Lack of Decepticon Advertising

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by The Fortress Maximus, Apr 14, 2007.

1. The Fortress Maximus

The Fortress Maximus Has a toilet in his head

All the posters I see carry the Autobot's symbol. I really think they ought to be using both, or at least interchanging them. For example this ad campaign: http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showthread.php?t=129653 features a very menacing robot (with the Autobot eye), but I think would be much better suited if the Decepticon symbol was at the bottom.

I've seen the Decepticon symbol used on some of the promotions, but not many.

2. Hobbes-timus Prime

Hobbes-timus Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think the Autobot symbol is probably more recognizable to the casual fan. Looking back at the large amount of merchandise back in the 80s, you see it was the more commonly used one when it came to logos and such.

Also, I think it's good that they're stressing the notion that in this alien invasion movie, some of the aliens are on our (the human) side. Good guys among the aliens really set this movie apart, even without the transforming aspect of it.

3. OmegaVPrime

OmegaVPrime Uhm, yea? So what?

Ebay:
    Well yes and no. the autobot symbol is more renouned, however I would be nice to show a little evil :ev: 

4. Poho

Poho That's MISTER Poho to you

News Credits:
    yeah, evil is pretty awesome. i don't see why they wouldnt use both symbols equally, except, of course, that the autobot symbol is probably a little more recognizeable.

5. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    Know why? 'Cuz Autobots rule and Decepticons suck a butt.

<cue flamewar>

6. OmegaVPrime

Ebay:
    (Decepticon in back goes) : "BOOOO" lol :lol 

7. DeceptiKreep

DeceptiKreep Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    We still have a few months before the release... we may see an influx in the type of advertising before that time....

8. The Fortress Maximus

Well they say "most will come to destroy us" followed by the Autobot symbol, which is a bit of a mixed message. Transformers, up until the movie, wasn't really an alien invasion toon. It was much more like Gilligan's Island meets G.I.Joe. Where the Autobots accidentally come to earth, where earth is the "alien world" and these visitors are the main characters. But in this there is an obvious attempt to show the Decepticons as having an earth bound agenda and the Autobots as a 'pocket resistance' trying to stop them. So the Autobot symbol being displayed as the sole symbol in most cases to me sends a mixed message. They ought to display both.

9. The Fortress Maximus

Funny thing though after Optimus the most recognizable characters are Starscream, Megatron and Soundwave...all Decepticons.

10. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

That's because badguys usually look cooler.

11. salmonman78

salmonman78 Mordin, my hero

Once again, a comparison of Transformers I would have never thought of.

12. The Fortress Maximus

I actually prefer using the "Lost in Space where earth is the alien world", but I tried to make a new one.

13. The Fortress Maximus

Well in Transformers, at least, the Decepticons Transformed into jets and weapons, which on the whole are cooler than 1980s style cars.

14. OmegaVPrime

Ebay:
    Yea, your right, as a matter of fact they are almost the first to mind in my head everytime I think about transformers. Well except soundwave, he wasnt one of my fav. chars. , but yea I deffinantley see yuor point.

Maybe in a fit of rage most hardcore decepticon fans just start whoring the internet and every building with decpticon propagnda lol :lol  !!!!!

15. turk128

turk128 Well-Known Member

They're not evil, they're just misunderstood.

16. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    well if you look at movie advertising they tend to push the good more than the bad.

You wouldn't make a movie about say, a terrorist plot, and be giving equal billing to the terrorist characters as you would your hero characters. Makes no sense.

17. Poho

Poho That's MISTER Poho to you

News Credits:

touché

18. OmegaVPrime

Ebay:
    So says the guy with the Strawberrie girls hat as his avatar :lol  :confused: 

Joking

Misunderstood???? I could understand how boobs in a bra could be misunderstood as an ass in the pants...bu taking over the universe sounds pretty clear :lol 

19. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    There are seriously fans who think that, and who hate the Autobots. Thankfully they've been a VERY small minority nowadays, but in the early days of the TF internet fandom, they dominated it. And of course they were "led" by the most notorious of all: Raksha.

20. The Fortress Maximus

"Most will come to destroy us" followed by trailer shots of Bonecrusher, Starscream, and Barricade (who have been shown the most) seems to be stressing the evil actually.
    Yeah but this isn't a USA vs. "People we hate" type movie, it's about (as all the advertising says "Their war, our world") a civil war that erupts on our planet between outsiders. If anything then, the humans ought to be getting top billing since they, ultimately, are the heroes of the film (to anyone familiar with the script)...but then I suppose a rendering of Spike's face would just look stupid:tongue: