"KT Figure Collection" questions

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by DeathFrogurt, Mar 23, 2007.

1. DeathFrogurt

DeathFrogurt The frogurt is cursed!

Got some questions about these Transformers KT PVCs I just ordered from BBTS. Check it out:
    http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=TAK10628&mode=retail&picture=in
    1. Is there a secret 6th figure in this set? I seem to recall a hand that fits perfectly onto MP Prime's arm, with a Sparkplug or Spike figure in it.
    2. Check out this listing for a set of 12:
    http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=TAK10098&mode=retail&picture=out
    So it's $45 for 12, or $37 for just the 5? Doesn't it seem weird that for 8 extra bucks you get 7 more PVC figures? It makes me wonder if the complete set I bought is actually 10 figures, which would just be crazy. So what's the deal?

2. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I think that hand w/Spike in it was a chase, i remember seeing it but I'm not positive it was from the KT set. Though a case of 12 of these suggests they're blind packed, and if so then there being a chase figure is pretty well guaranteed.

It looks like the complete set is just the main five, while the case is 12 blind boxes in which you're not certain to get all 5 figures.

3. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I think Spike on hand figure was a chase in Histroy collection. The price difference is because of the display case, I assume. The ones you see are the whole lineup of KT figure collection :) 

4. ambushbug74

ambushbug74 Stroke me, Stroke me! TFW2005 Supporter

I was under the impression that the hand was part of the KT collection, but I did get the "KT Collection Complete" box set and it wasn't in there. Either because they wouldn't package the chase in there, thus reducing the chase, or it was aprt of the history set. Either way I really want that hand, I thought it was the neatest thing when I first saw it.

5. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The hand was indeed a "chase" piece for History, and has become quite scarce, in no doubt due to the interactivity with MP Prime.

The KT figures as a whole must have been WAY overproduced, as they're very plentiful on Yahoo Japan, and don't sell, even at less than $1 apiece.

The only other KT variant out there is an attractive pewter version of the Prime bust that was a convention or magazine exclusive of some kind. You can get it for around $2 on Yahoo Japan if you can't find it domestically.

EDIT: clarification

6. SydneyY

News Credits:
    *been googling*
    I was going to add "silver metalic" KT Convoy but you beat me to it :D  It came with a magazine.

And here's a History collection back of the box picture
    [​IMG]

I have only got some gray bottlecap figures, but they are much smaller than KT ones.

7. Matrix Soul

Matrix Soul Skull 4 reporting in!

News Credits:
    anyone got a better picture of spike on the hand?

8. noob

noob Well-Known Member

the spike with hand is a chase piece from the:-

Transformers History Collection.

just wanted to reiterate that.
    and yeah the prices have been plummeting for them. that seems a little high to pay for the set.

9. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    wow...that 12 piece thing is on sale now too, for only 34....thats a good deal if you can get that hand, but id also like to see a better picture of it, as i dont know what it is...and the rumble and frenzy figures look great...anyone have pics of those in a collection?

10. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    As was just confirmed... the hand is from the History collection, not the KT. Buying the KT case will most definitely not get you a hand.

But I'll clap for you. :p 

11. ams

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ^
    Right, I should have put a paragraph break in my post to show that. Sorry if I contributed to any confusion. I'll fix.

12. DeathFrogurt

DeathFrogurt The frogurt is cursed!

So I'm not getting a hand. Got it.

Anything special I should know about Yahoo Japan? Like how to get there? (too lazy to Google it)

Gallery of History collection, including hand:
    http://tfkenkon.com/collection/act234/

13. Rod

Rod No Silly Robot User Name

ummm. whats with the fig of a little girl bathing? weird. Anyway I think there is a gray Prime chase fig in this set, so ordering the case might not be a bad idea.

14. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    ah, well i didnt plan on buying it either way, but still wanna see this hand....

EDIT: thanks death frogurt....

and the girl bathing is from RID, but done in a cutesy weird japanese naked girl style.

15. ams

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Not a chase. See posts 5&6.

16. SydneyY

News Credits:
    Yep, KT collection is designed by Yuki Oshima, of KissPlay "fame". Guess he just couldn't control his urge.

17. PrimulArchangel

PrimulArchangel Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have this collection.. There are only 5 figures to the set and compared to the normal PVC figures that have been released these are super detailed.. The one in the bath is "AI" from robots in disguise.. Shes taking a bath and prime is spying on her and Sky Byte is peeking out of the water spitting water from his mouth lol , pretty silly really .. But the others are very cool ..

On prime you push a button on his back and his chest opens and the matrix slides forward.
    On rumble and frenzy you can move there pile drivers in and out ..

the Devistator one is a re-creation of the scene from the movie when he is tearing open the wall of autobot city..

Thats about it .. I wish they would make more of these because like i said there so much more detailed then the other PVC's.. I bought a case of 12 on ebay hoping to get more then one set from the deal but i only got one complete set.. I only got 1 rumble in the case .. I gave one almost complete set to my nephew and the others i put up for sale.. I have 2 left - a Frenzy and a Devistator if anyone is intrested you can check my sales page.
    http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showthread.php?t=125971 .
    Ill post some pics here for you to check out how these look if you are wondering :) 

Enjoy

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]