Kup, Perceptor and Wreck Gar-- the differences

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Master Blaster, Dec 25, 2010.

1. Master Blaster

Master Blaster Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I've been looking for several days now at many images of both United and Generations/Classics Kup, Perceptor and Wreck Gar; trying to spot the differences between the two so I can preorder the three that'll look best in my collection.

I think I'm sold on United Perceptor thanks to his darker red and blue plastic and white parts as opposed to Generations' chrome, pinky-red and tealish blue digs. Kup and Wreck-Gar, far less success.

So I thought to myself, "I can't be the only one doing this little comparison, surely?", and thus I am here now asking for your help!
    What I really need, what we all really need, is a compiled list of differences between the two lots of figures, and maybe a compilation of images for all figures for comparisons.

If you've got anything that can help, I beseech you to post it in here for us all to see!

(Sorry if this is the wrong forum. "Toys" seemed the most sensible, though I admit the feedback forum could also technically be used. If you just want to bitch about placement don't bother posting, leave it to the mods to fix it.

EDIT::: Found some better scans over at the Allspark.

http://www.allspark.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=74712&st=60 Further down the page are the links

LARGE UNITED PAGE, better quality scan

http://www.allspark.com/index.php?f...n=com_gallery&Itemid=4&include=view_photo.php

Post #79 also has good quality scans of all the pages detailing MP Rodimus Prime/Hot Rod. Includes some transformation pages. Have a look! Credit to Allspark/TFW member Powered Convoy for the scans, thanks mate! :D 

Here's the important page, hosted on Photobucket::

[​IMG]

And a list of comparisons::

2. CyclonuS_ZerO

CyclonuS_ZerO Uni-con

News Credits:
  3. Brainchild

Brainchild Dark Flame Master

If you need help to see the differences, it's best just to stick with the cheaper versions.

4. Master Blaster

Master Blaster Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Very silly of me, didn't think to search for other threads of the same topic! What can I say, it's been a long day :lol 

Does anyone have this book to hand? We could really do with some better scans of the United page.

@Brainchild-- As it happens I don't need help to see the differences. What I need is decent source material to study to find the differences in detail. It's hard to see any detail in thumbnail-sized photos of the figures (there aren't many decent pics of the United figures around).

I'm very particular about my Neo-G1 collection. Now that I can realistically afford to buy any TakaraTomy stuff I want, I scrutinise every figure that comes our way. I want screen-accuracy!

5. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:

Tha is impossible as these Generations/ RTS figures have not appeared in any Tv series or movie. They are simply updates to classic Characters.

6. Master Blaster

Master Blaster Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Don't nitpick, you know what I mean by screen-accuracy. Your post is useless spam.

First post updated with links, images and comparisons. Hopefully others in need find this data useful too!

EDIT:: The second link in the first post takes you to an enlarged, zoomed-in version of the United product page. Useful for studying in detail.

7. MidnightBliss

MidnightBliss Well-Known Member

I think it will be hard to tell until we get retail versions of both. Photoshopped pics can be misleading.

8. Master Blaster

Master Blaster Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This is very true, we only have "real" pictures of Hasbro's versions. Though, up to this point I think TakaraTomy have stuck close to their original photoshopped images when it comes to final colour schemes, so I'm hopeful that the provided images above can give us a semi-accurate fortelling.

9. PoweredConvoy

PoweredConvoy Randy of the Allspark

News Credits:
    You're welcome! :) 

Randy