Minor/Repaint: Kustomized Kreo Sideswipe

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by jazzman_78, Feb 4, 2012.

1. jazzman_78

jazzman_78 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Hello fellow Kreonites! I've been working on several Kreo Kustoms for a while now, and I've finally found the time to get them on here. I'm really a fan of these things and I'm thrilled that the line seems to be doing well so far. I've always liked Legos, and really thought Lego Transformers would be cool. Finally, Transformers building sets have arrive. Although they're not Lego brand, I've found the Kreo to be high quality, unlike other 'building brick' brands.

While I really love the Kreo, I find the bot modes leave a little to be desired. It's admittedly personal taste, but I've not gotten one set I haven't felt the need to 'fix'. It seems every set needs some touch-ups to the chest, as well as a better weapon. So far, I've found it relatively easy to remedy that. That's what I love most about these sets, the endless possibilities, and the fact that your customs don't have to be permanent. Don't like the results? Change it! I've tried my hand at customizing actual transformers, but with one exception it's nothing I'd be willing to show here. Mostly just silver/metallic drybrushing and picking out a few details. I did to a pretty good 2007 movie ratchet, using lots of the mods and paint aps I've seen others do here, but it's nothing original so I never posted it. So the Kreos are how I'll contribute to the forum. Now, while (I would hope) I could create far more fantastic mods with other pieces, especially actual Legos, I've confined myself to only using pieces from the set itself. (I cheat that rule a little on one custom, but I think it was worth it.)

Here I've tried to give Sideswipe the traditional car hood look, simply rearranging his chest to integrate the major pieces from the hood in alt mode. Some of the original chest pieces ended up o the shoulders, in attempt to recall the little 'hook/spike detail from the Classics mold. On this set I'm not a fan of the staggered construction of the shins, so I straightened them. It makes him look a little gangly, but if it starts to bother me too much I can tinker with it later. I added random bits to spruce up his gun a little. Lastly, the door backpack was bothering me, so I just took them off. Liiking at the leftovers, I figured I'd create some type of jetpack. The results are below. Any and all comments and criticisms are welcome. Thanks for looking!

Attached Files:

2. KnightHawkke

KnightHawkke Flynn Lives TFW2005 Supporter

Nice work, no basic Primes left in my area, so I can't finish my Kreo Powermaster Prime project for a while :cry 

3. jazzman_78

jazzman_78 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Thanks! Keep hunting, I would love to see your Powermaster Prime.