Lack of TF3 character Info

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by knyghtmare2021, Aug 30, 2010.

1. knyghtmare2021

knyghtmare2021 The Goddamn Knyghtmare

News Credits:
    Ok. So we know Shockwave is the big bad, and we know who is returning. But thus far, we have no 100% soild infor on who any of the new vehicles are. We've gotten a couple of head shots of new bots, but nothing more unless I missed something. Secrecy is all well and good, but am I the only one that feels like we should have gotten something more... concrete by now?

This isn't necessarily restricted to the movies either: we have yet to see tf: p soundwave, bulkhead, starscream or ratchets alt mode, and that series is slated to debut in just over a month. Whats with the lack of news?

2. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Its like releasing a demo for a game.

If its good, people will buy it.

If it sucks, it will fail the same day it comes out.

If I were in charge I wouldn't let that much info out either, I would not take the chance.

3. knyghtmare2021

knyghtmare2021 The Goddamn Knyghtmare

News Credits:
    I get the whole video game demo analogy. I'm not looking for a leaked script, or even a scene by scene plot breakdown (thought truth be told, neither of those would bother me, and I'd love to read the script.) It just seems, especially in the case of TP: P nothing is moving forward. With just over a month to debut, I'd think Hasbro would be pimping the hell out of it, not giving away major plot points or anything. Look at Animated. Going in we knew what most of the characters we're gonna look like. In the case of TF: P we have three characters who besides their names are complete mysteries visually speaking. I guess I'm just curious as to why

4. jon

jon That dude from the forest

News Credits:
    I'd like to think they're getting better at keeping news from leaking. I can imagine the first two movies alone was a huge learning process.

5. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    I miss the days when the public would know absolutely nothing bar the general subject matter about a movie that was being filmed.

6. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Reason Has No Voice

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The public at large doesn't know anything. It's just us nerdy types who are in the loop.

7. eyeballkid

eyeballkid Old

This is not Inception, but rather a movie about toys.

8. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    So they've gotten better at keeping things under wraps. I fail to see what the problem is here.

I do too. I like being surprised by plot developments in movies, but now that they're on the web a year before the release date, AHRG!!! CAN'T RESIST!!!

9. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

Less info = less bitching before the movie comes out. We've got enough people trying to figure out who the Hell that fire truck is, I can only imagine the backlash if it's named after any TF that WASN'T a firetruck.

10. Cyber Star

Cyber Star Why so Geewun, Loser?

:lol  lol exactly

11. neevnav

neevnav The Flying Dutchman

News Credits:
    To be fair, we didn't know anything about almost any of the new characters in ROTF until the toys started appearing, with the exception of Jetfire who was clearly on the leaked call sheet, and we knew there would be twins. But it wasn't until later product expos that we knew who Sideswipe was, and that Megatron was back, and characters like Sideways and the Constructicons were even in the film. I think this film is on par, or even more revealing so far, being it was filmed in the public eye.

12. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    Honestly I really don't want to know anything else, I mean what more can uplift my expectations? I already know Schockwave, Soundwave and Nascars will be in so that pretty much does it for me.

No more info please, I can wait.

13. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

The less spoilers the better, IMO. I don't want to know the entire plot of this movie upon entering the theatre.

14. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

My guess with the movie is that they want to save things to build buzz closer to the release date. Some people will go no matter what the film is like just because it's the 4th of July, but there could be some worry that the last film was such a Razzie winner. So save some stuff back and try to wow people again to go see it. If you wow them too soon they might let their interest drift off somewhere else since summer 2011 has several contenders for biggest film.

Really not sure why we aren't seeing more stuff on the upcoming shows for The Hub. Even if some of the shows aren't going to premier on the same day as the network you'd think they would do more to build buzz than slap a sticker on the toys. Kind of makes me wonder if the unseen designs are something that could cause an uproar. I mean it's pretty hard to both please the people who like the movie look and the people who don't like the movie look.

15. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    ^This,

I think listening to almost all the spoilers in a way.....kinda ruins some of the film because you'll know who's in it and what to expect.

16. Thundercrackah

Thundercrackah Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Character details will start leaking eventually, it's happened for both the other movies and it'll happen for this one too. I'd imagine we'll have seen some bot modes/toys or know a few of the new robot names by christmas at the very least.

And each leak will be accompanied by the repetitive whining and Bay bashing as usual.
    This fandom is nothing if not predictable.

17. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have been trying to stay relatively spoiler free this time around. I knew too much going in to ROTF, I don't want it to happen again.

18. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

True, but then Bay is predictable as well so you know it's all enviable when the two forces collide again.

Sort of like the predictability of people acting like no one ever complained, bashed, or were unhappy before the live action films came along. Taste vary among fans so there will always be someone who isn't as happy as someone else is. Just one of those things you roll with and cross your finger that it's your turn to get lucky on whatever comes next.

19. Mr Happy Squid

Mr Happy Squid Well-Known Member

Expect something around Super Bowl time?

20. Cyber Star

Cyber Star Why so Geewun, Loser?

yeah, thats prob when we'll get our first teaser trailer hopefully :D  i kinda dont want one before the Super Bowl, too early for me