Kung Fu Panda tv series, Guy who plays Monkey

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Lazerwave, Dec 1, 2010.

1. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    To all who have watched the Dreamworks movie Kung Fu Panda you should all know that there will be a tv series about it. But the thing I found out is that, you know the guy who played Monkey is Jackie Chan, right? Although the guy who will be playing Monkey in the tv series is James Sie. But a little fact, James Sie is also the guy who played Jackie Chan in Jackie Chan Adventures. So I'm thinking Coincidence? I am actually imagine Monkey running and saying, "Bad Day, Bad Day, Bad Day!"

2. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Doesn't really surprise me that they'd go with the cheaper option of a Jackie Chan soundalike, especially one that has voiced a Chan character previously. Considering how little KFP's Monkey spoke in the movie anyway I doubt anyone would've noticed much difference whoever had voiced a television version.
    I'd imagine many, if not all, of the voices will be recast for the television show anyway considering the star name cast the movie had.

3. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    Reminds me of the Lorenzo Music-Bill Murray connection.

4. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Yep!!!!! That is awesome connection as well, I wonder if Frank Welker will someday play Peter Venkman?

5. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    I found a sneak peak online from Comic Con. Monkey even sounds like Jackie from Jackie Chan Adventures. Listen carefully when he says, "I'm never going to eat for the rest of my life." When Po has to do chin ups before eating.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2016