Labtop harddrive busted.

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by xion14, Aug 11, 2011.

1. xion14

xion14 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Laptop harddrive busted.

A while ago my laptop stopped working and a friend checked on it saying part of the harddrive went off place breaking it. So I've been using my PS3. I've been wondering what else it takes besides a new HD to repair it? Some just tell me I'm better off getting a new labtop instead but that's pricey.

2. Paladine

Paladine Well-Known Member

Harddrive went 'off place?'

That doesn't really make any sense. Anyhow, the drive could certainly be bad. It's hard to analyze without physical access to the laptop.

Laptop hard drives can be bought for relatively cheap, $50-$100 depending on how much storage you want.

If you don't know the actual reason why your laptop stopped working, guessing that the hard drive is broken and replacing it is not a good idea. It's best to have it checked out by someone who knows what they're doing.

3. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    WTF is a "labtop"?

4. xion14

xion14 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    He ran some checks in it and he came up with the problem being that. He works at a library and has some knowledge on fixing some issues at computers there. Sorry, it's force of habit calling it labtop since I have since I was little.