on TV duing an ep of Heroes back in March before even TMNT had come out.