Lack of info killing your movie buzz ??

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by vektsilver, Aug 8, 2008.

1. optimusdestruction

optimusdestruction THIS IS SPARTA!!!!

News Credits:
    I don't have nearly the buzz I had for the first movie. Something to look forward to other than the release date would be nice. For example an exact date for the first trailer, just something to anticipate. So far this has been pretty vanilla.

2. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I'm happy that there's a lack of info. While I do really like the first one, there wasn't all that much surprising in the movie, as I knew most of it before hand. The one thing I do want to see before I go see the movie, are the toys. I'm already planning on buying at least three of them. Two of which are characters I know will be in the movie. The other, not so sure, but if not, I'll be able to find someone else to fill that role.

3. sunlink

sunlink Be Transformed

News Credits:
    The less info the better. I'd rather go into the movie with less hype and more "surprise & suspense." That makes it a better movie experience for me.

4. Lord Of Tetris

Lord Of Tetris Well-Known Member

I agree. I went through great pains to avoid TDK spoilers like the plague, and not knowing the plot really made the movie better for me. But still, Joker, Batman, Gordon, et al were instantly recognizable as themselves. Sure, there was some redesigning to fit into a movie world, but they essentially looked the same.

I'm all for surprise and suspense, but I don't want the "surprise and suspense" to be, "Is that supposed to be Skywarp? Evil Silverbolt? Blitzwing?" and then only find out it was Jetfire when I look up some message board thread I'd been avoiding.

5. ActionMasterZod

ActionMasterZod Larzzing on twitter!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I lovehate no info being released.
    I love the fact that I am going to be going into the theater not knowing much about the movie if they keep releasing (Or lack there of) info on the movie.

But I hate it because of that same reason, I don't like not knowing much at all. I would atleast like to see some leaked designs or something. Just not anything having to do with the story.

6. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    My hype went up just a bit more today. Went to an afternoon class at my future college and saw a Paramount truck with filming equipment outside. I dunno if they're filming some interior stuff or something for TF2 or what. Gonna ask tomorrow. Hope I'm right.

7. DrLee

DrLee Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Take a camera!!!!

8. PrimePower04

PrimePower04 I got the touch!

without a doubt the lack of info is killing my movie buzz!

9. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    DAMMIT! The crews gone. -_-

Now I'll never know.

10. Freyabeads

Freyabeads TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Not at all. I do not want to know anything. All I want is when it comes out to:
    1. See it with most of you with Backscatter at my side at BotCon 2009!
    and
    2. Lose myself in total fun for a couple of hours.

What I do not want is to wind up analyzing what was real and what was false info. Plenty of time for that after the first viewing.

11. SKowl

SKowl Rubber Golem

I don't need to know anything about the plot, but I do need to know everything else before seeing the movie. I need to have a robot cast and I need to see bot designs and alt modes.

It's more of a thrill for me to be randomly surprised with leaks or official announcements over the next 10 months than to wait and have it all crammed into two hours on June 26th of next year.

I don't want to wait that long for it to be over so quickly, I want to savour it bits at a time over a longer period.

12. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Naw. I didn't dig the first one all that much, but since I know I'm gonna see the second one regardless (at BotCon maybe?) I'm trying to avoid all spoilers for maximum suprise quotient.

13. Drake

Drake Smooth Is Smooth Baby

Ya know it's almost a year away. My movie buzz won't really start until I see trailers.

14. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    A year can go quickly. My movie buzz has been a little killed due to no new info and speculation. I'd settle for a few bot designs or maybe a line up of who's new to the party. That would keep me quiet until trailers hit.

15. NitrogenB

NitrogenB Well-Known Member

This time last movie, about how much info did we know? How much stuff had already been revealed? I can't remember. If I remember correctly, we had a concept image of most of the Transformers, and had access to a ton of set pics and information...correct me if I'm wrong. They are doin' a pretty good job this go around of keeping things under raps. Like the lead poster said though, it's kinda killing the buzz before the movie a little, I dunno. I prolly sent like 20-30 people to the movie just because of the priliminary information and pics I saw that the normal person couldn't give a flip about, that's what I'm saying.

16. NitrogenB

NitrogenB Well-Known Member

Right

At least a list of who's (bots wise) in the movie

17. Paradigm-Shift Prime

Paradigm-Shift Prime Unit Warrior TFW2005 Supporter

Yeah I don't want any main plot spoilers but at least a cast list (for the tfs, duh) and some kind of expression of how they're (supposedly) going to develop their characters would be nice, as empty one/no-liner characterless TFs and more generally TF screen time is my main concern for TFTM2.

18. DrLee

DrLee Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Bob orci has said in the Ask Orci thread that there will be a MASSIVE push starting in November.....

Good to know when we'll be getting something then.