Lack Of Classics At Wal*Mart

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Razerwire, Nov 19, 2006.

1. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Super Mod

News Credits:
    Anyone else experiencing this?

I went to six Wal*Marts today and not a single one had Classics with the exception of one which had like a million DVD Primes.

I've been perusing the other Sightings forums and it seems like a nationwide problem where Wal*Mart practically has no Classics deluxes or voyagers whatsoever?

2. Beastbot X

Beastbot X The Toad Knows.

News Credits:
    My local Wal-Mart got in one case of Wave 1 deluxes about a month ago-- other than that, I've never seen a Classic at a Wal-Mart yet. They're still consistently restocking Cybertron when it gets low, though.

3. Lupis Convoy

Lupis Convoy Paw Prince Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Only stuff Ive found is a random wave 1 stock, and then the voyagers... but it's rare for walmarts up here to restock in anything anyway.... and they wonder why alternators never sell...

4. MagiRanger

MagiRanger Banned

Ebay:
    Wal Mart near me got one case of Deluxe Prime and Megs many weeks ago and hasn't gotten anything else. Hell, even half of the Cybertron stuff here are the Armada repaints and Primus'.

5. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Zilch classics at the Torrance, CA Walmart.

6. Rama Sha

Rama Sha Tosche Station Pimp

Ebay:
    Same here. One case at One Wal-Mart just before Halloween and nothing since. It didn't even get a peg, they just put them on a shelf under the Superman stuff.

7. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    the first time I saw Classics was at a wal-mart... they had the deluxes, but only one of each

when I went back to the same wal-mart, there no deluxes at all, but several ultras

I went to a different wal-mart just tonight, and I experienced the same "no classics, but a ton of DVD Primes" situation. In fact, that whole aisle was a huge mess.

8. Viper_486

Viper_486 Cobraaa!

Nothing here at mine, just a dozen DVD Primes, nothing else.
    *sniff*
    I want my classics. :( 

9. Omegatron

Omegatron Mandatory Fun. Buy it now TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    One local WM hasn't had them, to my knowledge. The other had a case of deluxes. I bought the last Starscream, leaving two rather forlorn-looking Astrotrains. Now, even those are gone.

-Tony!

10. Weirdwolf

Weirdwolf TFYLP Podcast Founder TFW2005 Supporter

Every Walmart I went to in this area was full of them a month ago, and now I can't find a single one in stores. Hasbro, this is proof that Classics OWNZ!!!!!!

11. unicron's blues

unicron's blues I need to get rich!

Word!!

12. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Both my local Wally Mart's had zilch Classics yesterday. I did find the Classics Ops VS. Megaton @ my local TRU though. :D 

13. KidDynamite

KidDynamite don't know nothing Veteran

Mine has had Classics in stock steadily for a while now, but they apparently have little interest in selling them. Both Voyagers and Deluxes have been stocked in the overstock areas where nobody can find or reach them without a sharp eye.

14. fschuler

fschuler Member TFW2005 Supporter

I hit up two WMs near me yesterday afternoon. One had a load of voyager Megs and Prime, but only one lonely Astrotrain. The other had one Prime, one Megs, one Hot Rod, and one SS. I've never seen a classic at the WM close to work.

I went to my local TRU and there was some kind of pre-Thanksgiving weekend fiasco in the making...no classics to be found at all. And, they had a SHITload of Cyb. Sup. Starscreams...maybe he's going to be on sale next week.

15. seven

seven RIP Poopers 4-1993/5-2008

I found one Prime at one Walmart, 1 Set of Delxues (minus Hot Rod) at another, and none at all at a third. Two of the three had 6 million DVD Primes (the third being the one without any classics at all).

16. Shipley

Shipley No Topic Required

News Credits:
    madison, wi has 2 walmarts. the one on the east side of town I've seen all classics several times, so I know its been more than 2 shipments. the one on the west side has yet to display anything.

17. Ruination04

Ruination04 8 Years Old Since 1984!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    My WM got one case of W1 in and then they dried out. They have 7 or 8 DVD Primes. I did see 1 Astrotrain shoved back behind a row of Cybertron figures last night. They have a ton of Cyb. toys. Meanwhile, my Target has pretty much everything.

18. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    I've noticed the same thing. I got five out of the sex wave 1 Classics at Wal-Marts, but none of the ones I regularly visit have any out now. My guess would be that Wal-Mart hasn't designated an area for the Classics yet, and has just used some of Cybertron's shelf space. I'm sure that we'll be seeing a lot more Classics after they do their next reset of the toy department or once Cybertron is totally sold out, whichever happens first.

19. Lupis Convoy

Lupis Convoy Paw Prince Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    WEll this means one of two things....

Walmart is Dropping Transformers.... they won't carry them anymore since they don't sell enough for their likes.. or Hasbro pissed them off.

Well now that that scary and highly-unlikely theory is out.. this is more of a realistic thought...

They want to push out the old stock of Cybertron out during Xmas first to eliminate it. During the big XMas Holiday Festivus rush.... Parents will be mostly uninformed and will scoop up most of the stuff, jsut caring it has a character name or the brand name. (not saying all.. since I know how crafty some kids are at giving exact info and design specs...)

I bet it will be filtering in more after the holidays. Sides.... Target has them stocked most of the time here now. :) 

20. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

Same issue here. Most of them are chock full of cybertron. It originally looked to me like they were clearing out the deluxes, most of them around me had none, then all the sudden, they restocked them with more old cybertron after weeks of being empty!

One walmart had the DVD Prime on and end cap, and actually sold about half, then they put them on the top top overstock shelf to die.

I did see ONE case of deluxes at my localest walmart, on the top top shelf of course.

I even have one TRU that only has classics voyagers and the 2 pack, no deluxes, even though their deluxe section is completely empty!