Lack of Customization Options Are Worrying Me

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Nemesis*Prime, Jun 5, 2010.

1. Nemesis*Prime

Nemesis*Prime Decepticon Renegade

News Credits:
    I just read this over at Destructoid.com. They recently did another article on WFC and among the various things about the game they highlighted was this little bit of info about customizing our bots:

"As well as picking a class, players get a limited amount of customization too. I played around with making my own character, which basically means picking a predetermined chassis and changing the colors. The colors are restricted depending on if it's an Autobot or Decepticon, which was a bit frustrating. I understand why this was done, to make the factions distinct, but it's a shame that the Autobots got the bright yellow and orange, meaning I couldn't make Sunstorm for the Decepticons. I was able to compromise and make Acid Storm though, so I suppose it'll have to do."

We couldn't swap body parts between the different characters - fine I can live with that. We can't switch the allegiances of the bots and cons - alright, disappointing, but no big deal.

But now we're limited to what colors we can use?

I might be blowing this out of proportion but I think I've just spotted the first big ball High Moon has dropped. What do you guys think?

2. fastballspecial

fastballspecial SAY SOMETHIN'!

News Credits:
    As a fan that's a pretty big bummer, but as a gamer that's a good idea. The last thing I want flying around is a yellow Air Raid and a yellow Starscream so I end up shooting at the wrong one.

3. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Who friggin' cares. Nobody cares in other games like, say, MW2 where your can't change your appearence at all. (besides what map you're on)

The fact that they're giving us any customization is fine.

4. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    I always expected the customization to be limited, but the colors do sound quite worrisome...Bit of an odd and disappointing choice.

5. Tiller

Tiller I don't know nothin'

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    There is only so much they can do with modeling and characters to be put into a game. Making a more complex system would have required more time, budget, and manpower. Of course it seems a bit lacking, but I never expected anything beyond colors anyway.

At least now it makes sense with the disguise ability. You "change colors" so to speak.

6. Sorrow Six Star

Sorrow Six Star Close Countach

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Those other games don't have a whole bunch of characters I want to build.
    So in essence I care.
    As long as I can build a blue car with a red face and a yellow sideswipe I can deal.

7. Glass_of_water

Glass_of_water Well-Known Member

known this since that first multiplayer trailer when you actually see the decepticons five main colours, everyone gets black white and grey though i guess, but really i don't get why colours can't over lap, i mean i understand they want people to be distinguishable but i think they are been too over cautious. the thing that sucks the most is that its only 2 colours we get to pick, 3 would have been nicer for variation :p  ohwell if there is a sequel we can hope for more in depth customization cause customizing stuff rocks!

8. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Doesn't really bother me. I was going to use the default story mode colors anyway.

9. shadowsfm

shadowsfm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    holy crap, each faction only gets half the rainbow. long as i get my black i'm happy

10. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    We already saw a yellow Breakdown in the multiplayer game modes trailer.

11. crazycj123456

crazycj123456 The crazy Decepticon!

maybe DLC will come out in the future for more options if a lot of people want more customization

12. Nemesis*Prime

Nemesis*Prime Decepticon Renegade

News Credits:
    After reviewing the multi-player trailers I've concluded that both sides get five basic colors:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sso02V was right in that there was a pic of a yellow/orange Breakdown in one of the trailers, but my only theory there is that Breakdown only looked like he did because of the angle of lighting or something to that effect.

13. Leadfoot

Leadfoot The Strongest.

I have to say this is quite a bit different from that. Limiting color choices is the first minus I've seen so far.

14. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Eh, as I've said before, I'm just happy we're getting any customization at all.

15. D-Unit

D-Unit #1 Heel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Not exactly great news, but not exactly something to be that upset about IMO. Hell, since the beginning (1984) if you think about it, TF's were all about limited repaints (Prowl/Bluestreak, Seekers, etc....)

16. Sso02V

News Credits:
    It's either that, or the game mode the reviewer played required uniform team colors.

17. King Henrik

King Henrik Well-Known Member

News Credits:

i could see this being the case for team modes. like in halo its always red vs. blue unless it's a free for all.

...but now that i'm thinking about it.. is there any non team based mp modes?

now that i'm thinking about it, i really love how halo selects gametypes. it gives you a playlist of similar types of games and then randomly selects a game type from that list. players can veto if no one likes the mode or map.

18. Sso02V

News Credits:
    I'm fairly certain there's a straight-up Deathmatch. I mean, that's like rule 1 for online multiplayer, right?

19. Xaxis

Xaxis Well-Known Member

In my opinion, customization is a bonus. I'd rather they put more development time/money into overall great game design, playability, story, etc. From what I've seen, I'd say that's the case.

Does anyone know if they're planning any expansion packs for this game (or if that will be possible)? I haven't been reading up about this game in-depth, so I'm not sure what information is out there about this.

20. fastballspecial

fastballspecial SAY SOMETHIN'!

News Credits:
    The dev team has been very quiet about any DLC. Matt mostly says that if the game does well enough to expect to see a sequel and that DLC is something he cannot confirm or deny.