Kuma Style Video/Pictoral Review: MAstermind Creations KM-03 Cyclops

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Reviews' started by Kuma Style, Jul 15, 2012.

1. Kuma Style

Kuma Style Toy Photography TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2016
  2. RICEMASTER

RICEMASTER Special Agent Doofy

Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Nice review TJ!!! Diggin the Rick Ross intro!!!:thumb 

3. Kuma Style

News Credits:
    Thanks!

4. thielmj

thielmj Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm actually really thinking about picking this guy up, the minion really set him over the top for me,

5. CyclonuS_ZerO

CyclonuS_ZerO Uni-con

News Credits:
    Great review, great photos sir. I just realized how much you really do get for the cost of this figure. Worth every penny I'd have to say. Not gonna get it, HOS stuff not my digs, but I can't say there are really any faults here. This figure definitely deserves a 9/10 if not a perfect 10. Now...GIVE ME SIXSHOT!!!

6. TheJackal

TheJackal Banned

Loved your review of Cyclops and I am sure if people were on the fence about this figure hopefully you have squashed them but there were a few things I noticed...

You forgot a few steps in your review w/ cyclops.

1. you forgot to extend the cannon to reveal the gatling gun on the smokestack cannon

2. you forgot to extend his toes to give more articulation and balance in his feet and this also allows the leg panels to fit snugly behind the toe and not put pressure on them.

pic for reference:

[​IMG]

I respect your reviews and opinions and I hope me pointing these minor things out don't upset you or make it seem like your review wasn't thorough.

thanks again for all the work you put into these pictures and reviews.

7. Kuma Style

News Credits:
    I don't like the way the gattling gun looks extended, so O completely forgot about it during the review, but the feet thing... holy CRAP I didn't know about that at all.

That's awesome, and no dude, by all means, I appreciate the help, because I'm all about making additional videos for fixes and parts I left out.

8. TheJackal

TheJackal Banned

yeah that little bit of extension can make a world of difference depending on the pose your trying to put this monster into.

Glad I was able to help point this out.

Keep up these great reviews

9. Kuma Style

News Credits:
    Thanks again, and additional video added!

10. Cadbane

Cadbane Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Good job man! My Cyclops should be arriving tomorrow, I just love watching more reviews before playing mine.
    I notice from Vangelus' review that the lowest leg armor which is just above the feet can be pushed up a bit. Vangelus also broke that piece but he glued it. He reminded to push from the arm underneath the armor instead of directly on the armor piece to avoid breaking it.

I am not a fan of the mini Cyclops though. Not that it is a bad figure. It is very cool but it is never in the HOS story. Mastermind priced its repaint at 25 dollars which means the Big Cyclops would have cost only 135 dollars without the mini. For now I would have to pay 25 for something that I don't like. Why not just sell them separately so people will buy what they want?

11. Kuma Style

News Credits:
    Thanks, and yea, the under armor is pushed up, and that step is included in the transformation, but I had to reglue a piece on mine as well.

As for the miniature Shockwave... I can't lie, I love him, and with the connectivity it has to the bigger figure, I was glad to see it included.

Realistically, at $160, this figure, even by itself, would fit that pricepoint, even by has-tak standards: Look at MP-11. It's pretty much an MP figure, with a free mini-figure, to me.

12. Cecilia

Cecilia Transforming

Wow okay, didn´t expect less from you, but still wow, great review! Really makes me want him! Let´s see how my week goes XD

13. Kuma Style

News Credits:
    Well, thank you ma'am. I do appreciate the words!

14. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    Yeah, I showed the extension in my video, but I never use it. I just slide it forward JUST enough that you can see the chaingun barrels inside the larger one, but not all the way out.

15. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard Sons of Unicron PTT

News Credits:
    I'd say you would have no problem selling your mini-Cyclops for $30+, so you'll actually end up paying less than $135. Just buy the figure already ;) 

16. TacomaPrime

TacomaPrime Cybertronian Tacoma

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I got my cyclops saturday. Didn't get to play with him till yesterday. I am LOVING this figure! He's my favorite in my collection right now!

17. Kuma Style

News Credits:
    Honestly, I'm gonna check out how that looks when I get home. When I extended it, it just looked very odd, so I honestly just let it go and didn't think about the feature again.

Wow! That's actually a great idea for anyone not high on the mini-fig. Great suggestion SB.

Nice! I saw your pictures in the main thread, and it's looking good with those KMCs!

18. TacomaPrime

TacomaPrime Cybertronian Tacoma

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thanks. I don't take the same quality pics you do, but I agree. He looks good with the KMC's. I wonder if mastermind will be making the white ultra magnus one that is on the box with annihilator? that one looked cool too!
    I'm REALLY looking forward to the seekers from them though.

19. Napalm

Napalm Sins Of The Manfish TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Does yours have squeaky hips TJ? Man I want this thing so bad. Fill my preorder Kapow! Fill it now!

20. The Iron Moose

The Iron Moose Well-Known Member

This is truly a beautiful, imposing figure - but I am disappointed in how long it took me to connect the backpack flaps under the boat mode. I'd also express concern about the stiffness of the robot arm slide-hinge, the durability of the above-foot flap connection, and the potential for paint scratches under the paddle housings.

These are minor concerns, aside from how long I spent mating the zigzag-nubs. This is a beautiful toy and I sincerely hope no one's ever falls off a shelf.