Lack of info killing your movie buzz ??

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by vektsilver, Aug 8, 2008.

1. vektsilver

vektsilver Transorganic member

While I am not the biggest fan of the 2007 movie for numerous reasons, one thing I do like is the designs for the transformers and like everyone here pretty much kept coming to this site like a junkie for leaks,news, or images. Megatron was really the only exception as I kinda do like the StarScream design but its just not fitting for the character at all. So conflicted :rolleyes: 

Any way I guess my point to this thread is with nearly 0% percent leaked info or images about the actual TF's, has this lack of news killed your buzz for this movie? I know for myself I find what curiosity I did have has almost completely dwindled to nothing as seeing new concept car images is getting a bit old. To some degree I'm curious with all the rumors about the original 13 concept being part of this movie (possibly a bit of schadenfreude). But really thats it because there is nothing else coming out to wet the appetite.

Anyone else feel like they are shooting themselves in the foot by being a buzz kill with this whole secrecy thing?

2. Soundwave784

Soundwave784 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    yeah i will admit, i am not as hyped about this one because we have almost 0 info about it. I would say though, when the teaser trailer comes out, or we actually see a design for say... Soundwave, the hype will increase 10x..

3. DrLee

DrLee Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    In all honesty my ticket for TF:ROTF was secured the moment they started shooting...

BUT the lack of any real info is dampening my excitement a bit. If all they say is 'Trailer released on XX/XX/XX' then i'm happy, any more over that is extra.

4. SKowl

SKowl Rubber Golem

Yeah, sometimes I catch myself forgetting there even making a second film. I sit and wonder "what is there to look forward to TF-wise... Wait, they're making a second movie... that's true... yet I don't remember hearing anything about it at Comic-Con..."

Eleven months before the first film came out, we already had a vague idea of the bot cast, the first teaser poster (a classic), one teaser trailer and a few leaked designs (Blackout, Optimus & the Starscream toy prototype). It didn't ruin anything for me, it just made the lead-up more exciting.

5. Nutcrusher

Nutcrusher Decepticon

News Credits:
    I'd say the opposite. Too much info will hype the movie too much, me thinks. I don't think I was that interested too much info until the second teaser came out, so I'm fine until then.

6. AutobotMarine

AutobotMarine Banned

Ebay:
    I'd have to agree, the suspense and hesistation of these people is killing me, they should at least put out a teaser synopsis or something. No wait, they BETTER just do that. :sly2: 

7. Codimus Prime

Codimus Prime Missouri Toy Hunter

I kinda liked knowing stuff going into the first movie.. kinda miss that so far with this one.

8. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

I prefer no information. I'm still recovering from the mess that was the last movie so I'd rather not hear anything until they start showing previews.

9. deymasc

deymasc Well-Known Member

The lack of info isn't bothering me at all. Only because the minute info is released the speculation goes wild...and that gets annoying.
    I will be glad when a trailer is released, though. So until then, I'll wait patiently to see round two of the Transformers on the big screen.

10. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Kind of. I like going in blind not knowing what to expect, but then again I like to know why Im going in the first place.
    But I also like getting into the characters before the movie comes out so Ill already be a fan of them beforehand.
    Or incase I dont like a design, there'll be time to let it grow on me before I see it on the big screen and say "wtf"

11. vektsilver

vektsilver Transorganic member

hell it would be nice just to get some character names that aren't human :bay 

12. Soundwave784

Soundwave784 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    that would be enough for me to

13. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Yea I know it's going to be another round of the characters not looking like they should to me so it would be nice to go ahead and start dealing with that disapointment now rather than waiting to be disapointed. Everything is going to get ruined by the toy line and comic books before the movie so why not spoil when they have control rather than letting the toys spoil it.

Sort of like how I really don't like the black uniforms for the GI Joe movie, but at least I've had time to let it grow on me so now I'm more into what will the characters be like instead of ugh they look like X-Men meets Starship Troopers.

14. Master Fwiffo

Master Fwiffo Bonecrusher Hates You

News Credits:
    Concept art, damnit. CONCEPT. ART!

15. ANDROID PRIME

ANDROID PRIME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    take all the excitement that was spread out over years or pre TF1 and compact it into a few short months. bam!!! sorry ive had a few

16. Dropshot

Dropshot Transform your destiny

News Credits:
    Yep, I was so hyped when there were this filming photos which showed new cars, the actors and the severa locations, but now I'm more interested in universe since nothing new has come about the movie.

17. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    Its just under a year away, not worried about anything at all.
    DN

18. jdre_124

jdre_124 Super Dick

News Credits:
    Hopefully with the rumored release of the Teaser with Eagle Eye then maybe that will open the floodgates on news. Until then the only thing I expect is how Shia's pinky has lost 1 inch.

19. Ironhide2005

Ironhide2005 PS3tag=DeaDPooLTFW

News Credits:
    Little hype here wish we get SOMETHING like soundwave's VA or design

20. transmetal2dinobot

transmetal2dinobot Sub-Commander

Ebay:
    even though his pinky is the only undamaged finger we know of, and the sensationalist news reports were proven false