LA Times - Spielberg to stick with Transformers

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Alienbot, Sep 21, 2008.

1. Alienbot

Alienbot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Although he has left Viacom/Paramount, Steven Spielberg still intends to produce more Transformers films after ROTF with Paramount. He still has a 50% share in DreamWorks, and not to mention Orci and Kurtzman are still contracted to write for him, just at his new studio that has yet to be christened.

Paramount Pictures releases Steven Spielberg from contract - Los Angeles Times

The story uses a lot of words like "proposal", "earmarked" and so on, but I'm just glad the reliable word is Spielberg will stick around.

2. girafeswordsman

girafeswordsman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Awesome.

3. ashion

ashion Well-Known Member

In a way this could be good... or really really bad and get into 'beating the dead horse so bad its pulverised bone' territory if they make too many movies... or try to.

4. Dropshot

Dropshot Transform your destiny

News Credits:
    I love this news, thanks for sharing, although apparently he wasn't very involved with the sequel, I hope he stays a long time with the franchise to give more of his vision.

5. Deadend

Deadend Overloaded Spark

News Credits:
    Didn't dreamworks itself recently become independant from Paramount and Viacom? Or is that what this is about besides just spielberg? Cause that makes me curious over what will happen to the next sequel. Or if it'll be a joint venture of the two.

6. Dropshot

Dropshot Transform your destiny

News Credits:
    Just read the article, yes Spielberg departed Viacom, but this states that he wants to be invovled in transformers, so probably, TF3 will be a joint venture between dreamworks and paramount.

7. Drake

Drake Smooth Is Smooth Baby

Steven knows where the money pile is.