Kup, Scourge and other Botcon toys...

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Lumpy, Jan 25, 2011.

1. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    i need help figuring out what to do with them, but mostly Kup and Scourge. I quite enjoy my 2009 set, but in my personal fanon i don't need both characters twice... and i prefer the new versions to the 09. But if i sell the 09 versions, i break up my complete set of 09. however, i was thinking about selling two of my 3 sharkticons anyway, because i'm trying to cut down on duplicates and all 3 sharks are the same (despite different names). and i've got SkyByte and Energon Sharkticon. basically, i just don't know what's better for me to do. I'm not really into TF's for the resale value, and 2009 isn't exactly the 2007 desire levels but breaking up a complete set means less money, should i hypothetically sell it someday...

I've also still got 2005 Ironhide sitting sealed in his bag, cuz i dont need or want him, but for some reason i'm retarded and haven't sold him yet...

2. Jacer

Jacer Find Kill Cleanse Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    I'll take Ironhide!

3. Overhaulimus

Overhaulimus Sword of Fury!

News Credits:
    It all falls to what you want to do man, if you want to sell em, then sell em. But if it was me, I'd keep them just for the fact that it completes the '09 set.

4. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    is it a box set? if it is just put them back in the box. You can also keep Botcon scourge and a sweep to function as Gen. Scourge's sweeps and sell the two extra botcon sweeps. As for Kup well he's young kup anyways, pose him with dion and the other wreckers

5. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    My birthday is coming up soon! Cinco de Mayo de Quaddy will soon be upon you! :D 

6. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The fifth of May of Quad? :lol 

7. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    YES! The fifth of May of Quaddy!

8. Erector

Erector I ruined the Hall of Fame

News Credits:
    I just sold my Kup and Scourge, I'm in the same position as you. Probably gonna sell my sweeps too, and get a few Scourges :) 

9. Victorysabre

Victorysabre Born to Transform

News Credits:
    You honestly stand a better chance of making more money by selling the figures individually.

But if having the complete 09 set is what you want to do, display those figures together separately from everything else rather than mixing the characters in elsewhere.

10. hupla

hupla Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Im just having my 09 scourge lead the Generation scourge(s) as his sweeps. I loke Botcon Scourge just a bit more though

11. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Funnily enough, I'm having Generations Scourge lead the Botcon Scourge and Sweeps as his soldiers. The Botcon Scourge being repurposed as a kind of "Sweep Commander". As for Kup, he's Kup in the days of his youth, so he can sort of exist as well.

Really though it depends on if you want to keep the set together or not, because the set as a whole is brilliant.

12. Lumpy

News Credits:
    so i woke up this morning, and realized i never completed the 09 set... i never got the actual Sweeps... i was thinking of my 2010 set, which is complete after getting my Sharkticons, who've been sitting sealed in the bag for the better part of a year... hence my thinking i should sell at least 2 of them... the rest of the 2010 set has been on display in a g2 setup, with Walmart Skyjack and his sweet upgraded head, as well as Energon Sharkticon cuz he needs to be with SkyByte. but those sharks are still just sitting sealed away... and i know if i sell them, ORIO will want one for sure... so that's good, cuz i can charge him like 100 bucks if i want...

and while Kup is a young Kup, and i do have him posed with the other WOH crew, i think i just prefer old Kup... and i've got every version of that Red Alert mold, and Kup is my least favorite... and i'll never have every Botcon toy because of the crazy prices of the 2008 set, unless i win the lottery... and of course, if i win the lottery, i can always buy these guys back and i won't care about the price...

i kinda like that idea... but now that i've realized i'm and idiot and don't have the sweeps, it doesn't work the same... oh well... maybe i'll buy them someday...

Last edited: Jan 25, 2011
  13. Edgewise

Edgewise updated homage

News Credits:
    Well, if you've got BC09 Scourge and get some Gen.Scourges, then the BC guy can either be 'Cybertronian Scourge' or he can be *the* Scourge and the Gen.Scourges can all be (cheap) Sweeps. Got pretty much the same color scheme, just with an actual different body to set apart the leader.

14. Lumpy

News Credits:
    that's not a bad idea edgewise... we'll have to see... definitely leaning towards selling Kup, 2 Sharks and Ironhide at the moment, but now i'm thinking of keeping Scourge... and possibly buying the BC Sweeps...

15. Crazy Ramjetty

Crazy Ramjetty marvel's got it good

I say you make generations kup "kup senior" and you make timelines kup "kup junior" and as for the scourges, in my personal opinion you should sell the generations scourge, the timelines scourge fits in with the 09 set much better and he fits in with the CHUGUR line no problem

16. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I don't typically rank the botcon sets as part of my normal collection but more as souvenirs of the Botcons I've attended.

...something tells me that's going to leave you with a really bad hangover.

17. Lumpy

News Credits:
    i've not had the chance to attend a Botcon yet (hoping to make 2012, since i can't go this year), so the toys all get mixed into the regular massive collection i have... except they stay in their groups, ie G2 Bots are together as a crew, as are WOH, but Botcon 06 Maximals are on their own shelf, with their Beast Wars counterparts...